Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Traveling to Play Lottery

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Dollar419.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
dopey7719's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
Midlands, SC
United States
Member #69698
January 14, 2009
303 Posts
Posted: May 7, 2010, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

Since I am having no luck in SC on any of the drawings....I was thinking over driving 2 hours to the Georgia border to put in numbers for the next couple of weeks.  You know for Cash 5, Pick 3&4, MegaMillions & Powerball.

Has anyone here ever done that?  Is that just being too deep into winning the lottery? 

What would you do?

CA
    United States
    Member #84266
    December 26, 2009
    410 Posts
    Posted: May 7, 2010, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

I would say driving 2 hours to buy a lottery ticket is a bit overboard.

Midlands, SC
      United States
      Member #69698
      January 14, 2009
      303 Posts
      Posted: May 7, 2010, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.  I did it once before we had the lottery here in SC...but we have everything Georgia has now.

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
        Member #81314
        October 16, 2009
        19398 Posts
        Posted: May 7, 2010, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

Since I am having no luck in SC on any of the drawings....I was thinking over driving 2 hours to the Georgia border to put in numbers for the next couple of weeks.  You know for Cash 5, Pick 3&4, MegaMillions & Powerball.

Has anyone here ever done that?  Is that just being too deep into winning the lottery? 

What would you do?

Hello:

Two hours is a bit much to drive to play the lottery.  That's just my opinion.

Lucky for me, I'm in Missouri, and I"m 5 minutes from Illinois.  I was just thinking of driving across the bridge to play Illinois lottery for tonight.

But, I changed my mind, it's too late.

If you do drive 2 hours to play, you should bet a pick 3 number for 30 days, and hope it hits straight.

Good Luck.

The Struggle is real!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: May 7, 2010, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

I think it's a good idea if you have the time, you can afford it and you think it'd be fun to do. I've done it a number of times and I always pick up multi-draws in other states I travel to or through. The small winners can help pay for your gas to travel there again. It's also just a good excuse to see parts of other states you might not have otherwise traveled to or seen.

Who knows, Lady Luck might be waiting for you in another state.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Midlands, SC
            United States
            Member #69698
            January 14, 2009
            303 Posts
            Posted: May 7, 2010, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

I think it's a good idea if you have the time, you can afford it and you think it'd be fun to do. I've done it a number of times and I always pick up multi-draws in other states I travel to or through. The small winners can help pay for your gas to travel there again. It's also just a good excuse to see parts of other states you might not have otherwise traveled to or seen.

Yeah, I was bored...nothing planned this weekend and was thinking of taking the back roads to the border.  The movies will be too crowded for me to see Iron Man 2...so I'm waiting until the hoopla dies down...thanks for your opinion.

Midlands, SC
              United States
              Member #69698
              January 14, 2009
              303 Posts
              Posted: May 7, 2010, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

Wow...I wish I lived that close to a border.  I'm right in the center of SC....about 2 hours to each border....I think I'd reach NC sooner than GA.  I was thinking more of 2 weeks....never even considered 30 days...I'll sleep on it.  Thanks!

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                51029 Posts
                Posted: May 7, 2010, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

What would you do?

What I wouldn't do is: Drive 2 hours to play the Lottery in another State!

What I would do is: Work on Winning the Lottery in the State I'm in!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
                  Member #38687
                  May 3, 2006
                  315 Posts
                  Posted: May 7, 2010, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I used to live in Columbia, Sc and I would drive to Augusta once a month for tickets. I also had issues winning in SC.

Who cares what people think?

If you feel like thats the best thing for you to do to win then do it. Don't let anyones comments on here encourge or deter you from doing it. None of us can share the win with you so our opinion shouldn't matter. Cool

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot

Midlands, SC
                    United States
                    Member #69698
                    January 14, 2009
                    303 Posts
                    Posted: May 7, 2010, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

What I wouldn't do is: Drive 2 hours to play the Lottery in another State!

What I would do is: Work on Winning the Lottery in the State I'm in!

How do you work on winning the lottery?  I do quick picks and play birthdays....I don't know of any other way.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: May 7, 2010, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

You ever bought in Ky ridge?...tiggs has seen some bearded old men here he's never seen before but they look like winners..What say you ridge was it you..tiggs lives right by Lake Cumberland jump in some time if your ever in the area..

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: May 7, 2010, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

How do you work on winning the lottery?  I do quick picks and play birthdays....I don't know of any other way.

It's called luck and that's it,luck...

Norfolk,VA
                          United States
                          Member #83225
                          December 2, 2009
                          757 Posts
                          Posted: May 7, 2010, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

i might travel 2 hours to play the lottery in another state if knew i was going to win in that other state more often than im winning in my home state..

''YOU CAN PAY FOR SCHOOL BUT, YOU CAN'T BUY CLASS''Thumbs Up

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: May 7, 2010, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

You ever bought in Ky ridge?...tiggs has seen some bearded old men here he's never seen before but they look like winners..What say you ridge was it you..tiggs lives right by Lake Cumberland jump in some time if your ever in the area..

Yeah, I been up to Middlesboro for tickets. Never won a dadgum thing. I like VA the best. KY's got the worst dadgum scratchers on the freakin' planet too.

Maybe I will go jump in the lake if I come up that way.

By the way, my name's Cliff, drop over sometime.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                              Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #56506
                              November 21, 2007
                              6537 Posts
                              Posted: May 8, 2010, 12:31 am - IP Logged

I also wouldn't drive two hours just to buy lottery tickets from a different state. I'd rather use the money to buy more tickets instead of spending it on gas driving to another state.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."