Welcome Guest
You last visited October 21, 2017, 10:10 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you consider winning when playing Lottery

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 7 years ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: June 26, 2010, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

Hello everyone

If one playes a $1.00 play and hits for a $1.00 return is that winning. Some would say NO,

and others would say YES.  I would fall in the yes club because at the very least it allows me

to play again with only $1.00 invested.  My ticket cost has droped to 50 cents per ticket.

Lets say that I loose on the second try I still only have $1.00 invested in the two tickets that

otherwise would have costed me $2.00.  Now from the point of money returned I have lost $1.00

but when I play I buy a chance to win and nothing else.  Winning more than one invest is the

hope of everyone who plays but for me I consider the cost more of a fee that allows me to

compete with the odds.   I agree that from the monetary view that one must win more then one

invest before he is in the black but is that the only way winning can be describe.  Even if one

hits 1 number of a set of 5 is he not beating the odds for a $1.00 play and wins based on the

odds, even if no prize is won.  

RL

I am thinking that, I spent a dollar it's gone!  

I wait, I get back the dollar I spent, results is that  I won nothing!ShockedEmbarassed

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10537 Posts
    Posted: June 26, 2010, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Stack47,

Excellent post.

Coin, 4th post thus thread:

"Getting back exactly what you played is called breaking even."

LL, 12th post this thread:

"Or, did they just break even with getting their money back?"

Coin, now:

Ana a-ko, ka hoy?

Tagalog, translation, "What am I, wood?"

(Dangerfield voice):

I get no respect I'm tellin ya, no respect.

Random observation,

Once again any lottery comission people, especially those in marketing, would read this thread and say, "See! Told ya!"

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2010, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Stack47,

Excellent post.

Coin, 4th post thus thread:

"Getting back exactly what you played is called breaking even."

LL, 12th post this thread:

"Or, did they just break even with getting their money back?"

Coin, now:

Ana a-ko, ka hoy?

Tagalog, translation, "What am I, wood?"

(Dangerfield voice):

I get no respect I'm tellin ya, no respect.

Random observation,

Once again any lottery comission people, especially those in marketing, would read this thread and say, "See! Told ya!"

Bang Head

Once again any lottery commission people, especially those in marketing, would read this thread and say "see! Told ya!"

This is tooooo funny!!!  Hahaha!!...I am LMHOOoffffff!Big SmileGreen laugh

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10537 Posts
        Posted: June 26, 2010, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, some of these posts sound like, "Hey, I must still have money. I have checks!"

"Let's see Willard, you bought $50 in scratchers and won $20, so you have $70 now, right? How about that $25 yhou owe me?

Willard: "Humina humina humina."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          4366 Posts
          Posted: June 26, 2010, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, some of these posts sound like, "Hey, I must still have money. I have checks!"

"Let's see Willard, you bought $50 in scratchers and won $20, so you have $70 now, right? How about that $25 yhou owe me?

Willard: "Humina humina humina."

CT

When I was a younger lad, I was a bit of a scraper.  I have to say that I ended up on the short end of the

stick many times but never gave up..  Most often by the 3rd or 4th attemp most people figured out winning

did not mean that much to them and avoided me.  I learn very quickly.  I maybe did not win but I never lost. 

I am not talking about money here.   When you buy a ticket you have the ticket, and unless you loose the

ticket regardless if it's a winner or not you still have the ticket.  The fact that You did not buy the winning

ticket has no bearing on the cost of the ticket or you would be trying to get your money back.  Sure the

value of the ticket as being a possible winner has collasped but you knew the odds when you purchased

it.  Most lottery players take a good beating on a regular basis but keep comming back for more.  In my

humble way of thinking they are the winners because they don't give up and this is what  life is all about.

I agree from a certian aspect that unless you make more than one spends he or she is spending more

than they receivel.  $5.00 + -$10.00 = -$5.00.   I have met people that could spend a thousand to win

$500.00 and strut around like they beat the soup out of the system.  BUT NOT ME, I keep a record of every

decision I make in selecting my numbers and after the draw I find where I made mistakes.  Often I find that

one or two clicks of a mouse would have won me a jackpot.  If one does not consider the past than how can

one know how to face the future.  If the money won back vs money spent is the only guage of winning than

most people must have very poor math skills.   When I pruchase a ticket, I do not view the cost of a ticket

based on what I might win,  I must buy a ticket to enter the game.  Much the same way one must buy

a ticket at a sporting event.  If your team looses the game does that make you a looser too.  NO, you

paid for a seat from which to watch the game, ie a way to participate.  You could watch from home on a TV

but it is not the same.  I play on paper most of the time and don't get very exiceted one way or the other

over the outcome.  The fans make the game.  It cost me a dollar to enter the game If I can watch two games

or movies or buy two for one at a sale than I consider that a gain and any gain makes me a winner.  The

purchase price of a ticket cannot be valued in regard to money won back.  It is a fee based system that cost

$1.00 to play.  And if I win nothing back, I still got to play the game and have gained experience that might

improve my play in the future. 

RL

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: June 26, 2010, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

If you Bet $1 with Hopes and Dreams of Winning a $1: Then You Won!

If you Bet $1 with Hopes and Dreams of Winning Thousand$/Million$: Then You Lost!

What?

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              4366 Posts
              Posted: June 27, 2010, 3:45 am - IP Logged

I have gotten only one reply to this post that interest me, and not saying.

The Lottery slayer.

I have a agenda and hide if you will.  I know you are here.  I am watching you watching me.  I am

leading you by the neck right where I want you.  You have swam free long enough and now I have

my hook in your mouth.  Oh what a day, when you are pulled from the stream and seen for what

you are.  Many will gaze upon you with comtemp and with great bitterness shall they hate you.

You play your games with the dreams of men and dash them with false hopes.  Many have sought

to feast from your flesh and lead you in chains only to find you escaped in the night.  But this time

yea shall not escape, for my hook is of iron and my cord is of steel and thy days have been counted

and your time is at hand.  Fight, fight me if you can for I know your end.  And thy belly is full, made

fat by the lures of men that feed you of broken promise.  They are made low by your deception.  Oh

Twist and growl you miserable creature of discontent for it is my hand that shall slay you, and many

shall feast of your flesh and shall be made full.  Thy carcass shall be torn and thy eyes shall be no more

luring as in the day of thy greatness, and those that stand about shall be shammed that they sough you   

And in that day shall I be known by all for it is my sword that has thrust you throu.

by RL

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                51514 Posts
                Posted: June 27, 2010, 8:57 am - IP Logged

I think a good win is when I have enough money to take us out to dinner and still have some left over for more gambling.

Any day I can dodge making dinner is a good day.LOL

Stand for the Flag,  Kneel for the Cross.

United States
                  Member #59354
                  March 13, 2008
                  4366 Posts
                  Posted: June 27, 2010, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

I think a good win is when I have enough money to take us out to dinner and still have some left over for more gambling.

Any day I can dodge making dinner is a good day.LOL

sully16

That sounds like a very good win / win situation to me, one can only hope.

RL