Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Next New Lottery Changed my life

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Milwaukee, WI
United States
Member #3131
December 27, 2003
665 Posts
Posted: August 18, 2010, 3:57 am - IP Logged

Set your Tivo!

Aug 29, 10:00 pm
(60 minutes)

Remind Me
Lottery Changed My Life (Season 3) 
Island Dreamers 
TV-PG 

Meet the Island Dreamers, a group from Michigan whose 12.7 million-dollar win provided the independence they always dreamed of having. After a 56 million-dollar win in the Florida lottery, a doctor finds herself in a series of life-threatening events.
Aug 30, 1:00 am
(60 minutes)

Remind Me
Lottery Changed My Life (Season 3) 
Island Dreamers 
TV-PG 

Meet the Island Dreamers, a group from Michigan whose 12.7 million-dollar win provided the independence they always dreamed of having. After a 56 million-dollar win in the Florida lottery, a doctor finds herself in a series of life-threatening events.

Set

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: August 18, 2010, 4:56 am - IP Logged

I would love to be on that show so I could show them how I make moonshine back up in the mountains here and how all my neighbors make it too and...

On second thought I probably wouldn't wanna be on no dadgum show.

My life ain't very interesting no how. Never go out of the house. Ever. Never even been back in the woods here. Got no idea what even might be back there, if anything. If there was anything back there it wouldn't be mine cuz I ain't never been back there anyway. I don't even know who might be sneakin around in my woods doin who knows what or what they mighta built back there. I just know it ain't mine if there's anything built back there, that's for sure.

I wouldn't be dum enough to do anything illegal no how.

I wadn't born yesterday ya know.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Milwaukee, WI
      United States
      Member #3131
      December 27, 2003
      665 Posts
      Posted: August 18, 2010, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

I would love to be on that show so I could show them how I make moonshine back up in the mountains here and how all my neighbors make it too and...

On second thought I probably wouldn't wanna be on no dadgum show.

My life ain't very interesting no how. Never go out of the house. Ever. Never even been back in the woods here. Got no idea what even might be back there, if anything. If there was anything back there it wouldn't be mine cuz I ain't never been back there anyway. I don't even know who might be sneakin around in my woods doin who knows what or what they mighta built back there. I just know it ain't mine if there's anything built back there, that's for sure.

I wouldn't be dum enough to do anything illegal no how.

I wadn't born yesterday ya know.

Are you the one that Charlie Daniels sings about in The legend of Wooley Swamp is about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSM7voOCkU0

MarkP

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: August 18, 2010, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

Are you the one that Charlie Daniels sings about in The legend of Wooley Swamp is about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSM7voOCkU0

MarkP

The old man lived in the Wooley Swamp way back in Booger Woods. He never

did do a lot of harm in the world, but he never did do no good. People didn't

think too much of him. They all thought he acted funny. The old man didn't

care about people anyway. All he cared about was his money. He'd stuff it all

down in mason jars and he'd bury it all around. And on certain nights if the

moon was right he'd dig it up out of the ground. He'd pour it all out on the floor

of his shack and run his fingers through it. Yeah, Lucius Clay was a greedy old

man and that's all that there was to it.

But I couldn't believe it. I just had to find out for myself. And I couldn't conceive

it 'cause I never would have listened to nobody else. And I couldn't believe it.

I just had to find out for myself there's some things in this world you just can't

explain.

Cable boys was white trash. They lived over on Carver's Creek. They were

mean as a snake and sneaky as a cat and belligerent when they'd speak. One

night the oldest brother said, "Y'all meet me at the Wooley Swamp later. We'll

take old Lucius's money and we'll feed him to the alligators." They found the

old man out in the back with a shovel in his hand, thirteen rusty mason jars was

just dug up out of the sand. And they all went crazy and they beat the old man,

and they picked him up off of the ground. Threw him in the swamp and stood there

and laughed as the black water sucked him down. Then they turned around and

went back to the shack and picked up the money and ran. They hadn't gone

no where when they realized they were running in quicksand. And they struggled

and they screamed but they couldn't get away and just before they went under

they could hear that old man laughing in a voice as loud as thunder.

That guy? Nah, that weren't me. Them Cable boys sound kinda like the McNutts though.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10392 Posts
          Posted: August 21, 2010, 12:04 am - IP Logged

Thanks again for the heads up, markp1950.

I think when a ot of people watch these they get awed by the "bling", expensive cars, houses, etc. and miss things like on the last one when one of the winners said a complete stranger aksed him to pay for the $75,000 he charged on his credit cards for Christms presents.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10392 Posts
            Posted: August 30, 2010, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

This latest episode was pretty interesting. The group in Michigan, in the UP, that won the $12.7 million worked at a cafe in a small town. They opted for cash and got about $347,000 each.

The cafe they work in has a becah theme, as one of them mentioned the weather is often -20 so the cafe owner wanted to privdxce people with a different environment.

They seemed to be pretty level-heade with what they did with their winnings. Most of them made home repairs and a few bought vehicles better suited for the winter weather than what they had.

By the way, they each played $2 "computer picks" twice a week.

The female doctor in Miami that won $56,000,000 had one heck of a story. She was on a break at work and bought $6 worth of tickets (QPs also) at the hospital gift shop. Later on, word got out that the winning ticket had been bought there and the hospital was buzzing with "Who won it?"

The doctor admitted she didn't need the money but had been playing lotto for years. Well, when they found out she was the winner a lot of her co-workers resented it and said, "Why her? She doesn't need the money, I do."

She started getting threatening phone calls and someone tampered with the brakes on her car. After she realized that she moved to a gated community in Hollywood, Fl. and things got a little calmer.

She mentioned several times tht the win verified some things she believed, life is not fair and who wins the lottery is absolutely random.

After winning she had some rough times as when they traveled to NYC her husband needed a liver transplant.

She said life after the win has been a real roller coaster ride. She reduced her work to part time but still feels that being a pediatrician is her calling. She also said that having told her story about winning the lottery at least 500 to 1,000 times, she's writing a book about it.

It sounds like it might be a very interesting book.

Since we've got a thread about "Lucky stores" they shpwed a Mobil station on the Mass.-NH border that has sold a lot of winners and provides a lot of lottery info. One guy said, "Who needs Vegas when we have this.'

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.