Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does cake help you win??

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ttech10.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
bashley572's avatar - starwars14
West Side of Sunny Florida
United States
Member #55048
September 8, 2007
3371 Posts
Posted: July 27, 2010, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

The following is from the most recent winner (7/14) of $1,000,000.00 In New York.  She bought her winning scratch off ticket at the same store that 3 people won $26,000,000.00 on Mega a few weeks ago.

"Beard explained that, in a way, she owes her good fortune to the  Mega Millions winners who preceded her.  “I was at the winner event a few weeks ago at Price Chopper when those gentlemen received their big Lottery check.  I even tried a piece of their millionaire’s cake hoping their good fortune would rub off on me,” she said

So the question is - Does cake help you win ??? LOL

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    41988 Posts
    Posted: July 27, 2010, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

NO, The only thing cake will do is give you a big fat a$$.White Bounce

HyperBe Happy.

Monkey Butt, USA
      United States
      Member #54569
      August 23, 2007
      1124 Posts
      Posted: July 27, 2010, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

The following is from the most recent winner (7/14) of $1,000,000.00 In New York.  She bought her winning scratch off ticket at the same store that 3 people won $26,000,000.00 on Mega a few weeks ago.

"Beard explained that, in a way, she owes her good fortune to the  Mega Millions winners who preceded her.  “I was at the winner event a few weeks ago at Price Chopper when those gentlemen received their big Lottery check.  I even tried a piece of their millionaire’s cake hoping their good fortune would rub off on me,” she said

Only if you're in a contest to see who can keep the tonnage on the longest.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: July 27, 2010, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

Nobody makes cakes anymore, they make huge piles of frosting.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: July 27, 2010, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Cake should help someone win. Afterall, in baseball, one recipe for a successful game is a good batter.

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
            Member #1987
            August 5, 2003
            8968 Posts
            Posted: July 28, 2010, 1:01 am - IP Logged

Cake should help someone win. Afterall, in baseball, one recipe for a successful game is a good batter.

Yes joker17, a light fluffy batter that will give rise to a homerun! LOL HAHAHAHA AAAAAAH HA!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: July 28, 2010, 1:28 am - IP Logged

Yes joker17, a light fluffy batter that will give rise to a homerun! LOL HAHAHAHA AAAAAAH HA!

I don't know if you two are talking about the same thing but that was funny.   LOL

--Edmund Burke

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10390 Posts
                Posted: July 28, 2010, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

One of the tabloids once ran an article about jackpot winners having had an orange drink before playing their tickets.

Wade Boggs of baseball believed that every chicken had so many hits in it and ate chicken before every game. His wife said she knew more chicken recipes than any wife in baseball.

So maybe that cake was lucky!

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                  Member #1826
                  July 11, 2003
                  2645 Posts
                  Posted: July 28, 2010, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

I don't know. I don't care. Win or lose, I want some cake.

(insert signature here)

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #92330
                    June 5, 2010
                    887 Posts
                    Posted: July 28, 2010, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

Cake is on the grocery list and I'm about to head out to go shopping, I'll let you know later whether or not it helped.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                      NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3815 Posts
                      Posted: July 28, 2010, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

What about TWINKIES?  Do they count?

If I win a JP, I'm buyin a whole TRUNKLOAD of Twinkies!  Callup my gurlfren and say "Hey Sugarbabe! I'm commin on over! We own have us a time!'

Does Hostess even make or sell Twinkies anymore?

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: July 28, 2010, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

What about TWINKIES?  Do they count?

If I win a JP, I'm buyin a whole TRUNKLOAD of Twinkies!  Callup my gurlfren and say "Hey Sugarbabe! I'm commin on over! We own have us a time!'

Does Hostess even make or sell Twinkies anymore?

Yeah they still make em. My wife says they even make em in Strawberry flavor now.

You'd have to pay me to eat one though. What's that filling made out of, melted styrofoam cups?

I won't even eat that Cool Whip stuff after they said it's just whipped margarine or something. Yuk.

I like natural stuff.

--Edmund Burke

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #92330
                          June 5, 2010
                          887 Posts
                          Posted: July 29, 2010, 5:50 am - IP Logged

Cake is on the grocery list and I'm about to head out to go shopping, I'll let you know later whether or not it helped.

The cake didn't help. It sure was tasty though.