Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball and Mega reset coincidence

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 6 years ago by iwillhit.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #85338
January 13, 2010
143 Posts
Posted: June 24, 2010, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

Is it me or does it seem that within 1 or 2 draws of eachother, the PB and MM jackpots are hit and then reset?  I have seen MM get hit, reset then get hit again more frequently too.

There doesn't seem to be a dry spell that goes on for a month where one of the two just gets to an ungodly amount.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: June 24, 2010, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Winlotta's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
      Member #60014
      April 3, 2008
      735 Posts
      Posted: June 24, 2010, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Regarding the previous PB jackpot reaching $260 million, there were 12 draws. There were six draws with this past PB jackpot win of $97 million  I do not stay current with the MM jackpot wins, but there should be info on the usa mega site.

Patriot

`|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|`

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49674 Posts
        Posted: June 24, 2010, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Is it me or does it seem that within 1 or 2 draws of eachother, the PB and MM jackpots are hit and then reset?  I have seen MM get hit, reset then get hit again more frequently too.

There doesn't seem to be a dry spell that goes on for a month where one of the two just gets to an ungodly amount.

How Strange: No one Commented On: Two PowerBall Jackpot Winners! Thud

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Winlotta's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
          Member #60014
          April 3, 2008
          735 Posts
          Posted: June 24, 2010, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

How Strange: No one Commented On: Two PowerBall Jackpot Winners! Thud

Yes, I recall your statistical notation in Maddog's challenge. My thought at the time was the winners having to divide that $97 Million annuity or the $50.2 Million Cash  —  still a nice chunk !  !   Montana's winners, a couple from Helena, have stepped forward. The wait is on for Ohio.  

Patriot

`|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|`

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
            Member #93164
            June 23, 2010
            1316 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2010, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

It's so strange that there's a MM and PB jackpot winner on consecutive draws. MM jackpot was won in New York for $26 million. PB jackpot of $97 million was shared by Ohio and Montana.

atlanta
              United States
              Member #13754
              April 13, 2005
              53 Posts
              Posted: June 25, 2010, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

It's so strange that there's a MM and PB jackpot winner on consecutive draws. MM jackpot was won in New York for $26 million. PB jackpot of $97 million was shared by Ohio and Montana.

But why is it strange? I dont understand, help me out here.