Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Just saw a guy

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #89056
March 29, 2010
5 Posts
Posted: April 3, 2010, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

I just seen a guy buy a 20 dollar scratch off and lose, should i wait awhile till a few more sell or should i go right in there and buy the next exact one.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
    Chicago
    United States
    Member #70678
    February 8, 2009
    889 Posts
    Posted: April 3, 2010, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

I just seen a guy buy a 20 dollar scratch off and lose, should i wait awhile till a few more sell or should i go right in there and buy the next exact one.

OMG LOL better do something before the store? thinks your staking them out.

I couldn't tell you either way. I don't know how far or few between the winners are.

Either way your taking a chance of losing that $20.

Bounty4321's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #89062
      March 29, 2010
      111 Posts
      Posted: April 3, 2010, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

I lost on 4 $20 scratchers today, there you go lol its random

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #74096
        May 2, 2009
        22943 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2010, 12:54 am - IP Logged

This is the way these things work: you watch some guy shell out $20 and lose, then step up because you think the next ones' got to be the winner.

You put your money in with anticipation of winning something big and BAM! Nada. You lost $20. Little do you know, another guy was watching

you watch that guy and when you leave, he hopes you didn't buy his winner and he buys the next one..he scratches his...BAM! Nada again!

Wow...3 in a row giving: zip, zilch and nada.

What you all don't know is that the guy before the guy YOU were watching stepped up, bought one and hit $500, collected his money and left.

The moral of the story? You don't know who it will happen to, where it will happen, which ticket it will happen with.

If you feel like buying a ticket, pick one. If it's meant to happen to you, it will.

Instants are pretty much a right place right time sort of game. Just because the ticket before yours didn't win doesn't mean yours will either.

They print millions of those things - buying the next one after a loser might or might not win. You decide, it's your $20.

beaudad's avatar - animaniacs26
          Mid Atlantic States
          United States
          Member #60043
          April 3, 2008
          1422 Posts
          Posted: April 4, 2010, 1:20 am - IP Logged

This is the way these things work: you watch some guy shell out $20 and lose, then step up because you think the next ones' got to be the winner.

You put your money in with anticipation of winning something big and BAM! Nada. You lost $20. Little do you know, another guy was watching

you watch that guy and when you leave, he hopes you didn't buy his winner and he buys the next one..he scratches his...BAM! Nada again!

Wow...3 in a row giving: zip, zilch and nada.

What you all don't know is that the guy before the guy YOU were watching stepped up, bought one and hit $500, collected his money and left.

The moral of the story? You don't know who it will happen to, where it will happen, which ticket it will happen with.

If you feel like buying a ticket, pick one. If it's meant to happen to you, it will.

Instants are pretty much a right place right time sort of game. Just because the ticket before yours didn't win doesn't mean yours will either.

They print millions of those things - buying the next one after a loser might or might not win. You decide, it's your $20.

I agree with you dr65......and Happy Easter !!!      beaudad

" I don't have a gambling problem,  I have a problem winning!"

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: April 4, 2010, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Agree dr65!!!! Couldn't of said it better!

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              22943 Posts
              Posted: April 6, 2010, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you dr65......and Happy Easter !!!      beaudad

Hello beaudad!!! I hope your basket was filled with lots of goodies!....I don't mean those nasty marshmallow peeps either Big Smile I remember having

one of those years back and remembering how hard the *eyes* were...if you can call them eyes. They're in the proper place I guess but they had

the texture of tiny pebbles - choking hazard - tiny but still, swallow it wrong and wind up gagging. That, coupled with the amount of sugar in them

and ON them...they are an edible nightmare. Confused

Yes and speaking of those tickets...can't say I haven't *choked* on more than a few of them either. There were some good ones but many times

they just turned out to be duds. No Nod

Here's wishing that you all step up at the right time and at the right place to a big winner -

Cheers

Good luck!!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: April 8, 2010, 2:49 am - IP Logged

Hello beaudad!!! I hope your basket was filled with lots of goodies!....I don't mean those nasty marshmallow peeps either Big Smile I remember having

one of those years back and remembering how hard the *eyes* were...if you can call them eyes. They're in the proper place I guess but they had

the texture of tiny pebbles - choking hazard - tiny but still, swallow it wrong and wind up gagging. That, coupled with the amount of sugar in them

and ON them...they are an edible nightmare. Confused

Yes and speaking of those tickets...can't say I haven't *choked* on more than a few of them either. There were some good ones but many times

they just turned out to be duds. No Nod

Here's wishing that you all step up at the right time and at the right place to a big winner -

Cheers

Good luck!!

dr, I think we may be soulmates. I hate peeps too. GACK! Puke

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke