Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

STATistic Gatherer

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jordi marey.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
jordi marey's avatar - Lottery-039.jpg

United States
Member #17354
June 17, 2005
102 Posts
Posted: April 9, 2010, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

What is the Longest Period of No Win for a Pick 3, Single Digit, in Position of Win.....

What is the Longest Period of No Win for a Pick 3 Pair in its Position of Win....

United States
    Member #17354
    June 17, 2005
    102 Posts
    Posted: April 10, 2010, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

Need a little help here... would love to to know some the longest periods of No wins for  Pick 3 digit in lotteries in your state. 

Thank you,

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7322 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2010, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Hello,

Need a little help here... would love to to know some the longest periods of No wins for  Pick 3 digit in lotteries in your state. 

Thank you,

023 went over 10,000 drawings between hits in Ohio.

United States
        Member #17354
        June 17, 2005
        102 Posts
        Posted: April 11, 2010, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Thank you.

kinda suspect a daily pick 3 single will win in less than 140 drawings.

but for two digits... or a pair?  Clueless....

Thanks for your reply.

United States
          Member #17354
          June 17, 2005
          102 Posts
          Posted: April 11, 2010, 11:52 am - IP Logged

looking back on this 11 Apr '2010: 

On Jan. 2, '08  Florida Pick 3 eveing Results,  the front pair..  2 0--1  drawn after a lengthy 1,129  no- win evenings.  Longest known FL 'No-play' for front or back pair ; would like to think this is nearing the Finite period before a pair would have to be drawn.

still checking for longer periods.

benmas's avatar - waveform
            Rhode Island
            United States
            Member #56010
            October 28, 2007
            434 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2010, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

looking back on this 11 Apr '2010: 

On Jan. 2, '08  Florida Pick 3 eveing Results,  the front pair..  2 0--1  drawn after a lengthy 1,129  no- win evenings.  Longest known FL 'No-play' for front or back pair ; would like to think this is nearing the Finite period before a pair would have to be drawn.

still checking for longer periods.

what that means is two numbers at the same time appearing: 10% and 10% is 0.01 or 1%. Therefore if you were to look at say 1 million drawings you will see that the average of hits will be one in a hundred just as expected by the respective probability. However in between you will possibly see a long skip like 1129 which is 11 times the average. But, the opposite can happen too. In say 100 drawings you can have the result show up 4 times which means it is ahead of the average.

The point is the average will converge to what the odds are for a particular event over very long periods. During short periods you can either be ahead or behind the average. But this doesnt help you know anything. If a game is random there is no way for you to tell what will happen at anytime. Your attempt at using long skips as a tool of thinking that the number is due to come up soon is flawed by probability. that combo 2-0 could have gone another 500 draws without coming out. there is no way for you to make a net profit from this because remember odds and payouts go together they are set by the lottery to give them an edge.

United States
              Member #17354
              June 17, 2005
              102 Posts
              Posted: April 16, 2010, 7:55 am - IP Logged

Benmas;

Thank you.

But...  In the Florida nightly pick 3, I do not know of any digit in a specific position that has Exceeded a No Win period of more than +/- 140 draws...so, I'm thinking that would be heading towards a ceiling for a single digit in a specific daily lottery. with the little I understand about the rule of Big Numbers, don't think a single digit will in a closed lottery exceed such a long period without being drawn. 

So..., what would be a comparative ceiling for a pair of digits...by  position.... 2k, 3k, or maybe 4,000 draws without a win.

benmas's avatar - waveform
                Rhode Island
                United States
                Member #56010
                October 28, 2007
                434 Posts
                Posted: April 16, 2010, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

i dont recall all the probabiltiy formulas or functions right now but for a 1 in 100 i will estimate the upper to be around 630 draws.. but the point is to make a profit $ on the payouts. you can guess the first two numbers but there still the third one if you want to hit it straight. so for the worst case when you combine the 630 upper limit for the pair with another 1 in 10 possibilities for the third number you need over 6300 tries to really be that close but you only win $500. a real life example: 012 PA Nite straight was not drawn from 4/23/93 until it hit on 2/10/2010..that is 6137 drawings...as you can see there is no sure way or guarantees with this...yes it will come out eventually but do you make a PROFIT when it does?? thats the key question...personally i will not go that route...numbers that have been out a while have a tendency to stay out and is better not to mess with them..go with the opposite.. pick the hot pairs that are coming out more often...but the reality is that we call them hot or cold based on the history we check after we see the drawing...any one of them is just as likely to hit on the next draw..there is nothing that prevents that...my advice is to play with less money, play for fun and dont get addicted...best things in life are free

United States
                  Member #17354
                  June 17, 2005
                  102 Posts
                  Posted: April 17, 2010, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

"......my advice is to play with less money, play for fun and dont get addicted...best things in life are free"

I agree; my addiction is not betting $$$ but ceaselessly looking for that edge in order to bet $$$;

tks for ur response.