Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Regarding Lottery pools: What if you do this??Increase your Chances of Winning

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 6 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: June 19, 2010, 5:55 am - IP Logged

Let´s say you have: $60 a week to join a pool group to play lottery pool....Well i dont know is there are pools who will take: $10 a week [i am not a pool expert], but what if you took the $60 a week and divided it into: $10 and join: 6 different lotto pool teams...That way you increase your chances...Even if you share is smaller...You will be employing the: ¨Is better to win anything than not to win at all kind of philosophy¨...

What do you all think...

What to remind everyone that: POOLING is the BEST LOTTERY SYSTEM OUT THERE, no matter WHAT system you got...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49725 Posts
    Posted: June 19, 2010, 7:39 am - IP Logged

That's the Ticket: Play with OPM!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: June 19, 2010, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

i owe this idea to the new movie: The Sorcere´s Apprentice....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: June 20, 2010, 12:24 am - IP Logged

Let´s say you have: $60 a week to join a pool group to play lottery pool....Well i dont know is there are pools who will take: $10 a week [i am not a pool expert], but what if you took the $60 a week and divided it into: $10 and join: 6 different lotto pool teams...That way you increase your chances...Even if you share is smaller...You will be employing the: ¨Is better to win anything than not to win at all kind of philosophy¨...

What do you all think...

What to remind everyone that: POOLING is the BEST LOTTERY SYSTEM OUT THERE, no matter WHAT system you got...

Pools are fun, but how good is the lifegaurd?

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
          Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1648 Posts
          Posted: June 20, 2010, 1:06 am - IP Logged

Lottery pools are the result of simply more numbers being played by more people...that's it. If you'll take one person that spends the same amount of money, they have just as much of a chance of winning as several people in a pool. Difference is that in a loss, the pool loses LESS money than the SINGLE person that spends the same money, okay.

Pools are designed to play MORE for LESS...INDIVIDUALLY for a TOTAL amount. Due to the total number count, the increase in chances of winning is actually MINIMAL. It's been proven.

L.L.

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: June 20, 2010, 8:30 am - IP Logged

What do you all think...

Since anything is possible, this is worth a try Pumpi...I like it! why not!!!  If I knew of one I would join!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10351 Posts
              Posted: June 21, 2010, 9:50 am - IP Logged

How many people in the pool?

When all is said and done, if you wanted to opt for cash and the pool doesn't, what then?

What if they do opt for cash and the prize is split so many ways that you have participated in winning a jackpot and still have to work? Everyone winds up with a few more bucks and thats about it?

Just things to consider.

Don't let the desire of wanting to win put you in a spot where you get a share of a jackpot, but nothing else changes much.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7309 Posts
                Posted: June 23, 2010, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

What do you all think...

With overall odds of 1 in 40 of winning anything playing PB or MM you don't have a reasonable chance of winning something by playing lesser amounts. If you can get into pool with 7 other players each contributing $5 you'll give yourself a better chance. The problem is your share is only 1/8 of the winnings.

I played in a pool with 29 other players for quite a while and we all lost money; just not as much as playing alone. If you do play alone and the game has overall odds of 1 in 40, don't get upset when you buy 20 tickets and win nothing.

New York,
                  Panama
                  Member #73078
                  April 4, 2009
                  3490 Posts
                  Posted: June 23, 2010, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

How many people in the pool?

When all is said and done, if you wanted to opt for cash and the pool doesn't, what then?

What if they do opt for cash and the prize is split so many ways that you have participated in winning a jackpot and still have to work? Everyone winds up with a few more bucks and thats about it?

Just things to consider.

Don't let the desire of wanting to win put you in a spot where you get a share of a jackpot, but nothing else changes much.

Coin Toss,   Vale!! 

It's Spanish euphemism for one accepting a very Valid point!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: June 24, 2010, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

I would consider joining a pool as long as it wasn't run by some scam artist, you know, like somebody from Kentucky or something.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: June 24, 2010, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

I would consider joining a pool as long as it wasn't run by some scam artist, you know, like somebody from Kentucky or something.

rd, tiggs is going to see this and it will be on!!!... I am leaving now!Hahaha...Good luck on getting out of this one rd...LoL

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: June 24, 2010, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Speak of the devil..Peeps in Ky only scam the dopes..Stop by ridge your hi on the list...Easy pickens...

Baton Rouge, LA
                          United States
                          Member #4602
                          May 7, 2004
                          699 Posts
                          Posted: June 28, 2010, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

I run a pool with my coworkers.  We have 13 people in it and on payday(every other Friday), we each contribute $4.  What I do is buy an assortment of multidraw Powerball and Lotto tickets that cover the next 4 drawings.  If we win anything, we usually put it towards more Powerball or Lotto tickets.  Both times when  Louisiana had it's Millionaire Raffle game, I took a vote of the membership in regard to if we should keep buying more Powerball/Lotto or a Millionaire Raffle ticket and both times, the majority voted to take a shot at the Raffle.

Running a pool is a lot of work though, keeping up with everyone's money, going to the store to get tickets, etc.  For the last couple of months, I've had to keep going back to the store to get tickets because Louisiana suspended multidraws because they were upgrading their computer system and sales terminals.  The new system finally went online Sunday, so I will only have to go back every 2 weeks until they either change the Powerball matrix or do another upgrade.

We haven't won big yet, but who knows?  The best we've done is around $50 on one ticket, but we keep trying.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Broulir32's avatar - 112

United States
                            Member #67381
                            November 24, 2008
                            282 Posts
                            Posted: July 1, 2010, 9:01 am - IP Logged

Well i got idea toooo i think its amazing ok here we go                        3 ...2....1

Let´s say you have pool  on which people vote on approving ur threads , then we would have sheriff's    Me, tiggs95, rdgrnr ( I'v chosen US since we are uncorrupteble) now i know it may seem silly but think about good that will come out of it we will save u from  arthritis, not saying that we would dissaprove all of it Big Smile

And the answer is ???       U won't get it, if u don't ask the question ??

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                              adelaide sa
                              Australia
                              Member #37136
                              April 11, 2006
                              3300 Posts
                              Posted: July 3, 2010, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

i ran a pool of 7 people , but a few just messed around, i cant be in this week, or some such. ended up 5 people where regular and we have been playing for like 6 years maybe more. i stopped running it, but another guy took over. so once it settled down to 5 regular members its been cool. what you dont want for a pool os people to be in and out and back in on a whim, they'll be the ones suing when u finally do win something big.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297