Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's your poison?

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 6 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
wheeltowin's avatar - bee
Peoria IL
United States
Member #94520
July 21, 2010
63 Posts
Posted: August 8, 2010, 9:53 am - IP Logged

I see that a large part of the players here are on the pick 3/4 games and then mega and powerball. So to some maybe it's the odds that determine thier game of choice and to others the jackpot amount? I went thru a phase playing multiple, same tickets on pick 3 (because of the odds, and no taxes on wins) where I thought spending $10 a day was huge. Now I'm playing little lotto and don't bat an eye over $50 a draw if I feel I have a good shot at 100k+. Maybe this should be a poll? Anyway, I'm either well on my way to a true gambling addiction or I'm not good enough to consistantly guess a low odds game with a low jackpot. Honestly for me, 100 grand would build my house and gardens, get me off the grid and NOT working for anyone but myself and out of the system. As you can guess, I'm a pick 5 of 39 player, I just don't see a lot of interest in the pick 5 catagory.

Luck is when opportunity knocks and you answer.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5592 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2010, 10:05 am - IP Logged

I play mostly jackpot games just because I want to retire so bad. I do play P4 and once in a while P3. I play Tx Cash 5 on and off, but I don't like it that much because the odds are really high (435897 to 1) for a jackpot that MIGHT hit 25K. And it's parimutuel. AND it doesn't grow if no one hits. It just sucks.

I used to play $40 or $50 a day on P3, and did ok, but it was too much work to win a few bucks. Now I play $20 to $30 a week, and I think that's too much, but, can't help myself.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
      Illinois
      United States
      Member #82001
      November 3, 2009
      890 Posts
      Posted: August 8, 2010, 10:07 am - IP Logged

I see that a large part of the players here are on the pick 3/4 games and then mega and powerball. So to some maybe it's the odds that determine thier game of choice and to others the jackpot amount? I went thru a phase playing multiple, same tickets on pick 3 (because of the odds, and no taxes on wins) where I thought spending $10 a day was huge. Now I'm playing little lotto and don't bat an eye over $50 a draw if I feel I have a good shot at 100k+. Maybe this should be a poll? Anyway, I'm either well on my way to a true gambling addiction or I'm not good enough to consistantly guess a low odds game with a low jackpot. Honestly for me, 100 grand would build my house and gardens, get me off the grid and NOT working for anyone but myself and out of the system. As you can guess, I'm a pick 5 of 39 player, I just don't see a lot of interest in the pick 5 catagory.

I am a short and long term player. I play pick 3 (fun money) because you can mulitply your winnings and has best odds other than raffle. I am with you on little lotto, it is not a life saver that why I do multidraw on pick 5 lotto (retirement money).

It is a scary possibility that you can lose your job in this bad economy so got to have a backup plan. And with the budget mess in IL, if you win better take the money and run!

Peoria IL
        United States
        Member #94520
        July 21, 2010
        63 Posts
        Posted: August 8, 2010, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Hope is the best 4 letter word there is in the english language,

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #22395
          September 24, 2005
          1583 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2010, 11:03 am - IP Logged

"I went thru a phase playing multiple, same tickets on pick 3 (because of the odds, and no taxes on wins)"

Just to clear this up...there is, ALWAYS, LEGALLY, tax issues on wins.  If a person does not report them and just takes the cash, that is a different story.  It's true that they don't make you fill out forms under $600.  But you are not relieved of the tax burden if there is one.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10348 Posts
            Posted: August 8, 2010, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

wheeltowin.

" Now I'm playing little lotto and don't bat an eye over $50 a draw if I feel I have a good shot at 100k+."

Personally I think that's a little strong for that game. The most common jackpot payout is $175,000to a solo winner, but there are shared jackpots. I think the most winners for one draw have been five or six, but it does happen.

The odds are lower than Pcik 6 and 5 + 1 games, but by no means are they "low".

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2010, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

Now I'm playing little lotto and don't bat an eye over $50 a draw if I feel I have a good shot at 100k+......Honestly for me, 100 grand would build my house and gardens, get me off the grid and NOT working for anyone but myself and out of the system.

Most pick5 games are becoming daily games.  If you saved $50 a day for five years, you would be pretty close to having a 100 grand.  Do you think you going to win a pick5 game in less time?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NASHVILLE, TENN
                United States
                Member #33372
                February 20, 2006
                1044 Posts
                Posted: August 8, 2010, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

I agree that there is a dearth of information on this site about the P5 games.  I wish there were more.

The reason I track the Georgia Cash 5 is for the information that game provides.  Being ball drop, the game is much more fair than a RNG.  At least being ball drop the player is fighting randomness while with RNG the player is fighting randomness and the whim of the employee publishing the winning numbers.

And should I break through the mystical barrier and find a profitable algorithym, the algorithym will apply to all ball drop games.  That includes PowerBall, Mega, and several states.

United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10348 Posts
                  Posted: August 8, 2010, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Now I'm playing little lotto and don't bat an eye over $50 a draw if I feel I have a good shot at 100k+......Honestly for me, 100 grand would build my house and gardens, get me off the grid and NOT working for anyone but myself and out of the system.

Most pick5 games are becoming daily games.  If you saved $50 a day for five years, you would be pretty close to having a 100 grand.  Do you think you going to win a pick5 game in less time?

Good point, RJOh.

Along with that, $50 a draw is $1,000 ever 20 days.

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                    Northern Virginia
                    United States
                    Member #83350
                    December 5, 2009
                    1315 Posts
                    Posted: August 8, 2010, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

I seldom play anymore, but when I do it is the Pick-3 and Pick-4. There are a couple reasons.

- Birthdays / date combinations - the whole reason I have an interest in the lottery in the first place.  

- I pay more attention to these games. 

- When I decide to play, it could be because of something such as two license plates with the exact same number next to each other, or the same 3-digit number appearing twice on a dollar bill. I can't really play larger-prize games using these kinds of numbers.

- Jackpot games have terrible lower-tier prizes.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Peoria IL
                      United States
                      Member #94520
                      July 21, 2010
                      63 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2010, 4:19 am - IP Logged

I am NOT playing $50 every draw, just when there is a big bias that I might be able to exploit. But you are right and I have my own way of covering my bases, whatever I gamble I also stash away.  I really enjoy trying to figure out or beat the system though. I have also bought 9 wooded acres and had the house pad and driveway cleared. Next step I'm saving for is the well and septic system. Some folks have kids and raise families, go for promotions in jobs they detest and are happy to "pay thier fair share" to a corrupt government. I prefer to figure out the best way to get myself out of this matrix, not trying to make this political because that's not why I joined this site. Like many others here, I sincerely believe there is a way under, around or thru any obstacle! Patriot

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: August 9, 2010, 7:53 am - IP Logged

I agree that there is a dearth of information on this site about the P5 games.  I wish there were more.

The reason I track the Georgia Cash 5 is for the information that game provides.  Being ball drop, the game is much more fair than a RNG.  At least being ball drop the player is fighting randomness while with RNG the player is fighting randomness and the whim of the employee publishing the winning numbers.

And should I break through the mystical barrier and find a profitable algorithym, the algorithym will apply to all ball drop games.  That includes PowerBall, Mega, and several states.

When you think about it, PB and MM are pick5 games with a bonus number drawing and there's plenty of LP members talking about what they doing to win them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10348 Posts
                          Posted: August 9, 2010, 9:52 am - IP Logged

When you think about it, PB and MM are pick5 games with a bonus number drawing and there's plenty of LP members talking about what they doing to win them.

Yes, PB and MM are actually two lotteries in one game, in a sense, but compared to a Pick 5 compare the size of the top matrix on each to the Pick 5 games.

As far as we know no one is making a living beating a 5/39, let alone a 5/56 or 5/59.

Lep

Buford. GA
                            United States
                            Member #4
                            April 19, 2001
                            853 Posts
                            Posted: August 9, 2010, 11:23 am - IP Logged

I buy 20 ($1) scratchoffs here in Georgia every Saturday after 12pm

and have for 159 weeks straight. When I'm on vacation as I do often,

I have 2 friends who will buy them for me. I am $1922 in theRED to date,

but its fun as I am with several friends and we have a great time for almost

2 hrs...just a stress free time for us. White Bounce

"as long as you win more than you lose...gamblins' not a problem"

sully16's avatar - sharan
                              Ringleader
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #81740
                              October 28, 2009
                              40394 Posts
                              Posted: August 9, 2010, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

3 digit , raffles and powerball....Banana

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"