Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 6:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you ever watch the Lottery drawing on TV?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 7 years ago by grave.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
san jose
United States
Member #53761
July 20, 2007
277 Posts
Posted: May 29, 2010, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering how many of you in here watch the lottery drawing on TV?

Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #78798
    August 21, 2009
    336 Posts
    Posted: May 29, 2010, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

No. USA mega.com usually has the powerball and mega millions results about 5-8 minutes after the drawing at 11:00.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      42223 Posts
      Posted: May 29, 2010, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

no, not anymore, used to though.

HyperBe Happy.

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
        Harrison Township Michigan
        United States
        Member #90088
        April 21, 2010
        4265 Posts
        Posted: May 29, 2010, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

no, not anymore, used to though.

I Agree! Plus Jorli D is faster than the TV.

CutlassBob

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: May 29, 2010, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

I don't even know if they have it on tv in TN, never seen it. It's computer generated anyway. They could pretty much tell us anything they want and we wouldn't know any better. The people here in TN would prefer real ball drawings but our Lottery Officials really don't care what we want. They're letting us eat cake. And I think the cake's from Walmart. Have you had their new "whipped icing"?  It looks exactly like real whipped cream and tastes like you took a bite out of a Motel6 mattress. Yummy!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

CA
            United States
            Member #84266
            December 26, 2009
            410 Posts
            Posted: May 29, 2010, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Nope. I saw a drawing, or rather the results on the news while at a restaurant once. I go to the state lottery site to check.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10392 Posts
              Posted: May 30, 2010, 12:09 am - IP Logged

We watch it when WGN-TV shows it, but we're not in the Chicago area so they don't always show it.

If WGN doesn't show it sometimes we can get the Powerball results on the Paducah station but they only show Kentucky numbers for the opther drawings, not Illinois.

The stuffed monekey we have for luck likes to watch it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

johngreek's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                Patras,Achaia,Greece
                Greece
                Member #91329
                May 15, 2010
                42 Posts
                Posted: May 30, 2010, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

Yeah i wach it on tv

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                  West Side of Sunny Florida
                  United States
                  Member #55048
                  September 8, 2007
                  3371 Posts
                  Posted: May 30, 2010, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

I try to as much as possible.  They are only shown during the week here in NY nothing on weekends.  This month has been alot of screaming at the LAST ball that comes up (even in the 4way) as I have been one off more times than I can count.

Its great to watch your number show! I luv watching them.

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

Velocity's avatar - Gin
                    PA
                    United States
                    Member #63548
                    August 1, 2008
                    25 Posts
                    Posted: May 30, 2010, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

I don't even know if they have it on tv in TN, never seen it. It's computer generated anyway. They could pretty much tell us anything they want and we wouldn't know any better. The people here in TN would prefer real ball drawings but our Lottery Officials really don't care what we want. They're letting us eat cake. And I think the cake's from Walmart. Have you had their new "whipped icing"?  It looks exactly like real whipped cream and tastes like you took a bite out of a Motel6 mattress. Yummy!

Nope, usually too busy at that time to watch the drawing, they usually have a small corner of the screen to watch the drawing while the news is on. 

Aren't Walmart cakes yummy? For my son's birthday party last year, we got delicious Elmo character cupcakes, made to look like a single cake for the kids, well needless to say we start pulling apart the cupcakes and a horde of ants fall out from in the middle=DISGUSTING! I had to leave the party to return the cake, a twenty minute drive, to get another cake, and my money back. The cake wasn't what I wanted or had and I ended up giving it away. I will NEVER buy a Walmart cake again!

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                      Northern Virginia
                      United States
                      Member #83350
                      December 5, 2009
                      1322 Posts
                      Posted: June 3, 2010, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

If I am at home at the time of the drawing, I will watch it.

Unfortunately, Virginia doesn't air its drawings anymore, but they put drawing videos on the Internet. When Virginia did air its drawings, I watched them.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: June 3, 2010, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

If I am at home at the time of the drawing, I will watch it.

Unfortunately, Virginia doesn't air its drawings anymore, but they put drawing videos on the Internet. When Virginia did air its drawings, I watched them.

tiggs loves to watch Linda Kollmeyer when he gets a chance..Don't live anywhere near Ill but am a big fan of Linda..She rocks!!!....

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                          Santa Ana
                          United States
                          Member #71159
                          February 20, 2009
                          651 Posts
                          Posted: June 4, 2010, 12:47 am - IP Logged

No I don't and I won't--I like to wait until the next day to make it more excitingWink

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                            Dallas, TX
                            United States
                            Member #60284
                            April 12, 2008
                            3856 Posts
                            Posted: June 4, 2010, 1:09 am - IP Logged

I don't have a TV, so no.

I get my drawing results online. Here or at the Texas official lottery site (when LP is lagging).

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: June 4, 2010, 1:10 am - IP Logged

Nope, usually too busy at that time to watch the drawing, they usually have a small corner of the screen to watch the drawing while the news is on. 

Aren't Walmart cakes yummy? For my son's birthday party last year, we got delicious Elmo character cupcakes, made to look like a single cake for the kids, well needless to say we start pulling apart the cupcakes and a horde of ants fall out from in the middle=DISGUSTING! I had to leave the party to return the cake, a twenty minute drive, to get another cake, and my money back. The cake wasn't what I wanted or had and I ended up giving it away. I will NEVER buy a Walmart cake again!

LOL! I've eaten ants before and they taste a lot better than that cake from there. They don't even give you much cake, it's all frosting. That store is the absolute best at making stuff look good and taste bad. Their latest scam is the one I mentioned - "whipped icing" - (gag, wretch, puke, barf). The produce is the same - looks good but doesn't even taste like anything. Get peaches or plums or apples, it doesn't matter cuz they all taste like the same thing - nothin. You know you're eatin something cuz you're chewing but there's just no taste. We go to the farmers market when we can or a regular grocery store. It's true that you get what you pay for.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke