Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I'm in Florida and new to this...where do I start?

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 6 years ago by taxijohn.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Jacksonville, FL
United States
Member #93764
July 7, 2010
1 Posts
Posted: July 8, 2010, 1:45 am - IP Logged

Hey guys,

I've mostly played quick picks for the various drawings (Lottery, Powerball, MegaMoney, Cash 3, and Play 4) and only purchased a few scratch offs.

I know nothing of Lottery Systems or Wheels.

I can't purchase 50 different Powerball tickets every drawing (that alone would cost me $100 a week)

Where do I begin?

What should I do first?

Any help would be greatly appreaciated...thanks in advance.

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
    Miami
    United States
    Member #62793
    July 9, 2008
    673 Posts
    Posted: July 8, 2010, 2:16 am - IP Logged

Hey guys,

I've mostly played quick picks for the various drawings (Lottery, Powerball, MegaMoney, Cash 3, and Play 4) and only purchased a few scratch offs.

I can't purchase 50 different Powerball tickets every drawing (that alone would cost me $100 a week)

Where do I begin?

What should I do first?

Do a search above for systems or wheels, but keep in mind that most people who use them have budgets that allow for playing multiple sets of numbers.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3102 Posts
      Posted: July 8, 2010, 3:33 am - IP Logged

Determine your goals.  Do you need to win a couple of hundred regular, couple of thousand or millions?

Determine your available time.  Do you have the time to consider this a part time job, hobby or have only minutes a day?  Don't think you'll put more time in as you start to win, doesn't work that way.

Determine your budget.  The amount you can afford to lose on a regular basis without it becoming a problem.  Do not exceed this figure.

Determine your determination.  How long are you willing to work on this without making a profit before giving up?

Pick a game with the prize that will allow you to reach your goal, concentrate on the one game, read its forum, find out whether you can work out how to win.  Note: Most systems don't play at a profit, you have to know when to play.  Play on paper until you know the system has some winners, then work out how to seperate them from the chaff like panning for gold.  If you can't make it work, quit and find another hobby.

BobP

bobby623's avatar - abstract
        San Angelo, Texas
        United States
        Member #1097
        January 31, 2003
        1394 Posts
        Posted: July 8, 2010, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Well said!

South Carolina
          United States
          Member #18322
          July 9, 2005
          1704 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2010, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys,

Where do I begin?

What should I do first?

The Pick 3 is probably the easiest place to start.  However, I've read on LP that Florida is a Hard State to Hit in, so you need to do a search in the "Lottery Systems" Forum for some Pick 3 Systems to Backtest in your state first.  You need to take the time to search back through the ENTIRE HISTORY of the "Lottery Systems" forum for Pick 3 Systems to try.  You have to put some Self Effort into the Research, before you just start randomly playing numbers. 

I would focus on Systems by LottoLaughs, because ALL of her Sysems that she has ever posted online here Work in every State Nationwide, including Florida   Start with a Collection of her Systems.  She also sells some of her Systems on E-bay, under the E-bay ID of Lottolaffs, for a very low reasonable price, $5 - $7You must Invest a little to make a lot, and her Systems are well worth the Investment, whether FREE here on LP, or for a nominal amount on E-bay.  We should ALL SUPPORT LottoLaughs, because she is one of the most Lottery Brilliant Contributors whose Lottery Methodology has Enlightened Many Minds about the games of Pick 3, Pick 4, Pick 5, PB and MM.

If you cannot Search back through the ENTIRE HISTORY in the FORUMS, You may need to upgrade your LP Membership to Platinum to take advantage of All of the Valuable Features here on Lottery Post. 

Good Luck to you !!!

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2010, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Determine your goals.  Do you need to win a couple of hundred regular, couple of thousand or millions?

Determine your available time.  Do you have the time to consider this a part time job, hobby or have only minutes a day?  Don't think you'll put more time in as you start to win, doesn't work that way.

Determine your budget.  The amount you can afford to lose on a regular basis without it becoming a problem.  Do not exceed this figure.

Determine your determination.  How long are you willing to work on this without making a profit before giving up?

Pick a game with the prize that will allow you to reach your goal, concentrate on the one game, read its forum, find out whether you can work out how to win.  Note: Most systems don't play at a profit, you have to know when to play.  Play on paper until you know the system has some winners, then work out how to seperate them from the chaff like panning for gold.  If you can't make it work, quit and find another hobby.

BobP

I Agree! your oh soooo On POINT!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

mjwinsmith's avatar - moon

United States
              Member #391
              June 8, 2002
              16056 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2010, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

BobP

I Agree!

United States
                Member #81843
                October 31, 2009
                856 Posts
                Posted: July 8, 2010, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

BobP

Yep. Pretty good advise.

I would like to add that QP's do not require any Senescent cognitive skills. Think about it, Or ,... don't.

DD

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19813 Posts
                  Posted: July 8, 2010, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Yep. Pretty good advise.

I would like to add that QP's do not require any Senescent cognitive skills. Think about it, Or ,... don't.

DD

I would like to add that QP's do not require any Senescent cognitive skills.

What kinds of skills do you need to figure what you can afford to lose?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19813 Posts
                    Posted: July 8, 2010, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys,

Where do I begin?

What should I do first?

What should I do first?

Sounds like you already did that when you bought a ticket.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #81843
                      October 31, 2009
                      856 Posts
                      Posted: July 8, 2010, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

I would like to add that QP's do not require any Senescent cognitive skills.

What kinds of skills do you need to figure what you can afford to lose?

That's a very good question, let me see if I can find a banker or a broaker to get an answer back to you.

DD

okay. I got an answer from someone who trades and they say, 'it depends".

Sorry but that was the best I could get.

taxijohn's avatar - odometer444
                        Dutchess County, New York
                        United States
                        Member #8067
                        October 22, 2004
                        3239 Posts
                        Posted: July 9, 2010, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Post a picture, in a bikini Yes Nod

GOD is great, beer is good and people are crazy! Crazy

"I don't look for the numbers, the numbers look for and sometimes find me..."