Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA's Instant Games Getting Boring.

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 6 years ago by DoctorEw220.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
Yinzer Country, PA
United States
Member #4067
March 18, 2004
2741 Posts
Posted: July 27, 2010, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Is it me, or are PA's instant games starting to get boring.  It seems like they only offer the same game, just with different bells and whistles.  You match a number or get a symbol and win a prize.  Bingo and crossword games are nice, but even though you get a little fun and excitement, even if you lose, but they are getting old.  They need something like a Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, or a Price is Right game, or maybe some game that ties in with an online game.  Any other ideas?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22893 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2010, 1:18 am - IP Logged

I know what you  mean, they are boring. Same type of game, different colors..that's about it. They need some fresh imaginations in the design

department.

I do like the games with multiple ways to win....a bonus box, different symbols used for different prize levels, a number of different plays on one

ticket...etc.

Maybe they could use something instead of matching numbers...like match shapes or images...there was a leprechaun game awhile back, that

fella was kinda cheerful and it was fun seeing his smiling face on a ticket.

A game show ticket would be different. They seem to be stuck on simplicity. I'll still play, of course, but it would be nice to see some flair.

Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2010, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

One that I've seen in a few states is a monopoly one where you go across a game board and scratch off your prize.  Maybe other ones based on board games, like "Life" or "Chutes and Ladders", or maybe "Scrabble".  "Battleship" would work.  Maybe a "Mastermind" one where if you get all four right you win something.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Roslindale, MA
        United States
        Member #5377
        July 1, 2004
        135 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2010, 7:28 am - IP Logged

Is it me, or are PA's instant games starting to get boring.  It seems like they only offer the same game, just with different bells and whistles.  You match a number or get a symbol and win a prize.  Bingo and crossword games are nice, but even though you get a little fun and excitement, even if you lose, but they are getting old.  They need something like a Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, or a Price is Right game, or maybe some game that ties in with an online game.  Any other ideas?

Oddly enough, MA is about to offer a Price Is Right ticket - however it looks like just another match a number game (you'd think the least they could do is use a Plinko chip as a wild symbol, but nooooooo.......)

Yinzer Country, PA
          United States
          Member #4067
          March 18, 2004
          2741 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2010, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

They should do what PA did and offer more than one game on it, or maybe a plinko style game, where you just follow arrows until you reveal a prize.