Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto Texas

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 7 years ago by cope.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
DFW, Texas
United States
Member #78628
August 18, 2009
134 Posts
Posted: April 23, 2010, 4:02 am - IP Logged

The current jackpot is 82 million.  The previous jackpot cycle ended when it was won at 76 million.  My admittedly hasty and unverified count is that the previous jackpot was the result of 47 rolls and was won on the 48th draw.  The current jackpot is a result of 52 rolls.  These are the two longest "dry spells" in the game's history.

Also, it's the second-higest jackpot with a straight-six matrix (it reached 145 as a 5+1 game) and it's the highest it's been without a bonus ball since Mega Millions became available here.  Before then, the jackpot moved up quickly; it went from 4 to 85 in just 10 rolls.  Basically, the jackpot is the highest it's been without the help of a bonus ball or lack of competition.

The cash value is twice the odds.  Cash value stands at 51.4 million and the odds are 1:25,827,165.

It's time to break the longest jackpot cycle and win the highest jackpot during the current game configuration/mix.  All Texas players should join me in this effort.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5591 Posts
    Posted: April 23, 2010, 9:07 am - IP Logged

"All Texas players should join me in this effort".

LOL. You can be assured that there are a lot of people playing that don't normally play.

What really hits home for me is that despite much lower odds than MM or PB, this game is still a bugger to win.

I have a pool at work with 11 people in it. I usually play all the numbers in the matrix in 9 lines, then play a couple QP's or play some numbers twice. Since January we have played $336 and won 3 of 6 three times for $9.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #33719
      February 24, 2006
      705 Posts
      Posted: April 23, 2010, 10:32 am - IP Logged

For me, Lotto Texas is a DUD.

I've had better luck with MM and PB even with the extreme odds.

Best Of Luck!

LottoL

DFW, Texas
        United States
        Member #78628
        August 18, 2009
        134 Posts
        Posted: April 23, 2010, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

I am one of those who will be playing but doesn't usually.  I've also noticed that this game doesn't like winners, in spite of technically better odds.  I've also won more win Mega Millions.  I've even won more with Powerball back when I occasionally got tickets in Oklahoma.  But still, the cash value is twice the odds.

I've never believed in overdoing it, so I'll be spending just two dollars for one line of my numbers and one quick pick.  Just enough to throw my hat in the ring.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5591 Posts
          Posted: April 25, 2010, 9:18 am - IP Logged

I am one of those who will be playing but doesn't usually.  I've also noticed that this game doesn't like winners, in spite of technically better odds.  I've also won more win Mega Millions.  I've even won more with Powerball back when I occasionally got tickets in Oklahoma.  But still, the cash value is twice the odds.

I've never believed in overdoing it, so I'll be spending just two dollars for one line of my numbers and one quick pick.  Just enough to throw my hat in the ring.

I think that's playing smart. On MM and PB I usually play one dollar each and with Lotto being this high I play a dollar on my numbers and a dollar on a QP.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

kaseydia's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg

United States
            Member #57795
            January 19, 2008
            188 Posts
            Posted: April 28, 2010, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

For me, Lotto Texas is a DUD.

I've had better luck with MM and PB even with the extreme odds.

Best Of Luck!

LottoL

Well said!!!!! Texas Lotto is a DUD! Most of the time there are only 5 winners a year! It takes but rarely gives!! I spend only $2.00/game too. No Pity!
            GOOD LUCK TO ALL THATS BRAVE ENOUGH TO PLAY.

NASHVILLE, TENN
              United States
              Member #33372
              February 20, 2006
              1044 Posts
              Posted: April 28, 2010, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Judging from the threads here I figured Texas Lotto must be a RNG game.  I see that it is a ball drop game.  While I expect a RNG game to roll-over as many times as the lotto officials wish, I would not expect this in a ball drop game.  This must indeed be a monster to win.

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                Dallas, TX
                United States
                Member #60284
                April 12, 2008
                3856 Posts
                Posted: April 29, 2010, 12:03 am - IP Logged

I'm working on it. Of course I only play $1 since 2nd prize is not that great.

DFW, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #78628
                  August 18, 2009
                  134 Posts
                  Posted: April 29, 2010, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

Judging from the threads here I figured Texas Lotto must be a RNG game.  I see that it is a ball drop game.  While I expect a RNG game to roll-over as many times as the lotto officials wish, I would not expect this in a ball drop game.  This must indeed be a monster to win.

All Texas games use mechanical ball machines.  Lotto Texas uses solid balls that drop and the other games use hollow balls that rise to the top of the machine.

The jackpot rolled again, for the 54th time, extending the record run.  Cash value is more than twice the odds.  The odds are 1:25,827,165.  I checked the latest "estimated jackpot calculation document" and it shows that the sales per draw have been in the range of 3 to 3.4 million, usually higher for the Saturday draws.  Given those numbers and the odds, it isn't difficult to see why no one wins.

There is the perception that it's hard to win, and my experience suggests that, also.  Overall odds are 1:71, twice as hard as Powerball and almost twice Mega Millions.  The jackpot cash value is stated to be 40.47% of the ticket sales, which I believe is higher than the big multi-state games.  If that rate is high, it would mean that the game favors the infrequent jackpot winner at the cost of fewer low-level winners and possibly lower payouts at lower levels.

I'm in for $2 per draw until someone (hopefully me) wins.

Texas
                    United States
                    Member #33719
                    February 24, 2006
                    705 Posts
                    Posted: April 29, 2010, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

I haven't followed the game in quite a while.

Did the last matrix change occur on 7/19/2000?  If I'm not mistaken, it went to 54 balls at this point in time.

Can anyone verify when the last matrix change was?

Thanks,

LottoL

DFW, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #78628
                      August 18, 2009
                      134 Posts
                      Posted: April 29, 2010, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

I haven't followed the game in quite a while.

Did the last matrix change occur on 7/19/2000?  If I'm not mistaken, it went to 54 balls at this point in time.

Can anyone verify when the last matrix change was?

Thanks,

LottoL

On the lottery history page in the section for 2000 there are two relevant entries:

March 14

Texas Lottery Commissioners vote unanimously to authorize the publication ofproposed amendments that could bring changes to the Lotto Texas game by early summer. The amendments increase the payout from 50 percent to 55 percent and expand the Lotto's field of numbers from 50 to 54.

and

July 19

For the first time in nearly eight years, the Texas Lottery changes its Lotto Texas game. Four numbers are added to the field from which players canchoose their numbers. Among the other changes is a hike in the payout to 55 percent of thejackpot.

The date you recall is correct.  However, the last matrix change was on April 26, 2006 when it went back to 6/54 after having a bonus ball for a few years.

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #33719
                        February 24, 2006
                        705 Posts
                        Posted: April 29, 2010, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for the info.  Much appreciated!

LottoL

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                          Dallas, TX
                          United States
                          Member #60284
                          April 12, 2008
                          3856 Posts
                          Posted: April 29, 2010, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps we should combine our powers to kill TX Lotto.

cope's avatar - usconstitution
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #86370
                            February 3, 2010
                            200 Posts
                            Posted: May 3, 2010, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

A couple of weeks ago, I told my 8 year old to pick 6 numbers between 1 and 54.

He did, and he hit 4 of 6.

We are doing that again for the next draw.

If you see a winner from Central Texas, it was me.

BE JOYFUL ALWAYS, PRAY CONTINUALLY, AND GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES.