Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 12:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 6 abbreviated wheels using 30 numbers

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 6 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Canada
Member #12229
March 8, 2005
28 Posts
Posted: July 17, 2010, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

I'm looking for abbreviated (balanced) Pick 6 wheels using 30 numbers, pref. generating 100-300 tickets.  There are a couple using 30 numbers at Lotto-Logix, but I'd like other options as well.

I see there are a couple here in the wheeling section for Platinum members using 27 numbers and 32 numbers, but none for 30 that I can see.

It looks like the Bluskov book is out of print, and Gail Howard's "Wheel Six Plus" info doesn't tell me if it has any abbreviated wheels using 30 numbers (I've sent them an email to inquire in the meantime).

So, I'm looking for suggestions about books/software that have such wheels.

Thanks!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19895 Posts
    Posted: July 17, 2010, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

If you looked at the Lotto-Logix website then you probably noticed that it also had a link to CoverMaster-software for creating lottery wheels.  If all others fail then you could download a copy of it and make your own wheel to your specifications.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3112 Posts
      Posted: July 21, 2010, 4:22 am - IP Logged

You have to be careful to check wheels you find in lottery software because they often use inferior split wheels to claim their wheels cost less to use for the same prize when in reality they make it harder to win a jackpot.

For example a 30 number wheel may use a (15,6,3,3)+(15,6,3,4) wheel which will create an overall (30,6,3,6) but to have any chance to win a jackpot you'd have to get all six winning numbers on one half or the other.

When you make a wheel in CoverMaster it may use more combinations, but you don't have the split problem.   You can also save a lot by making a 99% wheel. 

BobP

Canada
        Member #12229
        March 8, 2005
        28 Posts
        Posted: July 21, 2010, 11:29 am - IP Logged

You have to be careful to check wheels you find in lottery software because they often use inferior split wheels to claim their wheels cost less to use for the same prize when in reality they make it harder to win a jackpot.

For example a 30 number wheel may use a (15,6,3,3)+(15,6,3,4) wheel which will create an overall (30,6,3,6) but to have any chance to win a jackpot you'd have to get all six winning numbers on one half or the other.

When you make a wheel in CoverMaster it may use more combinations, but you don't have the split problem.   You can also save a lot by making a 99% wheel. 

BobP

Thanks for the tip.  CoverMaster's optimized 30,6,3,3 came out to 287 tickets (at 100%), which is in the range of what I want.  It's 30,6,3,6 came out to 55 tickets, which is also reasonable.  I will definitely try them again at 99%.

I also found a 30,6,3,x at the La Jolla Covering Repository with 225 tickets, so I will try that one as well.

I did hear back from Gail Howard's people re: the Wheel Six Plus software - apparently it does have a 30,6,3,3 for 313 tickets (more tickets than CoverMaster) and a 30,6,3,6 for 46 tickets (a few less tickets than CoverMaster).  So, overall not really worth spending the money on it for me.

Someone also suggested LottoArchitect via PM - it does have a couple of 30,6,3,x abbreviated wheels according to it's documentation, but none are substantially less tickets than CoverMaster or La Jolla that I can see, and it's much less intuitive than CoverMaster if all I want to do is generate/display a wheel.

Thanks again, all!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3112 Posts
          Posted: July 22, 2010, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the tip.  CoverMaster's optimized 30,6,3,3 came out to 287 tickets (at 100%), which is in the range of what I want.  It's 30,6,3,6 came out to 55 tickets, which is also reasonable.  I will definitely try them again at 99%.

I also found a 30,6,3,x at the La Jolla Covering Repository with 225 tickets, so I will try that one as well.

I did hear back from Gail Howard's people re: the Wheel Six Plus software - apparently it does have a 30,6,3,3 for 313 tickets (more tickets than CoverMaster) and a 30,6,3,6 for 46 tickets (a few less tickets than CoverMaster).  So, overall not really worth spending the money on it for me.

Someone also suggested LottoArchitect via PM - it does have a couple of 30,6,3,x abbreviated wheels according to it's documentation, but none are substantially less tickets than CoverMaster or La Jolla that I can see, and it's much less intuitive than CoverMaster if all I want to do is generate/display a wheel.

Thanks again, all!

That GH 30,6,3,6=46 is likely split.

Don't take that CM 30,6,3,6=55 as absolute.  Try saving if you want to recover the last best wheel, then try deleating a line and optimizing again, you can usually strip away a couple of more lines that way and still be at 100% and not split.  The final attempt will fail so the saved previous try will be the best.

BobP