Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Free Lottery Play-One Day Promotion (CA Lottery)

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by luckdy.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Santa Ana
United States
Member #71159
February 20, 2009
651 Posts
Posted: April 15, 2010, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

My co-worker and I are avid players of the CA lottery and we were discussing a way the CA Lottery could generate new players into the system by offering a one day free play on any lottery game. The free coupon could be printed from the website or in the newspaper, with of course very strict restrictions in place, i.e. age limits/redeeming at certain set hours, etc. Imagine the publicity it could generate if one person won a jackpot from this free promotion. Wink

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: April 15, 2010, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Idaho has free promotions sometimes. If you are a part of their VIP club, they send you an email with a coupon for free scratch off tickets. And for the past couple of years, I've also gotten a coupon for a free scratch off ticket for my birthday. And last Christmas, I got two coupons to try two different scratch off tickets. I won a couple of dollars on one of them. I think it pretty cool that they give out freebies sometimes. But I believe you have to be a member of the club to get these free offers.

I also posted what the club card looked liked in this thread a while ago.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
      Chicago
      United States
      Member #70678
      February 8, 2009
      889 Posts
      Posted: April 16, 2010, 1:20 am - IP Logged

I remember when the lottery first came to CA some of the stores were giving away free scratchers I'm thinking if you spent so much money. LOL  and I remember at the grocery stores if you wanted to buy scatchers the checkers had them in their drawers and they would show you which tickets they had and you could choose from them.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49835 Posts
        Posted: April 16, 2010, 3:47 am - IP Logged

My co-worker and I are avid players of the CA lottery and we were discussing a way the CA Lottery could generate new players into the system by offering a one day free play on any lottery game. The free coupon could be printed from the website or in the newspaper, with of course very strict restrictions in place, i.e. age limits/redeeming at certain set hours, etc. Imagine the publicity it could generate if one person won a jackpot from this free promotion. Wink

It's only a dream folks: Any resemblance to an actual promotion is purely coincidentil!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
          Member #87678
          February 28, 2010
          5 Posts
          Posted: April 22, 2010, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

I seem to recall that CA Lottery has had promotions in the past where they would give a an extra SLP quick pick, if you bought 5 SLP picks.  but if you bought any more than 5 you still only got one extra one.  They may have also done that when they started marketing the "California Combo" (5 Mega Million and 5 Super Lotto Plus quick picks)

United States
            Member #87678
            February 28, 2010
            5 Posts
            Posted: April 22, 2010, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

correction to previous post

I goggled "ca lottery free quck pick promotion" and found out that there was a promotion from  March 12th to April 8 2006.  If you purchased a "California Combo" (5 MM and 5  SLP Quck Picks), you got 2 extra SLP quick picks.  You couldn't get the extra picks if you pick your own numbers though.