Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

All for none and One for one

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 6 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
Member #5599
July 13, 2004
1192 Posts
Posted: August 9, 2010, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

Isn't amazing that there are so many LP members but no systematic team effort to win lotteries.

Everyone here is an untapped resource. Is it because we're all to greedy and want the wins all to ourselves? Is it because it's all our way or the highway for other systems? Is it just because nobody has found a way to pull us all together?

What's your take on all of this?

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

CB, Virginia
    United States
    Member #86202
    January 31, 2010
    37 Posts
    Posted: August 9, 2010, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

I think the team effort here is good. What would you like to see?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10392 Posts
      Posted: August 9, 2010, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

Isn't amazing that there are so many LP members but no systematic team effort to win lotteries.

Everyone here is an untapped resource. Is it because we're all to greedy and want the wins all to ourselves? Is it because it's all our way or the highway for other systems? Is it just because nobody has found a way to pull us all together?

What's your take on all of this?

Just how big of a team effort do you think it would be, and what do you think would happen to a jackpot split that many ways?

Even with Powerball and Mega Millions, consider what happens to a jackpot when a solo winner opts for cash, and then it's taxed.

The current member ship here is 95,424. Granted most are lurkers, but if even 1/100th of the membership went dibs on a jackpot winner it would be just like that scene in Bruce Almighty when everyone who yhad prayed to hit the lottery did, for $17. 

Scared

Now consider that despite the statisistics, no one can get people to agree on what hits more often, what's the best game to play, etc....

Any form of gambling is far better off as a solo endeavor.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
        Member #5599
        July 13, 2004
        1192 Posts
        Posted: August 9, 2010, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

I think the team effort here is good. What would you like to see?

Hi,

I was thinking along the lines of ...lets call it a workshop....say Mega Millions.

Maybe where people try to give thier best shot shot at getting one number correct and how they predicted it.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19901 Posts
          Posted: August 9, 2010, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Just how would this systematic team effort work?  Would it be a simulation of a lottery pool where all the picks would be posted on the prediction board and all the participants would share bragging rights if they had a big win?   Or, are you talking about a commitment in which real money would be used?

Personally I find it enjoyable to read about other members ideas and simulate them on the prediction board, but when it comes to backing an idea with real money, I prefer it be my own.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10392 Posts
            Posted: August 9, 2010, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I was thinking along the lines of ...lets call it a workshop....say Mega Millions.

Maybe where people try to give thier best shot shot at getting one number correct and how they predicted it.

Getting one number right doesn't pay (or pays $2 or $3 for the MM or PB), thus doesn't pass the "so what" test.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
              Member #5599
              July 13, 2004
              1192 Posts
              Posted: August 9, 2010, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

HI,

I don't have all the answers. That's why I put it up for discussion rather than just trying to start it up.

RJOh,

Maybe track it like what's happening with Maddogs challenge.  See who can get the most consistent results of getting one right.

Coin Toss,

Imagine 5 players who consistently get one number right (different numbers and different systems).

There might be a good possibility of wins for all.

Again, I don't have all the answers. Any idea that would pool the resources of the members in a constructive seems like a positive thing to me.

United States
                Member #85338
                January 13, 2010
                143 Posts
                Posted: August 12, 2010, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

One ticket whether I pick or a quick pick has the same chance.... I normally play a quick pick especially when I travel to another state and do an advanced draw.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19901 Posts
                  Posted: August 12, 2010, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

One ticket whether I pick or a quick pick has the same chance.... I normally play a quick pick especially when I travel to another state and do an advanced draw.

One ticket whether I pick or a quick pick has the same chance....

Same chance to do what?  That's a stock answer given by most every one because it been said so my times before they assume it wouldn't have been said unless it was correct.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

CA
                    United States
                    Member #84266
                    December 26, 2009
                    410 Posts
                    Posted: August 12, 2010, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Same chance to win.

frenchie's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
                      Los Angeles
                      United States
                      Member #75410
                      June 2, 2009
                      489 Posts
                      Posted: August 12, 2010, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

Hi JKING,

If someone would have a system to find ONE NUMBER RIGHT in the Mega Millions game that would left the total of combinations at a  maximum of 341 055 to deal with, meaning 3,478 761 would have been erase at one, not a bad thing !!! everything would depend on the position of that number which is very important for that kind a system.

Anyone has a system for that or ideas I'm open for it ?                                    Serge.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                        adelaide sa
                        Australia
                        Member #37136
                        April 11, 2006
                        3316 Posts
                        Posted: August 13, 2010, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

im thinking a large wheel that is usally to expensive for 1 person top play, people pick a section  of the wheel and play it others play other sections till the big, say guranteed 4 numbers  hit.  winner keeps his winnings but everyone could be happy in that they where part of the system.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318