Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Time

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 6 years ago by HoLeeKau.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
Pittsburg, Ks
United States
Member #3382
January 17, 2004
81000 Posts
Posted: August 7, 2010, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

Does your lottery retailer start selling PB MM and even P3 tickets? I go to a convient store around 5:30 am  or a little after and ask for a PB and some of the clerks say they can't sell me PB or MM or anthing else I would like including P3 until 6 am. I asked the clerk if he was old enough to sell them but I was told only managers can sell before 6 am. Now to be fair I haven't asked any of the other stores where I sometimes buy my lottery tickets coz we have a grocery store which won't sell lottery tickets until 7 am and 8 am on Sunday

God Bless America

US Flag

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: August 7, 2010, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

I have all the little pamphlets for all the Tennessee games and as would be expected from the Tennessee Lottery, they don't tell you squat.

Must be classified.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: August 7, 2010, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

The machines have an online and offline period.

Years ago before I had a computer, I would get my results at work in the night draw, when Florida only had one eve draw and no midday. I found out that after a certain time walking into a convenient store, like 11:00 PM or so, the machines were off-line and the clerk had no way to tell me what the winning number was for that night. So I'm figuring they don't turn back on until 6:00 Am, or some other time depending what state is involved.

Pittsburg, Ks
        United States
        Member #3382
        January 17, 2004
        81000 Posts
        Posted: August 7, 2010, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

The machines have an online and offline period.

Years ago before I had a computer, I would get my results at work in the night draw, when Florida only had one eve draw and no midday. I found out that after a certain time walking into a convenient store, like 11:00 PM or so, the machines were off-line and the clerk had no way to tell me what the winning number was for that night. So I'm figuring they don't turn back on until 6:00 Am, or some other time depending what state is involved.

i don't know about the rest of Kansas but the city I am in doesn't have lottery machines and I am glad it doesn't. i always have the tendency to kick machines but learnt my lesson after kicking the stamp machine that had an alarm and I did hurt my footThinking of...

God Bless America

US Flag

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: August 7, 2010, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

i don't know about the rest of Kansas but the city I am in doesn't have lottery machines and I am glad it doesn't. i always have the tendency to kick machines but learnt my lesson after kicking the stamp machine that had an alarm and I did hurt my footThinking of...

I'm writing about terminals at the store. Those machines....lol

Pittsburg, Ks
            United States
            Member #3382
            January 17, 2004
            81000 Posts
            Posted: August 7, 2010, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

I'm writing about terminals at the store. Those machines....lol

Oh, those machines. I had to look up lottery terminal coz I  had it in my feeble  mind it was similar to a stamp machineUnhappy

God Bless America

US Flag

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: August 7, 2010, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Oh, those machines. I had to look up lottery terminal coz I  had it in my feeble  mind it was similar to a stamp machineUnhappy

They keep them terminal machines up on the counter cuz they're harder to kick that way.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: August 7, 2010, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

They keep them terminal machines up on the counter cuz they're harder to kick that way.

This Wheeler person means well, but something is not right. I can't put my finger on it....lol

pattyk's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                  Williamstown, NY
                  United States
                  Member #82142
                  November 7, 2009
                  335 Posts
                  Posted: August 7, 2010, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

In NY, the terminals can be turned on anytime after 5:30AM--some retailers won't turn theirs on until they've changed their business day. That's why at some places, you might be able to get tickets after 5:30AM, or wait until at least 7:00AM.--As far as when the terminals shut down, they automatically shut down by 12:00AM, but some retailers shut theirs down earlier.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #94283
                    July 17, 2010
                    2284 Posts
                    Posted: August 8, 2010, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Idaho used to shut down their machines at night, I think around 10 pm and they didn't turn them back on till 8 am.  Bummer for the people who stopped for coffee or gas before work and couldn't buy their ticket.  Luckily now they turn them off on draw night 5 or 10 minutes before the draw, then back on 5 or 10 minutes after the draw.  I love being able to get my tickets anytime I want.