Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The PA Lottery Daily Number (Evening)

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jimmy4164.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

How many HITS will a Straight Bet of the Previous Day's Winning Number produce over 33.4 years?

None [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
1 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
3 [ 2 ]  [16.67%]
6 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
12 [ 8 ]  [66.67%]
24 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
100 [ 2 ]  [16.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 12 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #93947
July 10, 2010
2180 Posts
Posted: August 3, 2010, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

This Poll is related to my most recent Reply to my Thread, Fooled by Randomness, in the Lottery Systems Forum.  In my time zone(EDT), this post was at 10:16 PM, Tuesday, 08/03/2010.

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
    LAS VEGAS
    United States
    Member #47729
    November 22, 2006
    4590 Posts
    Posted: August 4, 2010, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

This Poll is related to my most recent Reply to my Thread, Fooled by Randomness, in the Lottery Systems Forum.  In my time zone(EDT), this post was at 10:16 PM, Tuesday, 08/03/2010.

Jimmy,

Good book recommendation by Taleb & rteasonable base base line working stats.

Note Bene:                                                                                                                                        All extreme streaks can be outrun & you have made predictably reasonable highly likely point of certainty....

"Trees don't grow to heaven"                                                                                                          ~Old but Wises Wall St Market Speculation Expression on the limits of extremes

Super computers will enhance prediictions considerably, don't you think???

Best of best wishes for success with the chase >>>>

EddessaKnight Sun Smiley

United States
      Member #93947
      July 10, 2010
      2180 Posts
      Posted: August 4, 2010, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy,

Good book recommendation by Taleb & rteasonable base base line working stats.

Note Bene:                                                                                                                                        All extreme streaks can be outrun & you have made predictably reasonable highly likely point of certainty....

"Trees don't grow to heaven"                                                                                                          ~Old but Wises Wall St Market Speculation Expression on the limits of extremes

Super computers will enhance prediictions considerably, don't you think???

Best of best wishes for success with the chase >>>>

EddessaKnight Sun Smiley

I hear your warning EddessaKnight.  Wink

But when 3 trees have pierced the clouds, one is faced with a dillema, which can be expensive to resolve.

Regardless: I still think it will all "come out in the wash."  Smile

Supercomputers in this arena?  Overkill, I think.  Today's PCs would have been supercomputers to early UNIVAC users.  Besides, to me it's kind of a moot point.

--Jimmy

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7344 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2010, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

The probability is should happen once every 1000 drawings so I choose 12.

United States
          Member #93947
          July 10, 2010
          2180 Posts
          Posted: August 7, 2010, 2:24 am - IP Logged

The probability is should happen once every 1000 drawings so I choose 12.

Thanks Stack47,

There must be an easy way to close out your Poll, but I don't see the links or any promising items in the drop down menus.  I don't remember any instructions about this when I set it up either.  I know I'll be embarressed when somebody opens my eyes, but I'll deal with it!

Any hints?

I'm ready to announce the results of this Poll and move ahead.

--Jimmy

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
            light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: August 7, 2010, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

i could not vote in the poll,  because there wasn't a designation that fit what i think best represents the question...

to me, even after a protracted out "33.4 years",  there is no way a person could predict,   or even ballpark "how many times"  because of the randomness factor. 

"can" it repeat?   yes.

will it repeat?   maybe,  yes,  no,  someday,  many times,  once,  twice .......are all valid responses,   because no one knows when something is "due".

the more time somethings extracted out as a possibility,  the better "chance" it could,  but being "due" and or "repeatable"  means any number of times is pure luck and a "guess".

so my answer to the above poll is "all of the above,  or maybe none"

if someone says "12",   and in 33.4 years i am still above ground and have any semblance of a bank account,  i will buy them a yoo hoo and say job well done.........(or they could admit it was just a guess)

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7344 Posts
              Posted: August 7, 2010, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Stack47,

There must be an easy way to close out your Poll, but I don't see the links or any promising items in the drop down menus.  I don't remember any instructions about this when I set it up either.  I know I'll be embarressed when somebody opens my eyes, but I'll deal with it!

Any hints?

I'm ready to announce the results of this Poll and move ahead.

--Jimmy

How many times did the same three digits repeat in the next drawing?

United States
                Member #93947
                July 10, 2010
                2180 Posts
                Posted: September 4, 2010, 2:32 am - IP Logged

How many times did the same three digits repeat in the next drawing?

08/15/2010
                http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/218174/1743213

08/16/2010
                http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/218174/1744224

08/26/2010
                http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/218174/1754446