Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Losing Massachusetts scratch tickets

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 6 years ago by DoctorEw220.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Woburn
United States
Member #92366
June 5, 2010
1 Posts
Posted: June 5, 2010, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Hello folks, I just came across a hoard of losing MA scratch tickets, I assume they are all losers unless the buyer missed any! I am wondering if there is a market for these used tickets. I am goingt through a house for these older people and trying to scrape up as much money for them as possible. If they have no cash value I would then consider giving them away rather than using them as land fill. Also how far back can you use old scratch tickets as a tax write-off? I probably have 20 large boxes stuffed full of these tickets but that is just a guess, there could be more or a little less. Thank you for your time.   Dave

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23274 Posts
    Posted: June 5, 2010, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Instant ("Scratch-Off") Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Mass
      United States
      Member #68073
      December 12, 2008
      217 Posts
      Posted: June 12, 2010, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

How old are the tix? Many folks collect old ones. do a search on ebay or CL. Where in Mass are they located? I may be interested in checking them out.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
        Yinzer Country, PA
        United States
        Member #4067
        March 18, 2004
        2741 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2010, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

I'd imagine you could use them for a tax write-off, if you can prove that they were purchased that year.  I know a few people who have done that to offset a big win.  I think you'd need to mail them in with your tax form.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.