Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Funny thing happened on the way to winning the lottery

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 7 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
CA
United States
Member #57222
December 23, 2007
587 Posts
Posted: April 17, 2010, 9:22 am - IP Logged

Hi family,  Just a little story to start your day off with a chuckle.

Last night on my way home from work, I stopped by my retailer for a soda and  some envelops.  At the register, I paid the clerk (my regular) with a five dollar bill and began looking in my purse for the change.

"No I don't have any change" I said.  and stopped looking.

It was after about a minute when I realized my favorite clerk hadn't made a move towards finishing up my transaction.
"No, I really don't have the change" I said to him.
"I know but I'm waiting for your lottery slips." he replied seriously.

I had to actually tell him that I didn't have to replenish til today.  It was all I could do not to laugh out loud.
Go figure.

I remember we had a post that said "you know you've being playing the lottery too long when....."  well I guess thats more proof for me.

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #85037
    January 7, 2010
    252 Posts
    Posted: April 17, 2010, 9:32 am - IP Logged

haha yeah i know the feeling...I go in my regular store and tell the sweet lady that rings me up..."the usual" and she knows exactly what to do.  You have to wonder if these people go home and laugh about us LOL

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: April 17, 2010, 10:56 am - IP Logged

haha yeah i know the feeling...I go in my regular store and tell the sweet lady that rings me up..."the usual" and she knows exactly what to do.  You have to wonder if these people go home and laugh about us LOL

Haha! They Probabaly do!!!  Same with me!! Yes Nod

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: April 18, 2010, 11:51 am - IP Logged

here in aust, well here in adelaide. the lottery terminals have their own cash draw. and stores dont mix the money up.you buy stuff from their shop the use thir till and hand out change, and if you want lotto tickets they get the vchange out of that and put your lotto money in that. they also blance the till seperatley.

weirsd how things are done differetly around the world/

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
          Chicago
          United States
          Member #70678
          February 8, 2009
          889 Posts
          Posted: April 18, 2010, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

here in aust, well here in adelaide. the lottery terminals have their own cash draw. and stores dont mix the money up.you buy stuff from their shop the use thir till and hand out change, and if you want lotto tickets they get the vchange out of that and put your lotto money in that. they also blance the till seperatley.

weirsd how things are done differetly around the world/

The gas station I buy tickets at keeps the money separate but I almost think if I buy tickets at 7-11 the money goes in the same register as purchases.