Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Going, Going, Not Gone!

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Nino224.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
673 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2010, 3:24 am - IP Logged

Three days left to buy tix for the Fla. Millionaire raffle and there's still well over 300,000 tix left. They've been selling at between 8,000 and 20,000 a day, but even at double that rate they'll be more than 200,000 left.

This is definitely very good news. Those odds just got a lot better!

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

United States
    Member #81843
    October 31, 2009
    856 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2010, 3:39 am - IP Logged

Good for the players, bad for the state. What if they decide to delay the drawing to sell all the tickets?

Whatever the outcome, it shows a trend that the state's coffers are precariously balancing budgets on a gamble.

DD

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2010, 9:12 am - IP Logged

I think there's usually a mad rush the last couple days.

Although it would be better odds for ticket holders if they don't sell out, I'd rather they did sell out so they don't discontinue the raffles due to lackluster sales.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2010, 10:02 am - IP Logged

I think there's usually a mad rush the last couple days.

Although it would be better odds for ticket holders if they don't sell out, I'd rather they did sell out so they don't discontinue the raffles due to lackluster sales.

You can always go out in the pen in the backyard and probably will after a bottle of Jack...Tn's are not proud..

United States
          Member #81843
          October 31, 2009
          856 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2010, 2:27 am - IP Logged

Tiggs, the pen is mightier than the sword.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: July 5, 2010, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

As of 7:26 this morning, 7/5/10, there were 228,585 tickets left.

The Florida Lottery site was saying there's still 3 days left to buy a ticket.

I don't know if that's a mistake or they extended it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7297 Posts
              Posted: July 5, 2010, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

As of 7:26 this morning, 7/5/10, there were 228,585 tickets left.

The Florida Lottery site was saying there's still 3 days left to buy a ticket.

I don't know if that's a mistake or they extended it.

I just looked and it says "one more day until the drawing". The Florida Lottery is a class outfit and since they passed the break even point in ticket sales, they will go ahead and guarantee all the prizes. And as Nino said, the odds will be much better for the players.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7297 Posts
                Posted: July 5, 2010, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Three days left to buy tix for the Fla. Millionaire raffle and there's still well over 300,000 tix left. They've been selling at between 8,000 and 20,000 a day, but even at double that rate they'll be more than 200,000 left.

This is definitely very good news. Those odds just got a lot better!

Good luck and maybe we'll see you holding one of those huge checks!

Miami
                  United States
                  Member #62793
                  July 9, 2008
                  673 Posts
                  Posted: July 7, 2010, 3:29 am - IP Logged

I had seven tix for the Millionaire raffle in FLA. I didn't get the big prize, but $500 at least covers ticket cost, gas and my time. I'll take it!

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #56506
                    November 21, 2007
                    6537 Posts
                    Posted: July 7, 2010, 4:05 am - IP Logged

I had seven tix for the Millionaire raffle in FLA. I didn't get the big prize, but $500 at least covers ticket cost, gas and my time. I'll take it!

Congrats, on your win! Smiley

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Miami
                      United States
                      Member #62793
                      July 9, 2008
                      673 Posts
                      Posted: July 7, 2010, 6:15 am - IP Logged

Good luck and maybe we'll see you holding one of those huge checks!

A huge check for $500, YEAH!!