Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How are the QP numbers selected for a ticket?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by imagine.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
imagine's avatar - WINGS

United States
Member #85047
January 7, 2010
102 Posts
Posted: May 18, 2010, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

How does the lotto machine at your local store formulate the numbers for a QP ticket?

Several years ago I remember seeing a story of two coworkers who went to the store together.  The first guy bought his items, and did not buy his usual lottery ticket.  His coworker did buy a QP ticket, he won several Million.

I've always been curious, would the numbers have been the same,  the first guy in line got the ticket.

I've tried the search but couldn't find anything.

Thanks for your help.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: May 18, 2010, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

How does the lotto machine at your local store formulate the numbers for a QP ticket?

Several years ago I remember seeing a story of two coworkers who went to the store together.  The first guy bought his items, and did not buy his usual lottery ticket.  His coworker did buy a QP ticket, he won several Million.

I've always been curious, would the numbers have been the same,  the first guy in line got the ticket.

Thanks for your help.

Nobody knows how the lottery machine works and if they say they do they are just guessiing..It's a random pick and it's just luck of the draw..Good luck..

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
      West Side of Sunny Florida
      United States
      Member #55048
      September 8, 2007
      3371 Posts
      Posted: May 18, 2010, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

I heard ... for NY Lottery Mega Millions/Powers ball - the machine first looks at what numbers you have already played it picks one from that, then cross references them with the last winning numbers and picks one from that.  Then the computer scans your brain to find out what numbers you HATE the most and picks one of those.  Then it chooses the worst 'statistical' numbers for the rest.

Ever notice the low-snicker that comes out of the machine after it prints the tickets??? Red Devil

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8362 Posts
        Posted: May 18, 2010, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your help.

It's called a random number generator it a chip set in the computer programed to generate whatever series of numbers at random that a requested pick 3-4-5-6 games etc.

Look up random number generator or RNG on your search engine.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
          tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: May 18, 2010, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

I heard ... for NY Lottery Mega Millions/Powers ball - the machine first looks at what numbers you have already played it picks one from that, then cross references them with the last winning numbers and picks one from that.  Then the computer scans your brain to find out what numbers you HATE the most and picks one of those.  Then it chooses the worst 'statistical' numbers for the rest.

Ever notice the low-snicker that comes out of the machine after it prints the tickets??? Red Devil

The HATE part is the best part of your equation..Cute..

imagine's avatar - WINGS

United States
            Member #85047
            January 7, 2010
            102 Posts
            Posted: May 18, 2010, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Thank you.