Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$150 on MM QP's a month?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 7 years ago by TheOtherOne.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bounty4321's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
New Jersey
United States
Member #89062
March 29, 2010
111 Posts
Posted: April 6, 2010, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

All on one drawing of course. What do you guys think? lol

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: April 7, 2010, 12:10 am - IP Logged

If it were my money, I would split that $150 on multiple drawings. I can't see myself spending that much money on one drawing, but it's not my money so you do what you want to do. Smile

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
      Member #88435
      March 16, 2010
      397 Posts
      Posted: April 7, 2010, 12:13 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

But you do what you gotta do.

$1,000,000

New Jersey
        United States
        Member #89062
        March 29, 2010
        111 Posts
        Posted: April 7, 2010, 1:34 am - IP Logged

See thats the thing i dont know what i want to do! haha, idk part of me wants to be greedy and go for the gold but another part says play it safe and just do 150 QP's box and Straight on pick 4 for $150.

CA
          United States
          Member #84266
          December 26, 2009
          410 Posts
          Posted: April 7, 2010, 5:13 am - IP Logged

You'll just end up mad and disappointed when none of the tickets hit.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: April 8, 2010, 1:42 am - IP Logged

If you can afford to do it and you want to do it then do it!

Scared money never wins!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: April 8, 2010, 1:56 am - IP Logged

It's your money, why would care what other thought?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3475 Posts
                Posted: April 8, 2010, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

If it were my money, I would split that $150 on multiple drawings. I can't see myself spending that much money on one drawing, but it's not my money so you do what you want to do. Smile

I'm sure it feels worse to lose that much all at once instead of spread out over several drawings, but in many ways putting it all on one drawing  makes a lot more sense.

On the cycle before this one there were 10 drawings before producing a winner, so imagine playing $15 per drawing to spend (or lose)  the $150. The average jackpot for those 10 drawings was 94.8 milion (annuity value). The last drawing was for 212 million. Would you rather bet $150 on winning 95 million or 212 million? There's also a slightly better chance of winning the jackpot when you make the entire bet in one drawing. That's balanced by the impossibility of winning multiple jackpots in a single drawing, but the chances of winning it are small enough to begin with that I don't think that's much of an argument.

New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #89062
                  March 29, 2010
                  111 Posts
                  Posted: April 8, 2010, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure it feels worse to lose that much all at once instead of spread out over several drawings, but in many ways putting it all on one drawing  makes a lot more sense.

On the cycle before this one there were 10 drawings before producing a winner, so imagine playing $15 per drawing to spend (or lose)  the $150. The average jackpot for those 10 drawings was 94.8 milion (annuity value). The last drawing was for 212 million. Would you rather bet $150 on winning 95 million or 212 million? There's also a slightly better chance of winning the jackpot when you make the entire bet in one drawing. That's balanced by the impossibility of winning multiple jackpots in a single drawing, but the chances of winning it are small enough to begin with that I don't think that's much of an argument.

Well my whole reason for considering this is because the way i see it, the reason why its alot rarer to hit anything above pick 5 is not only due to the insane odds against you but also the fact that they only do what, 2 drawings a week? If i play pick 4 for a week i play for 7 days, i play pick 6, MM or PP for a week i got 2 shots at already <snip> near im possible odds.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Norfolk,VA
                    United States
                    Member #83225
                    December 2, 2009
                    757 Posts
                    Posted: April 8, 2010, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

If you can afford to do it and you want to do it then do it!

Scared money never wins!

''Scared money never wins!''

I Agree!

''YOU CAN PAY FOR SCHOOL BUT, YOU CAN'T BUY CLASS''Thumbs Up

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
                      Nashville, TN
                      United States
                      Member #86739
                      February 9, 2010
                      483 Posts
                      Posted: April 21, 2010, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

Well my whole reason for considering this is because the way i see it, the reason why its alot rarer to hit anything above pick 5 is not only due to the insane odds against you but also the fact that they only do what, 2 drawings a week? If i play pick 4 for a week i play for 7 days, i play pick 6, MM or PP for a week i got 2 shots at already <snip> near im possible odds.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Yes but if you stick to pick4, what is the most you will hit, $5000? Maybe $10,000?

Seems like maybe go the middle ground with pick 5 because I know what you mean about the odds with MM and PB.

If you can afford to do it monthly, maybe switch it up each month: play PB and MM when the jackpots are high and vice versa.