Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 2:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

anybody quickpicks for cash 3/cash 4

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
CRAZY AL's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
Atlanta, GA
United States
Member #87931
March 6, 2010
1263 Posts
Posted: April 10, 2010, 5:34 am - IP Logged

i was just wondering how quickpicks are issued? do they consider hot and cold numbers or its just random. any thoughts.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: April 10, 2010, 10:30 am - IP Logged

It's supposed to be just totally random numbers from the computer, CRAZY AL.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: April 10, 2010, 10:32 am - IP Logged

It's supposed to be just totally random numbers from the computer, CRAZY AL.

I should have mentioned that there are some who will dispute that claim.

--Edmund Burke

CRAZY AL's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
        Atlanta, GA
        United States
        Member #87931
        March 6, 2010
        1263 Posts
        Posted: April 10, 2010, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

thx rdgrnr

u see sometimes i do get quickpicks and numbers drawn are very close to those in quick picks... is it coincidence?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: April 10, 2010, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

thx rdgrnr

u see sometimes i do get quickpicks and numbers drawn are very close to those in quick picks... is it coincidence?

Everybody gets the close ones AL, whether they're QP's or their own picks.

Unfortunately close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

But that's the way it's set up - it's designed so you don't win.

Miracles do happen though.

--Edmund Burke

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
            Kansas
            United States
            Member #83963
            December 19, 2009
            347 Posts
            Posted: April 10, 2010, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

I rarely win anything on QP's. I am lucky if I win $1 on a $10 QP. I can win small amounts often, when I pick my own. I know it's *supposed* to be random...but I often see on my ticket, for example:

8 17 20 29 30-26  

8 18 21 30 39-27  and so on all the way down my ticket

repeats, sequential...definitely not completely random looking. Confused

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: April 10, 2010, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

I rarely win anything on QP's. I am lucky if I win $1 on a $10 QP. I can win small amounts often, when I pick my own. I know it's *supposed* to be random...but I often see on my ticket, for example:

8 17 20 29 30-26  

8 18 21 30 39-27  and so on all the way down my ticket

repeats, sequential...definitely not completely random looking. Confused

Those big brown eyes will charm out a win eventually Lady. Just a matter of time.

--Edmund Burke

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                Harbinger
                D.C./MD.
                United States
                Member #44103
                July 30, 2006
                5583 Posts
                Posted: April 10, 2010, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

QPs are the opiate of the masses!  The QPs are kinda like voting for the 'hip' candidate.   Society is so rushed and hurried they don't have time to make informed decisions so they go for the QP. The lottery marketers know this,   Obama is like a quick pick........ a 'losing ticket',  just like most QPs.   Since most tickets sold are QPs they are the biggest losers and the greatest profit for the 'State'.   If people were forced to think about the numbers they were going to play and there was no QP option................??????????????????????????

The jackpots certainly wouldn't have as many participants initially but once they gain momentum more and more people would want to 'learn'  about the odds,  the strategies,  the financial implications, the whole game and be well informed as opposed to 'hoping' and 'changing' for something free.

I guarantee you,  80% of the people that contribute to the jackpots have nary an idea of the tax implications of a big win much less keep track of the tickets,  millions are unpaid every year for non claiming.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  40572 Posts
                  Posted: April 12, 2010, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

QPs are the opiate of the masses!  The QPs are kinda like voting for the 'hip' candidate.   Society is so rushed and hurried they don't have time to make informed decisions so they go for the QP. The lottery marketers know this,   Obama is like a quick pick........ a 'losing ticket',  just like most QPs.   Since most tickets sold are QPs they are the biggest losers and the greatest profit for the 'State'.   If people were forced to think about the numbers they were going to play and there was no QP option................??????????????????????????

The jackpots certainly wouldn't have as many participants initially but once they gain momentum more and more people would want to 'learn'  about the odds,  the strategies,  the financial implications, the whole game and be well informed as opposed to 'hoping' and 'changing' for something free.

I guarantee you,  80% of the people that contribute to the jackpots have nary an idea of the tax implications of a big win much less keep track of the tickets,  millions are unpaid every year for non claiming.

Well said.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                    Member #68002
                    December 10, 2008
                    477 Posts
                    Posted: April 15, 2010, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Quick-Picks are for players who don't have the time too strategically select there numbers or don't know how I've never won a dime from a quick-pick but I have won from selecting my own numbers.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1649 Posts
                      Posted: April 15, 2010, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Quick-Picks are for players who don't have the time too strategically select there numbers or don't know how I've never won a dime from a quick-pick but I have won from selecting my own numbers.

Uh huh.Yes Nod

L.L.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1649 Posts
                        Posted: April 15, 2010, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

The lottery marketers know this,   Obama is like a quick pick........ a 'losing ticket',  just like most QPs. 

It's amazing how an attempt is made to compare two totally different issues. EVERYBODY had an equal shot at the jackpot and noone was forced to even play. If a person didn't like the odds, or  the selections for that matter, it was just as well NOT to play. Simple.

Just like a jackpot, lots of people played, anyway, hoping to get the winners. The "draw method" has been the same since its' inception. Tell me, do you also think that the person who wins that far and few between jackpot on a Quick Pick chose a losing ticket??

If you win the MM some day on a QP, tell me, will you say to the press, "It was a losing ticket?" and just give it away simply because YOU didn't choose it? Just not the right number, huh?

People had plenty of time to prepare for that jackpot. If or when your numbers don't hit, just keep trying and be glad for for those people that did "match". When yours do hit, still be glad and continue to play. 

The odds were against this man just like the odds are against you with the lottery...no difference. Yet, you STILL play the lottery and chances are you STILL VOTED. Based on your point of view, the odds were in your favor. 

Cut yourself some slack and don't be angry with the "system" that won but, rather the "system" that didn't "play enough numbers"...NUMBERS NEVER LIE. Remember that from now on. 

L.L.