Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Hope LP Friends in TN/Ky are Doing Well

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Littleoldlady.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
Clarksville
United States
Member #487
July 15, 2002
17638 Posts
Posted: May 2, 2010, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

I do hope and pray that all of our Lottery Post friends in TN and Ky are doing well in the face of these major storms and tornadoes that have affected all of us this whole week-end.  Nothing seen like this in over thirty years.!! Flooding galore!!

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10392 Posts
    Posted: May 2, 2010, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

Littleoldlady,

I'm about 70 miles slightly northwest of Paducah. The region they are now callnig the "new tornado alley" is really turning into a weather hell.

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: May 2, 2010, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

I hope everyone stays safe! Group Hug

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Blackdave's avatar - David 202015%202.jpg
        Morgan, TN
        United States
        Member #83248
        December 2, 2009
        1097 Posts
        Posted: May 2, 2010, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

i live i wartburg we had a tornado hit us back in 2003 and it killed around 17 people and injuried a lot i jus hope we dont have anything like that again its very frightening

$$$ You Gotta Lose Some To Win Some! $$$

Clarksville
          United States
          Member #487
          July 15, 2002
          17638 Posts
          Posted: May 2, 2010, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

Several areas in TN have had 15 inches or more of rain in 36 hours and it is still raining!  Nashville is underwater in several areas.  They have really been hit hard.  Sumner County is under water.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
            North Dakota
            United States
            Member #13397
            April 5, 2005
            1623 Posts
            Posted: May 2, 2010, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Very tough last couple of weeks weather wise in the Southeast US.  Spent all day yesterday in Arkansas chasing storms. (For anyone that didn't know I am less than a week away from my degree in Meteorology).  Last week I witnessed the 2nd longest tornado track in recorded US history near Yazoo City, MS.  With that said, this upcoming hurricane season looks to be very active.  I should be busy for the next few months.  My prayers are with those affected by the recent severe weather.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Clarksville
              United States
              Member #487
              July 15, 2002
              17638 Posts
              Posted: May 5, 2010, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Storm Chaser??  You have my utmost admiration next to the police...that is a job I could never have.  It is scary enough watching the tornadoes on the TV without being where they are for REAL.

Congratulations on the degree.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                North Dakota
                United States
                Member #13397
                April 5, 2005
                1623 Posts
                Posted: May 6, 2010, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Thanks Littleoldlady!!!  It's not scary at all... as long as you're educated and you have current data.  And when I say educated I mean a strong background in Atmospheric Physics.  It is only dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  Santa Ana
                  United States
                  Member #71159
                  February 20, 2009
                  651 Posts
                  Posted: May 7, 2010, 12:16 am - IP Logged

I do hope and pray that all of our Lottery Post friends in TN and Ky are doing well in the face of these major storms and tornadoes that have affected all of us this whole week-end.  Nothing seen like this in over thirty years.!! Flooding galore!!

I hope so too.

NASHVILLE, TENN
                    United States
                    Member #33372
                    February 20, 2006
                    1044 Posts
                    Posted: May 7, 2010, 12:57 am - IP Logged

The flood waters are receding.  Most roads are open; only a few still closed.

The saddest sight we used to see around here was a Yankee driving south pulling a U-Haul.  Not any more.  The saddest sight is a home devestated  by flood waters.  All that furniture piled up in the front yard along with bookcases, mattresses, chairs, tables, and so on is almost too much to absorb.  People worked hard to aquire those things.  There is a lot of time and effort behind each article.  I am sure some items carried sentimental value.   And today that stuff just sits, waiting for the dump truck to collect it and haul it off to the landfill.  So sad.

Clarksville
                      United States
                      Member #487
                      July 15, 2002
                      17638 Posts
                      Posted: May 10, 2010, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Without the contents counted the flood damage estimate is 1.53 billion or something like that.  Some schools are out for the rest of the year.  There is TONS of clean up to be done everywhere.  What I am seeing though are many, many volunteers helping out where ever they are needed.  This "new attitude " is certainly different from the attitude behind hurricane Katrina and New Orleans.