Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Interesting Observations: Lotteries Have Never Cancelled Drawings on 07/04

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 6 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
Northern Virginia
United States
Member #83350
December 5, 2009
1317 Posts
Posted: July 4, 2010, 8:05 am - IP Logged

Drawings are commonly cancelled on Christmas. Some states used to not conduct drawings on Thanksgiving, New Year, or Good Friday either. But based on what I have observed so far, no state (excluding Puerto Rico) has ever cancelled drawings on Independence Day. With the possible exception of Connecticut, Kansas, Kentucky, and Rhode Island, for which I do not have the complete drawing histories, drawings have been conducted by every state every year in the history of the game on the 4th of July. 

* The reason why I exclude Puerto Rico is because their lottery is somewhat of an anomaly. They still do not conduct drawings on New Year, Epiphany (6 Jan.), Good Friday, Constitution Day (25 July), Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Puerto Rico does not draw on 4 July. However, they do conduct drawings on Ash Wednesday.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10355 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2010, 12:42 am - IP Logged

Hermanus104,

Why would July 4th drawings be cancelled? Lotteries helped fund the Revolutionary War.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.