Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does chances of winning lotto?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 7 years ago by victorl3ichiban.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
san jose
United States
Member #53761
July 20, 2007
277 Posts
Posted: April 29, 2010, 4:22 am - IP Logged

are affected by cities? such as geographical area where it would win? I always wonder why certain city always win the most.

CA
    United States
    Member #84266
    December 26, 2009
    410 Posts
    Posted: April 29, 2010, 5:11 am - IP Logged

No. Some cities just have more people playing than others. Imagine each city as a person. Mr. Los Angeles bought 34 million tickets and Mrs. Montgomery only bought 1 million. Mr. Los Angeles obviously has more chances to win.

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
      Dallas, TX
      United States
      Member #60284
      April 12, 2008
      3856 Posts
      Posted: April 29, 2010, 6:00 am - IP Logged

The lottery is all about odds and luck. One state will sell more due to high population or interest in the lottery, while the other may be the opposite. Still, it does not mean that the state selling more ticket will have a winner, luck can still be on the side of the lesser populated state. However, based on the statistics, the states selling more ticket for the draw will most likely will have a winner from it.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        CA
        United States
        Member #57222
        December 23, 2007
        587 Posts
        Posted: April 29, 2010, 9:30 am - IP Logged

are affected by cities? such as geographical area where it would win? I always wonder why certain city always win the most.

Victor,

You are in one of the greatest winning Northern California cities.  If you go to the California Website,  pull up the lucky retailers under Santa Clara County where you are.  You will be amazed at how many historical winners there have been.

san jose
          United States
          Member #53761
          July 20, 2007
          277 Posts
          Posted: April 29, 2010, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

I wish I am one of them. Been playing for more than 10 years now and have not even won over $100.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            Santa Ana
            United States
            Member #71159
            February 20, 2009
            651 Posts
            Posted: April 30, 2010, 12:45 am - IP Logged

Victor,

You are in one of the greatest winning Northern California cities.  If you go to the California Website,  pull up the lucky retailers under Santa Clara County where you are.  You will be amazed at how many historical winners there have been.

I agree with you 110%--it seems lately a lot of the BIG winners are coming from Northern CA; bearly any BIG winners in OCUnhappy which is frustrating--however my day is coming very soonWink

san jose
              United States
              Member #53761
              July 20, 2007
              277 Posts
              Posted: April 30, 2010, 2:20 am - IP Logged

My big days are coming within this year! If I do win I will quit this board and donate some money to yall.