Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Multiple hits on one ticket?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 7 years ago by sully16.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bounty4321's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
New Jersey
United States
Member #89062
March 29, 2010
111 Posts
Posted: April 3, 2010, 8:00 am - IP Logged

Simple question, if you have 5 sets on numbers on one ticket and play that ticket for 8 days and out of those 8 days 3 of those numbers win, do you get all 3 prizes? Another example would be your playing pick 5 and one day 3 of your numbers come up but then the next day all 5 do.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5766 Posts
    Posted: April 3, 2010, 8:20 am - IP Logged

Each day you have winning numbers on your ticket you would win that prize. I have had that with Cash 5 in Tx where I'll play the same numbers on one tic for a week and have a winner on 2 or 3 draws.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      23243 Posts
      Posted: April 3, 2010, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Yes. You win the prize paid for whatever matches you have each day, even on advanced plays. When you turn in an advance play ticket, every

win is calculated beginning with the first day of play you purchased it for.

Just keep track of what you won each day so it matches what they come up with.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: April 3, 2010, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

You can also cash it in whenever you want and they'll give you an exchange ticket for the rest of the draws remaining.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3501 Posts
          Posted: April 3, 2010, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

You don't play "tickets", you play "games". You can win only one prize per game, but you can play multiple games on one ticket.  I would assume your description of "5 sets of numbers on one ticket and play that ticket for 8 days" means that the "ticket" costs 40 times as much as it would cost to play 1 set of numbers for 1 day. In that case you've played 40 different games (5 games for each of the 8 days), in which case you can theoretically win all 40 games.

Some games include more than 1 set of numbers for a single game. For NY lotto you pick 2 sets of 6 numbers for each $1 game. Suppose you played 1,2,3,4,5,6 for the first line and 4,5,6,7,8,9 for the second line. If the winning numbers were 1,5,6,7,8,9 you'd have matched 3 numbers with the first line and 5 numbers with the second line. Since it's only one game and you can only win one prize per game you'd win the prize for matching 5 numbers, but not 3.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #74096
            May 2, 2009
            23243 Posts
            Posted: April 3, 2010, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

Well, I guess there's some lesson there...but I think you misunderstood.

I understood what the OP meant. Easy.

I've done it many times.

Play 5 tickets/games/lines/sets of numbers/selections/favorites/birthday numbers/shoe size, pant size, shirt size, hat size...doesn't matter

what you call it....they are tickets you buy for a game.

OH whatever...the OP meant s/he is playing 5 lines for 8 days.

If you win Tuesday with 2 numbers....Wednesday with 4 numbers....don't win Thursday and continue on through the remainder of your advance

play and win each of those days with 2 numbers...THEY PAY THEM ALL.

You certainly don't win 3 & 5 numbers on ONE LINE.

But with 5 lines you can have a 5 number winner and a 3 number winner on the same draw because you have 5 lines for each draw.

Your wins are just on different lines...and can be on different days/draws.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              CA
              United States
              Member #57222
              December 23, 2007
              587 Posts
              Posted: April 4, 2010, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Simple question, if you have 5 sets on numbers on one ticket and play that ticket for 8 days and out of those 8 days 3 of those numbers win, do you get all 3 prizes? Another example would be your playing pick 5 and one day 3 of your numbers come up but then the next day all 5 do.

If I understand your post then yes you can win on the same ticket.  I have  an advance play ticket that I didnt redeem until three days later during which time it won a 3 of 5  one one day and a replay on a different day, same advanced play ticket.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                42185 Posts
                Posted: April 12, 2010, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

It might be wise to fill out extra bet slips , so you don't go over the taxable limit.

HyperBe Happy.