Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Gail Howard -Windows 7 Compatibility

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Mink404Ski.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
Watervliet, New York
United States
Member #1100
February 2, 2003
3193 Posts
Posted: May 18, 2010, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

Hi All,

I upgraded to a laptop which has Windows 7, I tranferred all my files and programs over from my old Gateway XP desktop.  When I tried to open up the Advantage Plus software it would not load a error comes up about not  being compatible 32 bit vs 64bit.  I am kind of po'd as I have had this software for years and have been able to use it for almost 3 months now.  Has anyone out there have any idea how to get this software to load so it is able to use it.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Have a good evening.... play 404 in NY it's gonna pop soon!

Mink404Ski

Winlotta's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
    Member #60014
    April 3, 2008
    735 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2010, 2:12 am - IP Logged

Have you contacted Gail Howard about this? A telephone number is listed on her web page.

Contact Addresses and Phone Numbers  http://www.smartluck.com/contact.htm

Patriot

`|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|`

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2010, 2:26 am - IP Logged

Check the Microsoft website, they have a XP Mode program you can download to your Window7 computer that allows it to run old programs that ran under XP. The only catch is if you're have the Home Edition of Window7 you will have to upgrade to the Professional Edition.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49813 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2010, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Hi All,

I upgraded to a laptop which has Windows 7, I tranferred all my files and programs over from my old Gateway XP desktop.  When I tried to open up the Advantage Plus software it would not load a error comes up about not  being compatible 32 bit vs 64bit.  I am kind of po'd as I have had this software for years and have been able to use it for almost 3 months now.  Has anyone out there have any idea how to get this software to load so it is able to use it.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Have a good evening.... play 404 in NY it's gonna pop soon!

Mink404Ski

If you've had the software for many years: It may be 16-bit rather than 32-bit: Try installing the software from the orginal CD: Windows 7 will give you a message if it can't be installed.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49813 Posts
          Posted: May 19, 2010, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

If you've had the software for many years: It may be 16-bit rather than 32-bit: Try installing the software from the orginal CD: Windows 7 will give you a message if it can't be installed.

Additional Info Here: http://www.smartluck.com/faq/faq414.htm

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
            Watervliet, New York
            United States
            Member #1100
            February 2, 2003
            3193 Posts
            Posted: May 19, 2010, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

Thank you everyone!  I see that they are redoing the program from DOS to Windows wow DOS haven't heard that is a long while.  Looks like I have to wait for the new upgrade from Smartluck.  Don't forget to play  404 its gonna pop soon!

Mink404Ski