Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

In need of a bayesian

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 6 years ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
Member #59354
March 13, 2008
3962 Posts
Posted: June 11, 2010, 11:13 am - IP Logged

RL,

Over the life of the Game things change: Ball Sets, Machines, etc.

A smaller draw sample may be necessary to make the output of your Software closer to actual drawing results.

Raven62

You forgot to note "them tinkering with the RNG", I think they check all the tickets purchased before the draw

Then select a $1.00 QP for a winner. How easy would this be for them to do?

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49620 Posts
    Posted: June 11, 2010, 11:38 am - IP Logged

RL,

I thought we were talking about Your Software: Not Lottery Conspiracies!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

NASHVILLE, TENN
      United States
      Member #33372
      February 20, 2006
      1044 Posts
      Posted: June 11, 2010, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

GASMETERGUY

In the example A, B and C are strings of numbers,  one has 20 numbers 1 has 10 and the other has 9

only 5 total numbers are drawn as it is a 5-39 lottery.  So lets say 3 came from A and 1 came from B

and 1 came from C.  3+1+1 = 5 since only 5 numbers are drawn no matter which string they are from

the total will always be 5.

RL

Now I see where you are coming from.  Good idea.

In developing your three strings of numbers, did you look at the past history to determine which numbers would go into which "bucket"?  If so, then you have some idea how often the draw equaled 5.  Would you give us a per centage of that analysis?  How successful was this number 5?

NASHVILLE, TENN
        United States
        Member #33372
        February 20, 2006
        1044 Posts
        Posted: June 11, 2010, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

RL,

Raven62

I understand what you are thinking; I just don't agree with it.  One needs to consider the inner workings of the lotto people as well as the numbers published as winners. 

If the RNG is fair, meaning no human manipulation of the data, then using past history would be a prudent action.  We have no proof that such drawings are conducted fairly for they are conducted behind closed doors.  Knowing people, especially state employees, we should be mindful that some people will manufacture every advantage to themselves as much possible, even going so far as to break a law to do so.  If you are going to spend time and effort researching lotto draws, looking for that one algorithym which proves profitable, then one needs to consider the human element.  Even mechanical ball drop machines are not immune from human interference. 

Not even the best software can overcome human manipulation.  So in answer I say, "Yes, we are talking about R-L's software and we are including the human element".

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          3962 Posts
          Posted: June 11, 2010, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

RL,

Raven62

I Can't help it, It just pops out from time to time. I might need counseling but again they might work for the

lottery people too.

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

United States
            Member #59354
            March 13, 2008
            3962 Posts
            Posted: June 14, 2010, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

Raven62

I Can't help it, It just pops out from time to time. I might need counseling but again they might work for the

lottery people too.

RL

Everyone

My last couple post were a joke, If I belived this I would not be working on a lottery system.  To those

that I have offended or given another reason to hate "RNG"s please keep playing. The lottery is as close

to random as it can be made. "Blame this when you don't win."  Not the State or Lottery administraters.

RL

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5114 Posts
              Posted: June 14, 2010, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

Everyone

My last couple post were a joke, If I belived this I would not be working on a lottery system.  To those

that I have offended or given another reason to hate "RNG"s please keep playing. The lottery is as close

to random as it can be made. "Blame this when you don't win."  Not the State or Lottery administraters.

RL

congrat's>>>>>>>>>>>

U have given psyko another reason 2 HATE D "RNG" sssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone can hack government computers 2 steal defense secrets, steal UR

identity>>>>>>>>>>>>

THEN put D human element back into D software, I don't care how random

D "RNG" numbers L@@K !!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>DON't play RNG drawn LOTTERY!!!!!

REMEMBER^^^^PSYKO is CRAZY>>>>>>NOT<<<<<<"STUPID" Puke >>>>

LOL>>>>>>>>>>PSYKO is need of a buckyesian>>>>>$$$$$$2 Puke >>>>

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                Member #13130
                March 30, 2005
                2171 Posts
                Posted: June 16, 2010, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

"Averages less than 50% when given onlytwo choices."

Then start selecting the other choice. Wink

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                  Member #59354
                  March 13, 2008
                  3962 Posts
                  Posted: June 16, 2010, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

"Averages less than 50% when given onlytwo choices."

Then start selecting the other choice. Wink

time*treat

Not that easy, as not all are two choices.  I think I have found the problem. I add and remove code

almost weekly and think I have assigned the same name to two different variables.

RL

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                    Member #13130
                    March 30, 2005
                    2171 Posts
                    Posted: June 16, 2010, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Ah, with a 5-ball game ... you're going to need a LOT of variable names and maybe even several comment statements to remind you of what the variable's job is. Big Grin

What language are you using for your system?

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      3962 Posts
                      Posted: June 17, 2010, 1:40 am - IP Logged

Ah, with a 5-ball game ... you're going to need a LOT of variable names and maybe even several comment statements to remind you of what the variable's job is. Big Grin

What language are you using for your system?

time*treat

I first code in basic and once everything is finished then vbnet.  I do a little C++ but hate it.  The newer

versions might be better as I have a older version of borland turbo C++.  I also have VB3 and VB4.

I love basic as it is what I started with. I know that some day I will have to move on but not looking

foward to it.  I can write with basic in a day what takes a week in C++.  Most of my code is quick and

to the point, It may look simple in form but  "it is what's under the hood that really counts."  

RL