Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Petition for True Lottery Drawings ??

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 6 years ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
joplin
United States
Member #45299
August 17, 2006
151 Posts
Posted: June 20, 2010, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

1.  When will petition be delivered and to whom?

2.  How many names do you hope to get before its sent?

3.  At this time in history, do you really want the federal

to mandate how states conduct lotteries?

4.  Is a petition the most effective way to make such change?

5.  Might it be possible that an effort be made to instead,

petitiion each state, by its residents, carry more weight?

Todd, has made strong argument for the use of mechanical

draws over computer.  And I agree with him.  My question is:

1.  Would mechanical produce more wins?  

2.  Have there been any studies, that found ping-pong balls

superior to mechanical draws?

3.  Cannot mechanical draws be Hacked?

temptustoo's avatar - cat anm.gif
    usa
    United States
    Member #89197
    April 2, 2010
    2817 Posts
    Posted: June 20, 2010, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

The lottery is their money making scheme.. If we don't like it , no one is forcing us to play..  It will always be in the houses favor and a few lucky dogs will win .. That is the way it is...   Lets not make another stupid law that is only enforced when it is in their favor...

joplin
      United States
      Member #45299
      August 17, 2006
      151 Posts
      Posted: June 20, 2010, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

I meant on #2 question--Have there been any studies, that 

found ping-pong ball superior to computer draws?

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23260 Posts
        Posted: June 20, 2010, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

I meant on #2 question--Have there been any studies, that 

found ping-pong ball superior to computer draws?

What do you mean "superior"?  What do you consider "superior"?

Also, "hacking" is a a term that means altering the way a computer program works.  So I'd answer "no", ball drawings cannot be "hacked".  If you think there's a possibilty, please tell me your scenario.

(Changing ball weights or dimensions or something is not "hacking".  It is something that the normal procedures would catch anyway.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

joplin
          United States
          Member #45299
          August 17, 2006
          151 Posts
          Posted: June 20, 2010, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

I just wondered if there was any evidence that mechanical drawings were better than computer draws.  Maybe I might of used a better word.

As to "hacking"  I know the term refers to computers, but I expect most would understand what I mean.  Something done in secret to influnce the outcome.

You say, "It is something that the normal procedures would catch anyway."  We could never really know that to be true or not.  If one can believe, that state

might conspire to control lottery results by computers, that same state might do likewise with mechanical draws.  

Not only can the balls be changed ever so slight, but air pressure could change results as well.

I don't think anyone, believes that states went to computer draws to save a little money.  For that reason alone I would prefer mechanical draws.

And yet "seeing is believing?" I am not so sure.  If you've been to a magic show, you know what I mean.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
            Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1648 Posts
            Posted: June 21, 2010, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

In the end, nothing will get changed because too many people talk and not act on what they really want. Every night when the numbers are ready to be drawn, even with RNG's, you're all sitting there with tickets...knowing it's going to be a computer draw.

Why? Because you're hoping for that win to come which is what the states bank on. It's all about hope here. If anyone were really serious about this RNG stuff, they simply wouldn't play...PERIOD. But, you can't resist the temptation which is set before you. So, you go out and play anyway.

Then, when a funky drawing happens, you come back here and complain about the same thing...again. Can you see where I'm going here? When you really don't like something, you STAY AWAY FROM IT. Stop playing, write your congressman, call, and whatever else you need to do people. It's the only way.

L.L.

joplin
              United States
              Member #45299
              August 17, 2006
              151 Posts
              Posted: June 24, 2010, 2:03 am - IP Logged

Thanks for everyones input, I don't know about you, but I've learned a lot with this post.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                49674 Posts
                Posted: June 24, 2010, 10:54 am - IP Logged

As a United States Citizen, you have the right to Petition...
                - Congress
                - State Government and Legislatures
                - Courts at any level

Under the right of petition, individuals, groups of citizens, and Corporations may lobby for laws and policies that favor them.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

pcurtis's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                  fayetteville tn
                  United States
                  Member #68983
                  January 3, 2009
                  1829 Posts
                  Posted: June 24, 2010, 11:05 am - IP Logged

As a United States Citizen, you have the right to Petition...
                  - Congress
                  - State Government and Legislatures
                  - Courts at any level

Under the right of petition, individuals, groups of citizens, and Corporations may lobby for laws and policies that favor them.

I Agree!

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40340 Posts
                    Posted: June 24, 2010, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

I say we paint numbers on the congress and senators and shoot them up thru a tube.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Broulir32's avatar - 112

United States
                      Member #67381
                      November 24, 2008
                      282 Posts
                      Posted: June 25, 2010, 9:50 am - IP Logged

I say we paint numbers on the congress and senators and shoot them up thru a tube.

I say just shoot em  and pick last 3 standing :) but we would not have box or straight :) just 3 fat flobs with numbers .

P.S
                      Politicians are a glorify meter maids anyway.

And the answer is ???       U won't get it, if u don't ask the question ??

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                        Northern Virginia
                        United States
                        Member #83350
                        December 5, 2009
                        1313 Posts
                        Posted: June 30, 2010, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

In response to Point 3 in Section 2, "Cannot mechanical draws be Hacked?", that could be done only by corrupt lottery officials. Take for example the Pennsylvania Lottery 666 scandal of 24 April 1980. Nick Perry, the drawings announcer, came up with the idea of weighting the balls. With the help of drawings official Edward Plevel and art director Joseph Bock, he was able to make replicas of the official balls and weight them with latex paint, and then put the weighted balls in the lottery machine. Only the 4 and the 6 balls weren't weighted, so 8 combinations could come up. It happened that the number was 666.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

NASHVILLE, TENN
                          United States
                          Member #33372
                          February 20, 2006
                          1044 Posts
                          Posted: July 1, 2010, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

In the end, nothing will get changed because too many people talk and not act on what they really want. Every night when the numbers are ready to be drawn, even with RNG's, you're all sitting there with tickets...knowing it's going to be a computer draw.

Why? Because you're hoping for that win to come which is what the states bank on. It's all about hope here. If anyone were really serious about this RNG stuff, they simply wouldn't play...PERIOD. But, you can't resist the temptation which is set before you. So, you go out and play anyway.

Then, when a funky drawing happens, you come back here and complain about the same thing...again. Can you see where I'm going here? When you really don't like something, you STAY AWAY FROM IT. Stop playing, write your congressman, call, and whatever else you need to do people. It's the only way.

L.L.

Tennessee uses a compuer.  AND I DO NOT PLAY!  I also encourage all my friends and acquaintences not to play.  I encourage people on LP not to play those games with RNG draws.

There is a story here about Tennessee and when they switched from ball drop to computer.  Do a search.  I believe it can be found in the Pick 3 section.  But after reading about Tennessee's troubles, can anyone doubt that computer draws are really selections and not draws?  If so, I have a bridge over the Tennessee River I need to sell you.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                            Member #59354
                            March 13, 2008
                            3962 Posts
                            Posted: July 2, 2010, 1:27 am - IP Logged

gsc5

I may be a little Paranoid, but yes mechanicals are no different from RNG's and can be hacked. 

The term hacking has crossed over and is now applied to many high tech fields.  Hacking a

mechanial system to change or control it's output is very much possible.  This can be done

and made very hard to detect if not impossible.  I am somewhat of a techie and even if a ball

was cut apart and scanned with a electron microscope and its chemical makeup analysed, it

would be hard to detect any difference between balls and yet they could be as different

from one another as day is from night.  Unless one new what to look for to begin with than

no way.  Many of the newest high tech discoveries have been classified and you will never

hear about them and probably better off not knowing.  I am not saying that the lotteries use

this stuff but it does exist.  One must consult many different fields of research and be able to

put A and B togeather, you will not find this using a google search. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020