Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

why do bad things happen to good people or the innocent

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
columbus, GA
United States
Member #67676
December 2, 2008
2870 Posts
Posted: August 5, 2010, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

i have several schools of thought on this, but to me sometimes i do not comprehend it, is it God has something better for them, give your thoughts on this one of the major things that happened to me in my life was when my mom died, pain, still have alot of pain she had so much she wanted to do but died at the age of 53, the only thing i can say that out of this tragedy is that i learned to be a better person, to reach out to help, i turned my life around, she would be proud of me now, but y did her death have to happen, for this to come about what is my purpose in the grand scheme of things will i be a helper to all my field involves taking care of people. I  truly care for them, its funny how nos work because they will show up not only in dreams but tragedys as well. i was brought to tears about the school  us accident, natale from alabama  ect.....I think this is one of the questions people ask theirselves why?????? any thoughts on this?

LEELEESMOMMY's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
    NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #66834
    November 8, 2008
    432 Posts
    Posted: August 5, 2010, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

i have several schools of thought on this, but to me sometimes i do not comprehend it, is it God has something better for them, give your thoughts on this one of the major things that happened to me in my life was when my mom died, pain, still have alot of pain she had so much she wanted to do but died at the age of 53, the only thing i can say that out of this tragedy is that i learned to be a better person, to reach out to help, i turned my life around, she would be proud of me now, but y did her death have to happen, for this to come about what is my purpose in the grand scheme of things will i be a helper to all my field involves taking care of people. I  truly care for them, its funny how nos work because they will show up not only in dreams but tragedys as well. i was brought to tears about the school  us accident, natale from alabama  ect.....I think this is one of the questions people ask theirselves why?????? any thoughts on this?

I think that everyone's life has a different journey - God makes no mistakes - while we may not understand it in the physical He never gives you a burden that you cannot handle - and if he put you through it he will pull you through it..  I try and think about life a on-going Bible of sorts with many parables and testimonies of God's goodness and grace. I don't believe that the Holy books ends it continues with each person writing a chapter - some of our chapters will be lessons which others need to learn from, some are lessons we need to learn from and others are things that God just has decided that WE AS CHRISTIANS must go through - without testimony and redemption what would we be as a people.

I have a friend who lost her husband while pregnant with her 6th baby and she finds herself as a widow of 6 at 35 - devastating  - words cannot even express the heartache she must have felt and continues to feel to this day -but with God she has to lean on the understanding that IT IS HIS WILL.  That is the only way I get through the troubled  times and the stories that just make you belly ache and cry because of the devastation.

Just my opinion

7981  7098  9681  2910  1089  9760

012 032 213 .... Let's get this money!!

columbus, GA
      United States
      Member #67676
      December 2, 2008
      2870 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2010, 1:42 am - IP Logged

I think that everyone's life has a different journey - God makes no mistakes - while we may not understand it in the physical He never gives you a burden that you cannot handle - and if he put you through it he will pull you through it..  I try and think about life a on-going Bible of sorts with many parables and testimonies of God's goodness and grace. I don't believe that the Holy books ends it continues with each person writing a chapter - some of our chapters will be lessons which others need to learn from, some are lessons we need to learn from and others are things that God just has decided that WE AS CHRISTIANS must go through - without testimony and redemption what would we be as a people.

I have a friend who lost her husband while pregnant with her 6th baby and she finds herself as a widow of 6 at 35 - devastating  - words cannot even express the heartache she must have felt and continues to feel to this day -but with God she has to lean on the understanding that IT IS HIS WILL.  That is the only way I get through the troubled  times and the stories that just make you belly ache and cry because of the devastation.

Just my opinion

hi leeleesmommy, i believe more and more ea day that the people we meet are not a coincidence, wether good or bad they come into your life for a reason, sometimes just a season,it makes us stronger, makes me appreciate life more, than ever cherish those that u love dont wait for the end,start now! Life is too short.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2010, 4:00 am - IP Logged

Your answers come at a time not of your choosing. They may have come already and you may have rejected them.

Recall your waking moments and things you may have dismissed. When you heard yourself talking and it awakened you to a fleeting moment of clarity.

There it was DG, that was it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke