Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NC Raffle ( i don't understand how the raffle works )

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 6 years ago by HoLeeKau.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #95340
August 8, 2010
3 Posts
Posted: August 8, 2010, 10:28 am - IP Logged

Hello...1st post for me...in NC there is a cash splash raffle that ends in sept. & there are multiple prizes but only 1 drawing...that is my ?...the CASH 5 for instance, it draws 5 #'s and if you get 2 or more you are a winner...is that also how the / a raffle works...i guess why i am confused is because according to the statistics they already "know" there will be 3 million$ winner and so many after that...sorry for the confusing post in advance...thanks

United States
    Member #95340
    August 8, 2010
    3 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2010, 10:53 am - IP Logged

ok...maybe i should re-phrase...if each ticket contains 1 unique # and there is only one drawing then how can there be multiple winners of the same prize & multiple winners of other prizes?

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #94283
      July 17, 2010
      2284 Posts
      Posted: August 8, 2010, 11:04 am - IP Logged

They draw the same number of ticket combos as there are prizes, and each one has a prize assigned to it.  So they draw 14598 first, it's the grand prize, then they draw another number, say 56987 and it's the next prize, and so on.  If they're giving away 250 prizes, they draw 250 combinations, and each is a winner.

United States
        Member #95340
        August 8, 2010
        3 Posts
        Posted: August 8, 2010, 11:10 am - IP Logged

thank you for the reply HoLeeKau...what you say makes sense...still, on web site it says there will only be 1 drawing...but i do understand now...thanks again!

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7297 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2010, 11:28 am - IP Logged

ok...maybe i should re-phrase...if each ticket contains 1 unique # and there is only one drawing then how can there be multiple winners of the same prize & multiple winners of other prizes?

In raffles they usually draw one number for every prize and your ticket can win any one of them. They will draw three numbers for the three $1 million prizes and continue to draw numbers until there is one number for each of the secondary prizes. They will publish the list of ticket numbers corresponding with each prize and if your number(s) match that prize, that's what you win.

The NC Lottery will sell tickets starting from 000001 to 500000. In the past most state lotteries determined a date for the drawing and held it even if they didn't sell all the tickets.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #94283
            July 17, 2010
            2284 Posts
            Posted: August 8, 2010, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

thank you for the reply HoLeeKau...what you say makes sense...still, on web site it says there will only be 1 drawing...but i do understand now...thanks again!

Yeah, I think that means they don't have drawings for a  few prizeseach week along the way, instead they wait till the end of the time they give you tobuy them, then they draw all of the ticket numbers at once.