Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My dad and the TX lotto

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 7 years ago by grave.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Euless, TX
United States
Member #89696
April 13, 2010
1 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2010, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

My dad plays the TX lotto once a year on his birthday and gets around 200 QP's from those touch screen machines. He will usually get multiple 3 and 4 of the picked numbers. Last year he even got a 5 of 6 QP. I have never really played the Lotto except for a few times. I was curious to see what everyone here thought on the idea of spending a huge amount (after all financial oblogations have been met) on a relatively small jackpot (after a huge one has just been won) for a drawing people are less inclined to get a ticket (ex. wednesday instead of the weekend).

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
    Constitutional Money Is Real Money
    Brick City
    United States
    Member #1216
    March 3, 2003
    1782 Posts
    Posted: April 16, 2010, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Your dad is just gambling responsibly. Think about it, he is playing with less than $1 a day if he just plays $200 on his birthday. I know a few other folks who do this type of gambling, the day after their birthday they will put $1 in a jar every day for 1 year and then blow it all in Las Vegas or Atlantic City on their next birthday. This is a very good way to control your gambling spending.

Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.
    Oprah Winfrey

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    (attributed to) Albert Einstein

I have failed many times, and that's why I am a success.
    Michael Jordan

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals
    himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Albert Einstein

Norfolk,VA
      United States
      Member #83225
      December 2, 2009
      757 Posts
      Posted: April 16, 2010, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

yeah there's not nuthin wrong with spending 200$ once a year for the lotto.......now if your spending 200$ a day like some people i know then thats sorta crazy if your budget doesnt allow it......

''YOU CAN PAY FOR SCHOOL BUT, YOU CAN'T BUY CLASS''Thumbs Up