Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:14 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wedding Anniversary Powerball ticket

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Baton Rouge, LA
United States
Member #4602
May 7, 2004
700 Posts
Posted: May 27, 2010, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

Yesterday(May 26) was my 9th wedding anniversary.  On a whim, I decided to buy a Powerball ticket with Powerplay hoping to hit 10x and based the numbers on the date I got married, May 26, 2009, and the fact we've been married 9 years.

I settled on 01 06 09 20 52 and QuickPicked the Powerball and got 32.

I matched 3 numbers and the Poweball with a multiplier of 4x, giving me a $400 win!  That's the best I've ever done on the lottery and frankly, was quite surprised.  I cashed it at a convenience store and they gave me money orders for the prize and didn't charge me for them, which was nice.

My wife is happy but I'm a little disappointed after seeing that if I'd picked 10 instead of 9, we'd have won $40,000!  Even so, we're both still happy about this win.

Thought this a cool story so I posted it.  Powerball is at $220 million now, getting a piece of that would be nice.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: May 27, 2010, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Yesterday(May 26) was my 9th wedding anniversary.  On a whim, I decided to buy a Powerball ticket with Powerplay hoping to hit 10x and based the numbers on the date I got married, May 26, 2009, and the fact we've been married 9 years.

I matched 3 numbers and the Poweball with a multiplier of 4x, giving me a $400 win!  That's the best I've ever done on the lottery and frankly, was quite surprised.  I cashed it at a convenience store and they gave me money orders for the prize and didn't charge me for them, which was nice.

My wife is happy but I'm a little disappointed after seeing that if I'd picked 10 instead of 9, we'd have won $40,000!  Even so, we're both still happy about this win.

Thought this a cool story so I posted it.  Powerball is at $220 million now, getting a piece of that would be nice.

Thank you PrisonerSix, For taking your time to post this beautyof a story, and yes here's to you getting that Powerball! for you and your family!Thumbs Up

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Velocity's avatar - Gin
      PA
      United States
      Member #63548
      August 1, 2008
      25 Posts
      Posted: May 27, 2010, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on your win, and Happy Anniversary (belated of course). I always like to hear stories about wins, no matter how much.:)

Baton Rouge, LA
        United States
        Member #4602
        May 7, 2004
        700 Posts
        Posted: May 27, 2010, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

Thank you PrisonerSix, For taking your time to post this beautyof a story, and yes here's to you getting that Powerball! for you and your family!Thumbs Up

I just checked and found I was one of 17 people in Louisiana who won the way I did.  It feels pretty good.

Since my wife's birthday is coming up this weekend, she asked me to do the same thing with the numbers in date of birth.  I put in the numbers and did a QuickPick on the Powerball like I did before.  I have some different numbers but ended up 32 for the Powerball again!  Not sure how that will work out, but you never know.

Prisoner Six

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          51098 Posts
          Posted: May 27, 2010, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Are you sure you weren't married in 2001?

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            CA
            United States
            Member #57222
            December 23, 2007
            587 Posts
            Posted: May 27, 2010, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

Right On!  PrisonerSix!

$400,  will buy your wife a nice anniversary gift!  Congrats!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: May 27, 2010, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

WTG Prisoner6!   Cheers

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                42022 Posts
                Posted: May 27, 2010, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

Congrats, and Happy Anniversary...and a Happy Birthday to your wife.Hyper

HyperBe Happy.

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                  Harrison Township Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #90088
                  April 21, 2010
                  4265 Posts
                  Posted: May 27, 2010, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

Very Nice Present, WTG. Cool         

CutlassBob

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

Baton Rouge, LA
                    United States
                    Member #4602
                    May 7, 2004
                    700 Posts
                    Posted: May 28, 2010, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

Are you sure you weren't married in 2001?

Actually I was, the 2009 was a typo.  Thanks for spotting it!

Prisoner Six

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7343 Posts
                      Posted: May 28, 2010, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

It just goes to show what a little imagination and good intentions will accomplish. Congrats on the nice hit!