Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New California Scratch-Off Odds

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 6 years ago by markaz.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
San Diego
United States
Member #94316
July 17, 2010
2 Posts
Posted: August 12, 2010, 1:50 am - IP Logged

Has anyone played "Millions in Cash" scratch off in California?  It says the odds of winning is 1 in 3.49 tickets.  I bought 9 tickets in one shot and they were ALL LOSERS !  How can that be?  Isn't there supposed to be at least 1 winner in 9 consecutive tickets if the odds are 1 in 3.49?

Concord, CA
    United States
    Member #91210
    May 12, 2010
    4 Posts
    Posted: August 15, 2010, 1:15 am - IP Logged

The most I have won is $40, but I don't buy 9 tickets in a row at the same place.  I go to different stores.  I have good luck at the instant machines at Safeway.

Karen

San Diego
      United States
      Member #94316
      July 17, 2010
      2 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2010, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Ya...I guess it's not wise to buy a bunch at a time.  I just bought 2 from Arco AmPm and had a free "Ticket" in it.  That's better than buying 9 and have all losers.  Thanks, Kclark3858.

Sacramento, CA
        United States
        Member #96354
        August 28, 2010
        159 Posts
        Posted: September 11, 2010, 2:20 am - IP Logged

I bought a couple of them a month ago. One "Ticket" winner, and one loser. There's something to the theory that certain stores have a higher number of winning tickets. A Safeway in Dublin I bought tickets at regularly had a good track record, and I could expect to win enough to cover the cost of the losers. Our local market, Bel Air, has been going downhill in that department. I bought a one thousand dollar winning "Tropical Cash" ticket there 5 years ago, and ever since then, it's been very....very spotty in the winning ticket category. One woman who works there is my "Jonah". Whenever she's on duty, I just cannot buy a winning scratcher. She also leaves many of the bins with the dreaded "OUT" word, or dash lined (feed malfunction) symbol. It's very disconcerting, and frustrating.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
          North Dakota
          United States
          Member #13397
          April 5, 2005
          1623 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2010, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

The overall odds are 1:3.49... There are a lot of tickets printed for each game.  Because they are printed at random... situations like this do happen.  There are also situations where you may find 2 or 3 winners back to back or back to back to back.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

markaz's avatar - Pandaavatar
            Peoria,AZ
            United States
            Member #98399
            October 6, 2010
            11 Posts
            Posted: October 6, 2010, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone played "Millions in Cash" scratch off in California?  It says the odds of winning is 1 in 3.49 tickets.  I bought 9 tickets in one shot and they were ALL LOSERS !  How can that be?  Isn't there supposed to be at least 1 winner in 9 consecutive tickets if the odds are 1 in 3.49?

Haven't played that game (I live in Arizona), but can give another example. I play only one $5 scratchers game simply because I enjoy playing it. It has overall odds of 1:3.66. I bought six (6) consecutive tickets last week and won zippo/nada/nothing. Two weeks ago I bought Six (6) in a row and won on five (5) of six (6) tickets for a total of $105. Whether it's Arizona, California or Kansas, it's all RANDOM. So in answer to your question, what gets printed when and where they are distributed are all random events....AT LEAST WE HOPE THAT'S THE WAY IT IS!!!!

Anaheim CA
              United States
              Member #99002
              October 18, 2010
              1 Posts
              Posted: October 18, 2010, 1:24 am - IP Logged

You have to understand the concept of the game since i am in california i will use this as an example

$3580TRIPLING CROSSWORD

this scratcher says to have 3.34 overall odds but you have to look at this

(I copied this from the CA lottery website)

Prize     Prizes Claimed  Prizes Available                              

$3580TRIPLING CROSSWORD
              $ 10021,915285
              $ 15018,228272
              $ 3007355
              $ 1,00036010
              $ 3,00035911
              $ 20,0001832

as you can see this game has already had alot of winners and only has a total of 585 winning tickets available.  As far as the 3.34 odds of winning those i assume are calculated with all winning tickets still available. Hope this helps any one

markaz's avatar - Pandaavatar
                Peoria,AZ
                United States
                Member #98399
                October 6, 2010
                11 Posts
                Posted: October 18, 2010, 7:21 am - IP Logged

Yep. the odds will always be as though all winners are available. You mean to tell me that the MINIMUM winner for this game is $100. No $3.00, $10.00, etc. winners? And one hundred eighty five (185) $20,000 winning tickets? Whoa!

Desperate people do desperate things.