Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 6:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How lottery jackpot winning ticket looks like

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 7 years ago by paulfund.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
san jose
United States
Member #53761
July 20, 2007
277 Posts
Posted: May 26, 2010, 1:55 am - IP Logged

I always wonder how Mega Million Jackpot winning ticket would look like on the scanning machine. Do they play song when you hit the jackpot?

Milwaukee, WI
    United States
    Member #3131
    December 27, 2003
    665 Posts
    Posted: May 26, 2010, 11:15 am - IP Logged

In Wis my 5 out of 6 ticket said something like invalid ticket or something like that.

In Illinois my 5 out of 6 ticket made a comment like that and said to check with the clerk....

Nothing no listing of the prize.

MarkP

United States
      Member #85338
      January 13, 2010
      143 Posts
      Posted: May 26, 2010, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

I would be curious to know, especially if I wanted to keep a low profile.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: May 26, 2010, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

In Wis my 5 out of 6 ticket said something like invalid ticket or something like that.

In Illinois my 5 out of 6 ticket made a comment like that and said to check with the clerk....

MarkP

Check with the clerk?

Oh man, talk about a prompt that doesn't inspire any confidence and the last person you would trust. LOL!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #58835
          February 27, 2008
          148 Posts
          Posted: May 26, 2010, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

MarkP

Mark--

It is interesting that you said this..

I am in WI and scanned my last ticket today.  It said "invalid", so I rescanned it and it said "not a winner".  I double checked the numbers and, it was in fact, not a winner...so invalid just might be invalid!

san jose
            United States
            Member #53761
            July 20, 2007
            277 Posts
            Posted: May 26, 2010, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

I always wonder if they would play the music if you hit the jackpot. I'm just going to wait until I win the CA jackpot tonight.

san jose
              United States
              Member #53761
              July 20, 2007
              277 Posts
              Posted: May 27, 2010, 2:00 am - IP Logged

<snip> it! :I didn't win tonight CA lottery, next one will!!! I have a vision I will win within this year! Keeping my hopes up! 

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Milwaukee, WI
                United States
                Member #3131
                December 27, 2003
                665 Posts
                Posted: May 27, 2010, 9:10 am - IP Logged

double checked the numbers and, it was in fact, not a winner...so invalid just might be invalid!

Invalid can be just a bad scan. Can be either a wrinkled ticket, or a bad print, or just a bad read.

MarkP

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #90732
                  May 3, 2010
                  12 Posts
                  Posted: May 27, 2010, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

<snip> it! :I didn't win tonight CA lottery, next one will!!! I have a vision I will win within this year! Keeping my hopes up! 

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

keep dreaming. you need to get a life... its obvious that you fantasize about winning a little too much.

perhaps hard work and getting a job would be the right mindset? dont play the lottery to bail you out of life. the funny thing about depending on the lottery the way you do is that there is a higher chance of you dying in a car accident on the way to go buy tickets than you ever hitting 5 of 6 numbers (if you want, you can factor that value by subsitituting it with any number greater than 1 to see how it compares to matching all 6 of 6 LOL)

so move on with your life. play the lottery for fun. play it on the side. and nothing more. if you win, great - at least you'll have everything else in life still going for you (your job, family, and etc). otherwise, you will be destitute for the rest of your life.