Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winners, Where Art Thou??

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Nino224.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami, FLA
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
680 Posts
Posted: July 2, 2010, 2:08 am - IP Logged

Has anybody on LP ever won a significant prize??? I mean like 500K and above.

Or do they win and just never come back to mix with the poor people?

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10392 Posts
    Posted: July 2, 2010, 2:38 am - IP Logged

Would you really post such a win?

May not be your best move.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Miami, FLA
      United States
      Member #62793
      July 9, 2008
      680 Posts
      Posted: July 2, 2010, 3:00 am - IP Logged

Would you really post such a win?

May not be your best move.

Why wouldn't I?

You can't find out anything more about me than what the Lottery is legally releasing anyway.

I'm just saying, it'd be nice to hear firsthand from a big winner once in a while rather than always hearing about how it sucks to lose from everybody else.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

United States
        Member #81843
        October 31, 2009
        856 Posts
        Posted: July 2, 2010, 3:09 am - IP Logged

Nino, there are members that just drop off the radar. Anyone saying they won anything would nearly immediately be challenged with having to provide proof. Just like someone might want proof a system or anything stated is factual or true.

There are winners who are members and I have seen posts they have made how well they did. I don’t know about any jackpot winners from the LP crowd but I would respect their privacy because there are always some who feel a sense of entitlement to another’s gain.

You see that when you ask how big a payout a store can do for you. Don’t kid yourself that store clerks know that at the point of sale there is a likely hood a big winner will stop by. One guy said he had $50.00 in his savings if I was in a hurry to cash a ticket bigger than the $100.00 store payout limit. That was at a state run liquior store. You learn to be cautious real fast.

But,.... if you won a big one and the whole world was plastering your face and name in the media, what harm would it be to say so here too? The public information on winners has got chasers who hound you because they want some. You have, and they want. It is as simple as that. The more you have the more they want and rationalize they would do for you, what they want you to do for them. You are approached to understand their sense of entitlement.

DD

Miami, FLA
          United States
          Member #62793
          July 9, 2008
          680 Posts
          Posted: July 2, 2010, 3:33 am - IP Logged

Nino, there are members that just drop off the radar. Anyone saying they won anything would nearly immediately be challenged with having to provide proof. Just like someone might want proof a system or anything stated is factual or true.

There are winners who are members and I have seen posts they have made how well they did. I don’t know about any jackpot winners from the LP crowd but I would respect their privacy because there are always some who feel a sense of entitlement to another’s gain.

You see that when you ask how big a payout a store can do for you. Don’t kid yourself that store clerks know that at the point of sale there is a likely hood a big winner will stop by. One guy said he had $50.00 in his savings if I was in a hurry to cash a ticket bigger than the $100.00 store payout limit. That was at a state run liquior store. You learn to be cautious real fast.

But,.... if you won a big one and the whole world was plastering your face and name in the media, what harm would it be to say so here too? The public information on winners has got chasers who hound you because they want some. You have, and they want. It is as simple as that. The more you have the more they want and rationalize they would do for you, what they want you to do for them. You are approached to understand their sense of entitlement.

DD

I don't think it's that complicated. The only thing I know about you is that you go by Delta Draw and you're in some place called Proles, WA. As long as that's all you tell us you'll be safe.

If I won, I'd be more worried about the info the state makes public, like jackpot amount, name and age. Once somebody has that, getting to you is a breeze.

My promise is this: when I hit, I'll post the winning ticket on LP and tell you all about it. My next move will be to go into the Winner Protection Program, and try to stay ahead of any would-be Dee Dee Moore's out there.

United States
            Member #81843
            October 31, 2009
            856 Posts
            Posted: July 2, 2010, 4:16 am - IP Logged

I will likely not win a big jackpot. I understand that buying a ticket is required first.

A brilliant programmer I met once who's first name was Charles who had polio and was from England and,  educated at the University of Cambridge said to me over his gin and orange juice, "don't get greedy". Best advice for winning I ever got!

DD

victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
              san jose
              United States
              Member #53761
              July 20, 2007
              277 Posts
              Posted: July 2, 2010, 6:22 am - IP Logged

It is always possible that one of us here could hit the jackpot any given days. some jackpot winner even won twice. everything is possible in this world other wise we are not living in reality.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                42186 Posts
                Posted: July 2, 2010, 7:00 am - IP Logged

no I have never won a prize of 500k. thanks for asking.

HyperBe Happy.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19903 Posts
                  Posted: July 2, 2010, 7:34 am - IP Logged

Has anybody on LP ever won a significant prize??? I mean like 500K and above.

Or do they win and just never come back to mix with the poor people?

I once made a mistake with my lottery program which made me think I had won the state lottery which was about $15M at the time.  It was only after I rechecked everything that I discovered I had made a mistake so I know what it feels like to think I've won a large jackpot and I can tell you it feels good.   The feelings were more intense than the ones I had a year earlier when I actually matched 5of6 for $1500.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10392 Posts
                    Posted: July 2, 2010, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Why wouldn't I?

You can't find out anything more about me than what the Lottery is legally releasing anyway.

I'm just saying, it'd be nice to hear firsthand from a big winner once in a while rather than always hearing about how it sucks to lose from everybody else.

Nino,

The lottery doesn't have something set up so people PM you. That alone would be something to consider.

That won't provide any other contact info but you would get pounded mercilessly.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #92330
                      June 5, 2010
                      887 Posts
                      Posted: July 3, 2010, 1:07 am - IP Logged

I have yet to win but if I had I would share. Why not?

I would use a different/new account though since this is one I use at a lot of places and just wouldn't want to have the chance of being bothered on those places and also since I'm sure with enough looking someone could get my name/email/photo. Just being bothered with messages and questions here would be fine.

I think it'd be cool to share with everyone and I know there's a few people who like to hear from winners. I always enjoy reading their stories.

Miami, FLA
                        United States
                        Member #62793
                        July 9, 2008
                        680 Posts
                        Posted: July 3, 2010, 3:20 am - IP Logged

I don't follow. Are you saying that because LP has PM I'd be hounded by people?

If that's the worse that can happen on here then we're in good shape. Just say 'No!'