Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Online Lottery Ticket Ordering - any recommendations?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 6 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #92551
June 9, 2010
16 Posts
Posted: June 18, 2010, 11:18 am - IP Logged

I've seen a few websites where I can order Mega Millions tickets online, which would make my life much more convenient. Alot of these websites look pretty sketchy though... does anyone use a site or can recommend one to me? THANKS! Big Smile

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8364 Posts
    Posted: June 18, 2010, 11:32 am - IP Logged

You live in Hollywood there must be at least 50 places within walking distance from your place where you can purchase lottery tickets for mega millions. Why would you trust purchasing tickets on line not even knowing whether you'd get paid or not should you win.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
      Member #92551
      June 9, 2010
      16 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2010, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

True, I do live in Hollywood and there are several places within a few miles I could drive too and pick up tix. But I was thinking an online system could manage payouts and check numbers for me. I often cannot make it too a place to pick up my tix before drawing b/c of my work. With everything being so accesible on the internet nowadays, I was just wondering if people had an idea if one of there was a good online system out there...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: June 22, 2010, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

True, I do live in Hollywood and there are several places within a few miles I could drive too and pick up tix. But I was thinking an online system could manage payouts and check numbers for me. I often cannot make it too a place to pick up my tix before drawing b/c of my work. With everything being so accesible on the internet nowadays, I was just wondering if people had an idea if one of there was a good online system out there...

If you do decide to buy MM tickets on line, check the fine print.  Some of the websites don't actually buy tickets but run their own games using the official results of the real game so if you matched all six MM numbers, they're only obligated to pay you $1M as stated in the fine print.

Since the website also charge a fee for their services, you would probably do better paying a friend you trust to pick up tickets and check them for winners if you don't want to be bothered doing it yourself.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking