Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottrey Lines

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ttech10.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
addai1516's avatar - lib
Newyork City NY / westland michigan
United States
Member #93153
June 23, 2010
4087 Posts
Posted: July 29, 2010, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

Clerks got no respect for the gambler. Most of the time ,  when i go play the lottrey , i am almost waited on last although i am first in line. They prefer the take care of the non lottrey players first then the lottrey folks. Whats going on here ? are lottrey players not important customers too ?  They are making me mad  but have not said anything yet. They are pushing my buttons.  I do not want to disrespect anyone. One of these days am going to go off. I refuse to accept that the clerks are not getting paid from lottrey sales.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10347 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2010, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

Almost every place lottery tickets are sold is some other kind of business, not a lottery business. The tickets are sold as a sideline.

(I say almost everyplace because there was once a thread here on LP about a Lottery store in South Carolina).

We play mostly in grocery stores at the service counter and at convenience marts. In the grocery if somone is doing a money transfer and there's only one clerk working the counter we just go somewhere else.

A real good clerk will just run your tickets while a money transfer is going through, but a lot of them can only do one thing at a time.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

addai1516's avatar - lib
      Newyork City NY / westland michigan
      United States
      Member #93153
      June 23, 2010
      4087 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2010, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Almost every place lottery tickets are sold is some other kind of business, not a lottery business. The tickets are sold as a sideline.

(I say almost everyplace because there was once a thread here on LP about a Lottery store in South Carolina).

We play mostly in grocery stores at the service counter and at convenience marts. In the grocery if somone is doing a money transfer and there's only one clerk working the counter we just go somewhere else.

A real good clerk will just run your tickets while a money transfer is going through, but a lot of them can only do one thing at a time.

May be stores needs to review policies and inform customers about their policies. Do you understand what they are doing ? side lines don't work pretty well with many people including me. May be is time to quit playing the lottrey altogether ..

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: July 29, 2010, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

Clerks got no respect for the gambler. Most of the time ,  when i go play the lottrey , i am almost waited on last although i am first in line. They prefer the take care of the non lottrey players first then the lottrey folks. Whats going on here ? are lottrey players not important customers too ?  They are making me mad  but have not said anything yet. They are pushing my buttons.  I do not want to disrespect anyone. One of these days am going to go off. I refuse to accept that the clerks are not getting paid from lottrey sales.

I have never had a clerk pass me over for another customer even when I'm just buying lottery tickets. That's very rude. Maybe you should contact the managers of the store and tell them what the store clerks are doing to you.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
          Member #76986
          July 10, 2009
          8034 Posts
          Posted: July 29, 2010, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Step forward, look them in the eyes, and firmly say with a smile on your face,

"I'm next, thank you!"

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
            Texas
            United States
            Member #92330
            June 5, 2010
            887 Posts
            Posted: July 29, 2010, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

I have never had a clerk pass me over for another customer even when I'm just buying lottery tickets. That's very rude. Maybe you should contact the managers of the store and tell them what the store clerks are doing to you.

Yea I've never had one tell me to wait or anything and I've never seem them act annoyed or unhappy that I'm buying lottery tickets. They're usually pretty friendly about it.

The only time I've seen a lottery winner told to wait is this guy that had already held up the line for over 5 minutes getting a cashiers check (which took a while since their system is slow), turning in a PB type ticket, buying some scratch-offs, turning in a scratch-off and then finally wanted 50 Texas Two-Step tickets. While his tickets were being printed off the cashier opened the other register for the 10 or so customers waiting in line. Even though she could see the line forming and customers acting uneasy she never looked upset about the guy.

I don't see why they'd help others first since it's not like they get paid on commission of each candy bar or soda they sell, pushing buttons on the lottery machine are the same as doing it for any other item in there. If it's just one person then it's an issue with them and I'd complain to them or the manager. If everyone at the store does it I would take my business elsewhere.