Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

"Lotto Texas" Now At $89 MILLION ($57.9 Million Cash)

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Raven62.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
California
United States
Member #80929
October 7, 2009
94 Posts
Posted: May 9, 2010, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

The "Lotto Texas" game is now at a huge $89 Million or $58 Million cash level.  That's quite an amount considering the odds are "only" 25 million to 1 against you.  Nice, really nice.  Kinda makes me wish I could drive over there and play a few bucks.  California's SuperLotto jackpot hasn't been that high for years and the odds are twice as bad.

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49699 Posts
    Posted: May 9, 2010, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

The "Lotto Texas" game is now at a huge $89 Million or $58 Million cash level.  That's quite an amount considering the odds are "only" 25 million to 1 against you.  Nice, really nice.  Kinda makes me wish I could drive over there and play a few bucks.  California's SuperLotto jackpot hasn't been that high for years and the odds are twice as bad.

You can find it here:

http://www.lotterypost.com/results/tx

Next Drawing: Wed, May 12, 2010, 10:12 pm Central Time

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

California
      United States
      Member #80929
      October 7, 2009
      94 Posts
      Posted: May 9, 2010, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

ADDENDUM:  I checked and the last time the California SuperLotto was $93 Million, the highest in years, was Sept. 1, 2007, drawing #2130.  There was one winner from Alameda.  It will be interesting to see if the Lotto Texas game goes this high within 2 weeks.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23261 Posts
        Posted: May 9, 2010, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

DFW, Texas
          United States
          Member #78628
          August 18, 2009
          134 Posts
          Posted: May 9, 2010, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

I've been watching the "estimated jackpot calculation documents" and found something interesting.  The interest factor used to calculate the annuitized amount has gone down significantly for the past few draws.  This has resulted in lower annuitized values.  For the last two draws the cash value increased by over $1,000,000 while the annuitized value increased by only one million.  The reason is that the lower interest factor decreases the projected return on all of the money in the pool.

They have to increase the annuitized amount by at least one million.  The past $2,000,000 increases have come back to bite them.  Their last pre-draw estimate was about a quarter million short of the cash value needed to support the 88 million in the last draw, but they still had to increase it by at least a million.

This brings up an interesting mathematical question, since current interest rates affect all of the money in the prize pool, and a drop can result in a lower annuitized amount than might be expected after a rollover.

Also, this was the 59th roll, continuing the record streak.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5593 Posts
            Posted: May 9, 2010, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

Well, this is the highest the jackpot has been since the matrix change. It looks impressive, but let me tell you this game is a b**** to win even $3 (3 out of 6).

I run a pool at work with 11 players, and I have tried wheels, qp's, LP's RNG, and playing all the numbers in the matrix in 11 lines, (each player plays $1 per draw). Since I took over in January, we spent $391 and won exactly $9 (3 out of 6 three times).

I'm seriously considering going to MM or PB, whichever has the highest jackpot, (right now it's PB). The overall odds in Tx Lotto are 1 in 71, where in PB it's 1 in 35 and MM is 1 in 40. It would be nice to win even a couple bucks here and there. For sure once it gets hit, we're moving on to one of the other games.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5593 Posts
              Posted: May 9, 2010, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

I've been watching the "estimated jackpot calculation documents" and found something interesting.  The interest factor used to calculate the annuitized amount has gone down significantly for the past few draws.  This has resulted in lower annuitized values.  For the last two draws the cash value increased by over $1,000,000 while the annuitized value increased by only one million.  The reason is that the lower interest factor decreases the projected return on all of the money in the pool.

They have to increase the annuitized amount by at least one million.  The past $2,000,000 increases have come back to bite them.  Their last pre-draw estimate was about a quarter million short of the cash value needed to support the 88 million in the last draw, but they still had to increase it by at least a million.

This brings up an interesting mathematical question, since current interest rates affect all of the money in the prize pool, and a drop can result in a lower annuitized amount than might be expected after a rollover.

Also, this was the 59th roll, continuing the record streak.

Yeah, I noticed that too. We (and I) only play the cash option.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

California
                United States
                Member #80929
                October 7, 2009
                94 Posts
                Posted: May 10, 2010, 5:08 am - IP Logged

Yes, I called the California Lotto Office a couple years ago and they told me the same thing.  Because of lower interest rates, they lowered their jackpot estimates.

New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49699 Posts
                  Posted: May 10, 2010, 8:17 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I noticed that too. We (and I) only play the cash option.

Cash Value Minus Taxes Equals Your Take Thud

New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    49699 Posts
                    Posted: May 10, 2010, 8:23 am - IP Logged

Yes, I called the California Lotto Office a couple years ago and they told me the same thing.  Because of lower interest rates, they lowered their jackpot estimates.

It's better known as the Time Value of Money: Cash Value before Taxes Plus Interest over the Life of the Annuity equals Advertised Jackpot Amount.