Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Gail Howard info., circa 1991

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
wheeltowin's avatar - bee
Peoria IL
United States
Member #94520
July 21, 2010
63 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2010, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

The reason I started using GH's systems is because I read the book reviews on amazon, checked out her website and heard her mentioned here. Upfront investment around $70 for all of her books and I would have bought the software but it's not compatible with macs running firefox. I have been playing 30-100 picks per draw for the last 2 weeks (roughly in 5 draws each week) and have won about 1/2 as much as I have bet. Like I said earlier, way better results than quick picks for me personally. I tried back testing on paper only but found out I wasn't as driven to learn without my own cash on the line. I have a full wheel with my best 8 numbers and a balanced wheel with 24 numbers on tonights game at a cost of $100...that's how much I like her systems, anything that can give me an edge with past winners to back it up and has been around this long...I'm willing to try. BTW if anyones interested, 7 draws with no repeat numbers in IL little lotto.  Good luck all!

Luck is when opportunity knocks and you answer.

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2010, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

Gail Howard's stuff is....in my opinon, for newbies. It's a great introduction to the lottery if you know absolutely nothing about numbers.

Just because she doesn't play and win jackpots doesn't mean her information is not useful. Am I not going to buy tomatoes from a farmer because HE doesn't like them? No. I will buy them because I do.

BTW, "Steve Player" (which we all know is not a real person) supposedly suffered a heart attack according to his new monthly newsletter,LOL. While he was recovering someone "hacked" into his computer and got hold of his "research" for his newest system. But all's well that ends well. He survived the heart surgery, regained his research and.....whoopty do.....is now offering it to us lucky people for around 200 bucks.  Green laugh 

Peoria IL
      United States
      Member #94520
      July 21, 2010
      63 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2010, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Hey lottolaughs, yes I'm a newbie what do you mean about the numbers? Are you talking numerology, mathematics or string theory? I'm here to learn and I'm putting cash on the line to do it so please clarify.Confused

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7712 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2010, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Hey lottolaughs, yes I'm a newbie what do you mean about the numbers? Are you talking numerology, mathematics or string theory? I'm here to learn and I'm putting cash on the line to do it so please clarify.Confused

Hello wheeltowin! (great name :)

Maybe I said that wrong. Perhaps "lottery systems" or "wheeling" would have been better words instead of "numbers". If you know nothing about wheeling or how to chart some numbers then her stuff is great. If you already know about wheeling then you might want to skip the main guide and just get one of the actual wheeling books. Her "smart picks" usually aren't so smart. 

Peoria IL
          United States
          Member #94520
          July 21, 2010
          63 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2010, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

I have a theory about Gail, she says in her books that she has won multiple times but never a jackpot. I think it's a question of being too close to the answer to see the problem. (screen name not so original but when I signed up me and Jose quervo were having a lengthy discussion and he was winning the argument).

Sunny California
            United States
            Member #40295
            May 31, 2006
            7712 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2010, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

I have a theory about Gail, she says in her books that she has won multiple times but never a jackpot. I think it's a question of being too close to the answer to see the problem. (screen name not so original but when I signed up me and Jose quervo were having a lengthy discussion and he was winning the argument).

That could very well be it. You know the old adage,"Those who can't do.....teach." I think that suits her well just as,I'm sure, many other people who write lottery systems. Just because they can't win themselves doesn't mean YOU won't. It's all in the timing! Thumbs UpPlus if you put your own spin on the "problems" you can correct them and make your own winning system.

Peoria IL
              United States
              Member #94520
              July 21, 2010
              63 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2010, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Night lottolaughs, I'm a 3rd shifter and it's past my bedtime. Thanks for responding and have a good one! Hopefully when I wake up I'll be able to call in RICH...Bed

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10354 Posts
                Posted: August 2, 2010, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

The reason I started using GH's systems is because I read the book reviews on amazon, checked out her website and heard her mentioned here. Upfront investment around $70 for all of her books and I would have bought the software but it's not compatible with macs running firefox. I have been playing 30-100 picks per draw for the last 2 weeks (roughly in 5 draws each week) and have won about 1/2 as much as I have bet. Like I said earlier, way better results than quick picks for me personally. I tried back testing on paper only but found out I wasn't as driven to learn without my own cash on the line. I have a full wheel with my best 8 numbers and a balanced wheel with 24 numbers on tonights game at a cost of $100...that's how much I like her systems, anything that can give me an edge with past winners to back it up and has been around this long...I'm willing to try. BTW if anyones interested, 7 draws with no repeat numbers in IL little lotto.  Good luck all!

Since you specifically picked out the Illinois Little Lottto, go to the Pick 5 Forum, Illinois Little Lotto Jackpots 2010, see what wins most of the time.

The first page has the results for 2008 and 2009, or you can search those threads also to track the results drawing by drawing.

Persoanlly, especially considering Pick 5 jackp[ots, I'd rather throw a buck or two a draw at it, or maybe $1 per $100,000 when it starts getting pumped (It's been over $1,000,000) than to consistently bet $30 to $100 to get $15 to $50 back, if that.

Plus, as been often said here by myself and others, most lower tier prizes go right back into the lottery and the lottery is well aware of that.

Like I said, this booklet is circa 1991 and there's a few methods of play in there where she says if you do this your ticket will be "doomed to fail" and you can see that violated about every third or fourth draw.

One of the things she suggests "or you'll be doomed to fail" is to take the matrix, divide it by two, and multiply that by six, and that's the high end for the total of your numbers (Pick 6). That just isn't true. Sure, the total of the drawing will fall in that range often, but it will also total way beyond that range.

The only real "doomed to fail" in lotto is depelting all your $$$ trying to prove a system.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                  Member #68002
                  December 10, 2008
                  477 Posts
                  Posted: August 3, 2010, 12:37 am - IP Logged

LOTTOLAUGHS

Your  absolutely right about that the Smart Picks aren't so smart so I developed my own method for selecting numbers and just use her analysis charts which are VERY helpful.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                    Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    3104 Posts
                    Posted: August 5, 2010, 4:56 am - IP Logged

For many players money is the primary motivation behind learning how to work with lottery systems and software.  Not to be confused with greed, we want to provide nice things for our families.  When enough money appears the need to win goes away.  This is what I think happened to GH, once she made enough selling systems she no longer had the pressing need to win.  Doesn't need to invest more then five dollars a draw to keep a hand in the game, has a business to run.   Nothing wrong with the GH stuff, basic building blocks of lottery information.

BobP

United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10354 Posts
                      Posted: August 5, 2010, 11:18 am - IP Logged

For many players money is the primary motivation behind learning how to work with lottery systems and software.  Not to be confused with greed, we want to provide nice things for our families.  When enough money appears the need to win goes away.  This is what I think happened to GH, once she made enough selling systems she no longer had the pressing need to win.  Doesn't need to invest more then five dollars a draw to keep a hand in the game, has a business to run.   Nothing wrong with the GH stuff, basic building blocks of lottery information.

BobP

BobP,

That's not what the info. in the OP sounds like to me, read the bolded:

Howard left thebrokerage business in 1983 to concentrate exculsively on lotteyhandicapping, and to publish her lotterynewsletter. She used to playregularly herself and had a 12 month winning streak in 1984 and 1985,during which she won 72 lottery prizes.

But now, she says, her handucapping chores take up to 18 hours daily, and she rarely has time to buy a ticket.

That's why I've been saying follow the money trail and think about where the real money is, in playing, or selling information telling others how to play.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                        Member #68002
                        December 10, 2008
                        477 Posts
                        Posted: August 5, 2010, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

Who cares!!! if you don't like what there selling then don't buy it  if it's too  hard for a player  too hit the numbers  then don't play,many people find the information that is available free or purchased very useful I do I buy stuff a lot BUT!! only if  the info is  useful and informative

United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10354 Posts
                          Posted: August 5, 2010, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Who cares!!! if you don't like what there selling then don't buy it  if it's too  hard for a player  too hit the numbers  then don't play,many people find the information that is available free or purchased very useful I do I buy stuff a lot BUT!! only if  the info is  useful and informative

LotteryTechInc,

You really see credibility in someone "handicapping" the lottery to tell others what to play while "Rarely having ttime" to play themself?

Lep

Hongkong076's avatar - 059
                            Roscoe, IL
                            United States
                            Member #95154
                            August 4, 2010
                            9 Posts
                            Posted: August 5, 2010, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss,

of course a person is going to make more money selling info on how or what to play. credability is up to the indivdual to decide, Thanks for the topic I had never hears of Gail Howard.

I've got dog treats, come and get em!!!!!

United States
                              Member #68002
                              December 10, 2008
                              477 Posts
                              Posted: August 5, 2010, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

COIN TOSS 

It's not a big deal at least not for me a lot of the Lottery Software I purcahse is not used by the developers but I've  hit  using several of my programs in the daily games remember me saying that if  I FIND the info useful and informative I'll buy it? well if I see software  that can  assist me in handicapping the game cause it has good analysis charts and filters then I'm gonna buy it also.I don't care if the person that created the  system or developed the  software ever used it themselves that's NOT why I BUY lottery tools I buy them based on whether it's capable of helping me hit the numbers.Now I will admit a LOT of the lottery tools out there aren't worth buying but that's where  insight,knowledge and caution comes  into play so your not getting hosed which  I WILL admit I have had that happen when I first got started.