Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you ever win the MM/PB: Are you sure you Want to Start a Bussiness..

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Mega-ThinkTank.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: June 9, 2010, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

Guys i have like 14 years or 16 years watching News...And i have looked at tiny details and i have noticed, when there is harm to another bussiness it look as though it was stage, it looks as though there were Cold Wars between bussinesses...I am not sure if to call it: Cold War Terrorrism...

If you ever strike a very high PB Jackpot [$100 Million or more] more than likely you will have to start a bussiness to stay afloat, keep up with inflation or when you start seeing reductions in your windfall...

I´ll give you an analogy...You couldnt go to a bar or club and say: or i want to dance with this girl or talk to this girl...Why because there are eyes already looking at her...

And that was just a regular chick...Here is a scenario...Now imagine than in a certain stretch of miles or territorry there are 2 bussinesses making: $600 Million dollars PER year profit from the location just these 2 bussinesses...And there comes YOU with your new Bussiness and you take: $200 Million from them from bussinessess and left them with: $400 Million or let´s say you left them with $300 Million PER YEAR....Dude you just stole someone: $200 Million a year...Dont you think they are going to want it back..Remember the bar example....Well that was just a chick is not: $200 Million a year...What´s going to happen to those 2 bussinesses when they reflect on: $200 Million PER YEAR...What´s going to grow in their hearts...Many types of crimes and evil stuffs can be done without anyone knowing who did them...Money is the root of all evil...

My question is: ARE YOU SURE you want to start a bussiness if you hit the high big PB/MM Jackpot....

the way i see it is: i just overcame poverty do deal with YOU now...I rather not start a bussiness....

You seen this rivalry in music artists, Remember Jack Withaker??? Someone thought that jackpot was his/her...Now imagine: $200 Million PER YEAR, OR $50 Million per year....You got to be a strong person...Look at drugs, is that stuff that makes the most money and there is territorial divisions, death threats, killings...Now imagine when you are dealing about: $200 Million per year...

Countries go to war for territories and territories with petroleum because is money...And many soldiers and human lives die...

your bussiness rival now has become your bussiness enemy there is cybercrimes comitted against you, they bribe companies to raise your premiums or you home mortage maybe by: $5,000 each time...Again is like a: Cold War...besides you got to look out not getting killed for been that wealthy....

what do you all think???

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: June 9, 2010, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

After reading pumpi's post if tiggs hit's he's tearing up the ticket..There's no fun in winning after this..

Jack Pot's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg

United States
      Member #55246
      September 20, 2007
      225 Posts
      Posted: June 9, 2010, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

After reading pumpi's post if tiggs hit's he's tearing up the ticket..There's no fun in winning after this..

ROFL , tiggs95

I will take your advice, Pumpi... If I win over $100M... I won't start a business "to stay afloat, keep up with inflation.."

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: June 9, 2010, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Guys i have like 14 years or 16 years watching News...And i have looked at tiny details and i have noticed, when there is harm to another bussiness it look as though it was stage, it looks as though there were Cold Wars between bussinesses...I am not sure if to call it: Cold War Terrorrism...

If you ever strike a very high PB Jackpot [$100 Million or more] more than likely you will have to start a bussiness to stay afloat, keep up with inflation or when you start seeing reductions in your windfall...

I´ll give you an analogy...You couldnt go to a bar or club and say: or i want to dance with this girl or talk to this girl...Why because there are eyes already looking at her...

And that was just a regular chick...Here is a scenario...Now imagine than in a certain stretch of miles or territorry there are 2 bussinesses making: $600 Million dollars PER year profit from the location just these 2 bussinesses...And there comes YOU with your new Bussiness and you take: $200 Million from them from bussinessess and left them with: $400 Million or let´s say you left them with $300 Million PER YEAR....Dude you just stole someone: $200 Million a year...Dont you think they are going to want it back..Remember the bar example....Well that was just a chick is not: $200 Million a year...What´s going to happen to those 2 bussinesses when they reflect on: $200 Million PER YEAR...What´s going to grow in their hearts...Many types of crimes and evil stuffs can be done without anyone knowing who did them...Money is the root of all evil...

My question is: ARE YOU SURE you want to start a bussiness if you hit the high big PB/MM Jackpot....

the way i see it is: i just overcame poverty do deal with YOU now...I rather not start a bussiness....

You seen this rivalry in music artists, Remember Jack Withaker??? Someone thought that jackpot was his/her...Now imagine: $200 Million PER YEAR, OR $50 Million per year....You got to be a strong person...Look at drugs, is that stuff that makes the most money and there is territorial divisions, death threats, killings...Now imagine when you are dealing about: $200 Million per year...

Countries go to war for territories and territories with petroleum because is money...And many soldiers and human lives die...

your bussiness rival now has become your bussiness enemy there is cybercrimes comitted against you, they bribe companies to raise your premiums or you home mortage maybe by: $5,000 each time...Again is like a: Cold War...besides you got to look out not getting killed for been that wealthy....

what do you all think???

The way i see it is: PB/MM has 200 Million combinations, soon it will have: 250 Million to 300 Million combinations, is a MOVING TARGET, the balls are bouncing, colliding with each other probably worse than a Maximum Security Prison (total disregard for women), 100+ Million adds like another 100 Million combination so is now: 300 Million combinations or 400 Million combinations, the moving target thing adds: another 100 Million combinations, so is now: 400 Million combinations, there is: 300 Million people in the USA for me to be the correct one picked is now 300 Million combinations added...Is now: 700 Million or 800 Million combination game...And i have to deal with: YOU, WITH THIS with someone shooting at me all the time, and then there is MARRIAGE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: June 9, 2010, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Not trying to be smart here but pumpi please stay in your basement..your safe there..

United States
            Member #61232
            May 16, 2008
            126 Posts
            Posted: June 9, 2010, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

"If you ever strike a very high PB Jackpot [$100 Million or more] more than likely you will have to start a bussiness to stay afloat"

The above line makes me LOL.

If I had $100 million I wouldn't be worried about keeping afloat.  After I bought a new house, car, and other things I'd  still have about $99.5 million.  I don't see myself spending anymore than $100-150k/year and I'd easily make that in one month on the interest alone.

You would be living way beyond your means if you were worried about "staying afloat" when you have $100 million banked.

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
              Republic of Texas
              United States
              Member #57557
              January 9, 2008
              1095 Posts
              Posted: June 9, 2010, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

I gotta stop reading pumpi's posts... they make my eyeballs cross and my brain numb. Crazy   

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: June 9, 2010, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

then people ask themselves WHY we need more PB & MM or similar games and more miniature stock exchanges....

we also need a Pick2, like pick3 but a pick2 that pays: $250 or $200 or $175 for a straight win....

CA
                  United States
                  Member #84266
                  December 26, 2009
                  410 Posts
                  Posted: June 9, 2010, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

"If you ever strike a very high PB Jackpot [$100 Million or more] more than likely you will have to start a bussiness to stay afloat"

The above line makes me LOL.

If I had $100 million I wouldn't be worried about keeping afloat.  After I bought a new house, car, and other things I'd  still have about $99.5 million.  I don't see myself spending anymore than $100-150k/year and I'd easily make that in one month on the interest alone.

You would be living way beyond your means if you were worried about "staying afloat" when you have $100 million banked.

I agree. I don't think I can spend $100k/yr even if I tried!! Lol.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19824 Posts
                    Posted: June 9, 2010, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

I'm not a business person now, winning a lottery jackpot wouldn't make me one and I wouldn't have any interest in investing in one.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #92330
                      June 5, 2010
                      887 Posts
                      Posted: June 9, 2010, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Just came across an article on this other website I've been reading through (discusses past lotto winners). There was a short story about a 19 year old who won $35 million a few years ago and so I decided to Google him.

Turns out he started his own business, a "sketch comedy" wrestling show featuring "babes" as the wrestlers. Sounds really odd, but the show was actually aired on Dish Network, but who knows whether or not they'll pick it up again. You can check it out over on Wikipedia or their website, it's Wrestlicious and the winner was Jonathan Vargas.

Wanted to post here (since it's questioning starting your own business) and see what people thought of it. Personally it sounds like a horrible idea to me and failure seems inevitable, which is sad since when he won he was claiming he would go to college, take finances and invest for the future of his family.

Houston
                        United States
                        Member #62319
                        June 24, 2008
                        242 Posts
                        Posted: June 10, 2010, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

If anyone wins 10 million dollars, all they need to do is find some good investments --- say, you put a couple grand on specific stocks that yields a good 4-6 percent return. That's one, then you do another investment that yields another 4-6 percent return and then do several more investments like that. Do that, and you have yourself a nice dividend payout, monthly. Depending how much you invested, you could be getting $5,000 (or more) a month just from dividends, without touching the money you invested with. It'd save all that headaches owning a business, right?

Even if you own a business, I doubt it's all dramatic as you explained. You have a good product/service; it's the customers/clients that make your business a success. If I open a club and garner more customers than the club across the street, how can that owner just "do something to me" to get money back that I "supposely" stole from him? He couldn't do a thing to me. There are laws --- and it's why "educated" people take time out to understand what it means to file a lawsuit or sue somebody if they make you unwhole.