Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Another Raffle

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 6 years ago by sully16.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
673 Posts
Posted: June 18, 2010, 2:09 am - IP Logged

After the last time, I swore I wouldn't buy another Millionaire Raffle ticket, but who was I kidding?? Lol! This time they're selling 250,000 fewer tickets, and running the promotion for 6 weeks.

5 $1,000,000 prizes

10 of $100,000

25 of $10,000

and 2,500 of $500

After almost 4 weeks they've sold about 230,000 tickets.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: June 18, 2010, 2:58 am - IP Logged

They're having a spring raffle in Idaho as well, but it is for one $500,000 prize and then a bunch of smaller prizes. But Idaho has a lot less residents then Florida so the amount of tickets and prizes are a lot less. For the past couple of years, they've been doing the millionaire raffle during the winter, but I guess they decided they were popular enough to have one in the spring as well. I wasn't going to buy any tickets but they were only $5.00 each instead of the usual $10.00, so I bought 4.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
      Miami
      United States
      Member #62793
      July 9, 2008
      673 Posts
      Posted: June 18, 2010, 3:13 am - IP Logged

They're having a spring raffle in Idaho as well, but it is for one $500,000 prize and then a bunch of smaller prizes. But Idaho has a lot less residents then Florida so the amount of tickets and prizes are a lot less. For the past couple of years, they've been doing the millionaire raffle during the winter, but I guess they decided they were popular enough to have one in the spring as well. I wasn't going to buy any tickets but they were only $5.00 each instead of the usual $10.00, so I bought 4.

That's a bargain!

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
        Illinois
        United States
        Member #82001
        November 3, 2009
        890 Posts
        Posted: June 20, 2010, 10:52 am - IP Logged

Michigan is having another raffle this summer too. 10 top prizes of 100,000 at $10 a pop. I may buy a few.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: June 24, 2010, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

After the last time, I swore I wouldn't buy another Millionaire Raffle ticket, but who was I kidding?? Lol! This time they're selling 250,000 fewer tickets, and running the promotion for 6 weeks.

5 $1,000,000 prizes

10 of $100,000

25 of $10,000

and 2,500 of $500

After almost 4 weeks they've sold about 230,000 tickets.

I thought there was only 3 million $ prizes so I bought 3 raffle tickets down there last week so I could win all 3 of em. If I'da known there was 5 I'da bought 5.

Dag nab it!

Sweated my arse off down there for a week and now I can't even win all 5 million!

Florida Fun Fact: The wimmins on the beach at Ft Lauderdale have much skimpier bikinis than the ones at South Beach in Miami Beach. (Not that it matters to me anyway, I'm married afterall) (Decent married men aren't interested in information like that) (Far be it from me to even think about it) (I visited both places but there's no way I paid any attention to that) (Even with my dark glasses on so my wife couldn't see where I was looking I didn't look) (Why would I want to look at that? I'm married! That's crazy!)

Florida Funky Fact: Cashing in a ticket at the Florida Lottery District Office on 14th St. in Miami can be a long, trying, unpleasant experience.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40503 Posts
            Posted: June 24, 2010, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

I thought there was only 3 million $ prizes so I bought 3 raffle tickets down there last week so I could win all 3 of em. If I'da known there was 5 I'da bought 5.

Dag nab it!

Sweated my arse off down there for a week and now I can't even win all 5 million!

Florida Fun Fact: The wimmins on the beach at Ft Lauderdale have much skimpier bikinis than the ones at South Beach in Miami Beach. (Not that it matters to me anyway, I'm married afterall) (Decent married men aren't interested in information like that) (Far be it from me to even think about it) (I visited both places but there's no way I paid any attention to that) (Even with my dark glasses on so my wife couldn't see where I was looking I didn't look) (Why would I want to look at that? I'm married! That's crazy!)

Florida Funky Fact: Cashing in a ticket at the Florida Lottery District Office on 14th St. in Miami can be a long, trying, unpleasant experience.

my husband doesn't look either and he didn't almost knock an old man down not looking, I didn't know a neck could twist that far.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: June 24, 2010, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

my husband doesn't look either and he didn't almost knock an old man down not looking, I didn't know a neck could twist that far.

sully babe you need to explain again to tiggs what this means..Maybe a nut case from Tn can understand it but not tiggs..now real slow...myyyyy huuuuussbaaaaaand....

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: June 24, 2010, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

sully babe you need to explain again to tiggs what this means..Maybe a nut case from Tn can understand it but not tiggs..now real slow...myyyyy huuuuussbaaaaaand....

Ahh, Jeeze.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: June 24, 2010, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Ahh, Jeeze.

Beddy byes riddggggy ole pal..If you see jrosina give her a hug for tiggs..Lights out as they say here at the home..Booooooooooooooyaaaaaah...

Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40503 Posts
                    Posted: June 24, 2010, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

LOL my husband doen not always watch where he's walking cause his eyeballs is busy checking out the wimmins.

beverette's avatar - 2rzqm87
                      Tarboro,NC
                      United States
                      Member #93419
                      June 29, 2010
                      64 Posts
                      Posted: June 29, 2010, 10:13 am - IP Logged

North Carolina is having another Raffle and i was thinking about buying 5 raffle tickets at $20 a piece. Does anyone think you would have a better chance at buying all the tickets at the same time and having all the numbers together ex.    xxx,001  xxx,002  xxx,003  xxx,004  xxx,05 or just buying one say once a week till you got the 5 tickets?

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: June 29, 2010, 10:57 am - IP Logged

North Carolina is having another Raffle and i was thinking about buying 5 raffle tickets at $20 a piece. Does anyone think you would have a better chance at buying all the tickets at the same time and having all the numbers together ex.    xxx,001  xxx,002  xxx,003  xxx,004  xxx,05 or just buying one say once a week till you got the 5 tickets?

Nobody can possibly know this..Just buy buy buy..tiggs once buoght two scratchoffs by mistake back to back and one was good for 20.00 and the other was good for 40.00 so know one knows..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: June 29, 2010, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

7 days and counting til I win the raffle with all 3 of my tickets.

My patented Hocus-Pocus, Mumbo-Jumbo System says it's a lock.

All indicators are pointing to two of the tickets being million dollar winners and one being a $100,000 winner.

I can't wait to get snooty.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: June 30, 2010, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

Anybody else buy any Florida Raffle Tickets?

--Edmund Burke

Ringleader
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #81740
                              October 28, 2009
                              40503 Posts
                              Posted: July 2, 2010, 7:39 am - IP Logged

Anybody else buy any Florida Raffle Tickets?

I got some for Michigan, I love raffles and waffles!