Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 2:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How to post Xls sheet on LP ?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 7 years ago by frenchie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
frenchie's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
Los Angeles
United States
Member #75410
June 2, 2009
479 Posts
Posted: May 9, 2010, 6:07 am - IP Logged

Sorry to ask but I'm kind of new to LP and I tried to post a link the other day to Box net where I stored a Xls sheet with a graphic and questions in it, and I've got suspended from LP.

So can someone explain to me (step by step ) how to post my spread sheet for download,Please                                 

Thank you so much everyone.

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #2218
    September 1, 2003
    5387 Posts
    Posted: May 9, 2010, 7:31 am - IP Logged

Sorry to ask but I'm kind of new to LP and I tried to post a link the other day to Box net where I stored a Xls sheet with a graphic and questions in it, and I've got suspended from LP.

So can someone explain to me (step by step ) how to post my spread sheet for download,Please                                 

Thank you so much everyone.

Frenchie,

This is a pdf I put together on how to place images here at Lotterypost.

http://www.box.net/shared/0hcbmd23zd

If you have Vista it comes with a program "Snipping Tool" (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool).  You can "snip" the area you want to display, save it to your Desktop, then open it with your Windows program called Paint then save it as .jpg.  I use tinypic.com to upload images for free.  Just follow the instructions in the pdf.

If you just want to use box.net to upload any files.  Once you upload your file(s) just copy and paste the "Shared" link to your posting here.  Highlight the link and then click the icon at the bottom here:

The area I circled above will becom active after you highlighted the link.  Just copy and paste your link into the top box "Link URL".  Then give your link a "Title"

Then click the "Insert" button.  You should now see the blue highlighted link.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23275 Posts
      Posted: May 9, 2010, 8:50 am - IP Logged

Although these are great instructions showing the link feature, I will warn the original poster from doing it.  Your account will get suspended automatically by the system if you attempt to do it.

Hopefully you took a few minutes to read the warnings presented to you during registration, which apparently you have gone through more than once now.

It states as clearly as any warning message could possibly state that new members may not post links or e-mail addresses, no matter what.  The system does not know what a "good" link is or a "bad" link.  To the system, any link posted by a new member is bad, and will cause account suspension. 

So, don't attempt to post a link.

If you want to share something, be a member here for a while, participate in the forums, and then eventually when your membership gets promoted automatically by the system, you can then share.

Keep in mind that posting a lot of messages to the forums does not help you get promoted.  See the FAQ topic in the Help forum if you want more info about that.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

frenchie's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
        Los Angeles
        United States
        Member #75410
        June 2, 2009
        479 Posts
        Posted: May 9, 2010, 10:05 am - IP Logged

Thank you winsumlooseum and Todd I appreciate your help.