Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you ever wonder...

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jrosina.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
CA
United States
Member #84266
December 26, 2009
410 Posts
Posted: August 11, 2010, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

When you check your tickets after or during the draw and you're disappointed that you didn't win, do you ever wonder what if you had bought just one more ticket? Or what if you had bought the ticket you decided not to buy?

Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #78798
    August 21, 2009
    336 Posts
    Posted: August 11, 2010, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

No. If I didnt win anything, then thats it. I didnt win thats all.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
      Texas
      United States
      Member #92330
      June 5, 2010
      887 Posts
      Posted: August 11, 2010, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

I think about it, yea, but it doesn't make me want to go out and buy more the next draw.

If that was the case then think about how much people would be spending. Also look at pools that spend $100+ and don't win. Goes to show you could easily spend more than the $5-$10 per drawing and still not get anything back.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
        Santa Ana
        United States
        Member #71159
        February 20, 2009
        651 Posts
        Posted: August 11, 2010, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

When you check your tickets after or during the draw and you're disappointed that you didn't win, do you ever wonder what if you had bought just one more ticket? Or what if you had bought the ticket you decided not to buy?

Yes, especially after checking the website to see that a Fantasy 5 ticket hit for $60,000 on 8/10/10 @ a liquor store in SA I just went to last week--it's all about timing and the "luck of the draw"!!Disapprove  I am certainly tired of missing out!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19901 Posts
          Posted: August 11, 2010, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

No, since I pick my own numbers I know what the next numbers were have been if I played more.  So far when I've checked them I found out I would have wasted even more money.

Usually the stores where I buy my tickets post if they sold a $1000 plus ticket which isn't often.  Other wise if I missed a chance to win less, maybe a $10 winner then I didn't lose much by not spending an extra $10 to win it.

If you're not winning anything then you are the norm, most time players win nothing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10392 Posts
            Posted: August 12, 2010, 12:04 am - IP Logged

No, not at all.

My most usual reaction is "darn", and then I say well I'm glad I'm just a one and two dollar player.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Baton Rouge, LA
              United States
              Member #4602
              May 7, 2004
              700 Posts
              Posted: August 12, 2010, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

No I do not.  The closest I've ever come to anything like that was when I bought tickets in May on my 9th wedding anniversary.  I came up with a set of numbers based on the day I got married and the fact I'd been married 9 years and bought a Powerball with Powerplay ticket.  It won $400.  If had had picked the number 10 instead of 9 as one of my numbers, it would have been $40,000.  I think about that sometimes, but am happy that I won all the same.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3316 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2010, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

one i had all 6 numbers just 1 number off, i was kinda peeved at lady luck that day

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                  Northern Virginia
                  United States
                  Member #83350
                  December 5, 2009
                  1322 Posts
                  Posted: August 13, 2010, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

I once played the lottery to throw away some $1 bills that I wanted to spend before going on vacation. I was playing several 25¢ wagers on the Virginia Cash 5 afternoon draw for Thursday, 13 July 2006. I checked my numbers and thought I had won $1.25 by matching 3 of 5 numbers, but then I saw that I was looking at the numbers for the night draw for Wednesday, 12 July 2006! I felt dismayed, but I got over it quickly. After all, it was just $1.25.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2010, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Smiley Hi Badboy, It is what it is, and I keep it moving!!!   I would respectfully advise you, not to do that to yourself, it's in the wouda coulda shouldah Family;  they are a negative group!  Dust yourself off keep it moving;  just say next!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina