Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball and mega Millions

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Will either one reach $400 Million this year?

Yes [ 6 ]  [33.33%]
No [ 8 ]  [44.44%]
Yes with Multiple winners [ 2 ]  [11.11%]
Yes with One winner [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
No [ 1 ]  [5.56%]
Never [ 1 ]  [5.56%]
Total Valid Votes [ 18 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Elkins,WV
United States
Member #3210
January 3, 2004
66 Posts
Posted: May 9, 2010, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

I think one will because of such a long dry spell with neither cracking 300 million, were due a dry spell.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10347 Posts
    Posted: May 10, 2010, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

It's a paradox. Sice both games are now in many states there are a lot more people playing, which increases the jackpots. But with that more people playing, it's more likely the jackpots are more likely to get hit than with less people playing.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Perfecttiming2's avatar - redcross

United States
      Member #65961
      October 11, 2008
      162 Posts
      Posted: May 11, 2010, 1:15 am - IP Logged

It will happen this year...

It's only a matter of time..........It will happen, this year.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: May 12, 2010, 5:20 am - IP Logged

I think one will because of such a long dry spell with neither cracking 300 million, were due a dry spell.

It'd be nice but I kinda doubt it. When it gets up around 200 people start coming out of the woodwork to play. If it went to 300 or 400 even big cheapskates like tiggs would be doubling their ticket purchases (In tiggs' case that would bring it up to two dollars worth).

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

dopey7719's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
          Midlands, SC
          United States
          Member #69698
          January 14, 2009
          303 Posts
          Posted: May 12, 2010, 6:05 am - IP Logged

I think we're lucky to see it reach 300M again.  I'm not a mathematician but the odds are against it with so many states now featuring both jackpots.

More states = more people = less chances to win & less chances to reach that amount.

NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #90535
            April 29, 2010
            11978 Posts
            Posted: May 12, 2010, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

It's a paradox. Sice both games are now in many states there are a lot more people playing, which increases the jackpots. But with that more people playing, it's more likely the jackpots are more likely to get hit than with less people playing.

Coin toss, i agree with you 100%.  When the news was first announced that they were joining forces, many players predicted that with more people playing the jackpot would be won sooner. Anyway a national lottery is in the works, and we are going to be the envy of many countries around the world when the usa have half billion jackpots.  I feel great about mega millions and powerball now, the jackpots go up sooner which makes it great for a cheap player like me to play for $1.  My only wish is that they create a national lottery and leave the odds bet. 175-195 millions for a $1 play.  If it goes to to $2 i would still play 1 line per drawing. But i will tell you one thing, more than 2 dollars per drawing is insane if they would not offer more lines.  I can't wait.