Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

No Jackpot

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
Member #51269
April 3, 2007
529 Posts
Posted: August 19, 2010, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

You know, for all the tracking numbers, creating spreadsheets, filling out tickets and wheeling combinations, that jackpot just isn't coming (at least, that's how it looks).  For the vast majority of the games anyone here plays, there's at least 1 number missing from your set.  And until any of us solves that problem, winning the lottery is just a pipe dream.

I'm not aiming for that jackpot anymore.  My goal is multiple 4-number combos out of $50-$100 games, which I've done numerous times before.  Getting rich by consecutive buildup is just as good.

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: August 19, 2010, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Getting rich by consecutive buildup is just as good.

Great quote and very true! Thumbs Up

Monkey Butt, USA
      United States
      Member #54569
      August 23, 2007
      1124 Posts
      Posted: August 19, 2010, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

You know, for all the tracking numbers, creating spreadsheets, filling out tickets and wheeling combinations, that jackpot just isn't coming (at least, that's how it looks).  For the vast majority of the games anyone here plays, there's at least 1 number missing from your set.  And until any of us solves that problem, winning the lottery is just a pipe dream.

I'm not aiming for that jackpot anymore.  My goal is multiple 4-number combos out of $50-$100 games, which I've done numerous times before.  Getting rich by consecutive buildup is just as good.

The irony of life is when you least expect it, POW!!!! You've won. Just make sure that when it's your turn you have your ticket in your hot little hand. Lower tier win or jackpot win, either way you are a winner.

After watching the new episode of lottery changed my life, I strengthened my resolve to focus on the lower tier prizes. That way I don't have to worry about the nutzoids that creep out when the major jackpots are won.

The way I see it, if I win the lower tier prizes on a consistent basis I am in a perfect position to build my wealth quietly without the spotlight on me and those I care about.

You don't see the media trying to interview a $50 winner on pick 5 or a $5,000 winner on Pick 4. Heck you'll be lucky if someone deign to pop a can of silly string on your behalf if you win the jackpot on the TX Cash 5.

I believe your jackpot is waiting in the wings for the right moment. Keep wheeling away and congratulations on your ability to hit on the multiple 4-number combos. I look forward to hearing that you've refined your number selection down to the point that you only have to use no more than 5 combos per drawing.

I believe you'll be able to pull it off. After reading your posts on the pick 5 form (experiment 2007) I think you will master the power numbers and make a killing.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5593 Posts
        Posted: August 19, 2010, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

If your goal is to only hit smaller tier prizes, you would be better off playing P3 or P4 where the payoffs are similar but with much better odds. Nothing wrong with hitting a small prize on a jackpot game, but the jackpot is the goal for me.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Monkey Butt, USA
          United States
          Member #54569
          August 23, 2007
          1124 Posts
          Posted: August 19, 2010, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

If your goal is to only hit smaller tier prizes, you would be better off playing P3 or P4 where the payoffs are similar but with much better odds. Nothing wrong with hitting a small prize on a jackpot game, but the jackpot is the goal for me.

Pick 3 and Pick 4 reminds me of "One more bite won't hurt." It's only after you can't squeeze into your favorite pair of jeans you begin to realize the lie you told yourself. Playing pick 3 and pick 4 is more expensive than we realize. Twice a day and 6-7 days a week?

Noooooooo way.. I'll take the games like Cash 5, Two Step, Mega Million, PowerBall, Lotto and their lower tier prizes over P3 and P4.

Texas
            United States
            Member #1477
            May 7, 2003
            2311 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2010, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

I am on the hunt for the Two Step.    Have been terribly close numerous times and have had 3 of the 4 several times.   Often if don't get 3 of 4 I have the Bonus Ball. One time I nailed the BB on 11 tickets one night.   Only BB I played but have multiple 4 number combinations.   Now I have specially designed software to help me come up with combinations to play.

Would love to have 4 numbers on multiple tickets on regular basis.   Could build a nice pool of cash quickly.

CA
              United States
              Member #84266
              December 26, 2009
              410 Posts
              Posted: August 19, 2010, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

The jack pot is the big goal for me but winning lower tier prizes you get the advantage of not having to pay tax as long as it is under $600. I would not mind having a system that gives me 4+0 100% of the time. In fact I would prefer that solely for tax reasons.

Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5593 Posts
                Posted: August 19, 2010, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

I am on the hunt for the Two Step.    Have been terribly close numerous times and have had 3 of the 4 several times.   Often if don't get 3 of 4 I have the Bonus Ball. One time I nailed the BB on 11 tickets one night.   Only BB I played but have multiple 4 number combinations.   Now I have specially designed software to help me come up with combinations to play.

Would love to have 4 numbers on multiple tickets on regular basis.   Could build a nice pool of cash quickly.

Good luck. I did pretty good last year on this game, but this year has been tough.

Texas
                  United States
                  Member #1477
                  May 7, 2003
                  2311 Posts
                  Posted: August 19, 2010, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Good luck. I did pretty good last year on this game, but this year has been tough.

Came close again tonight on the Two Step.   Had the right idea.    11-14-16-20 BB 32 played.   I had 10-11-16-21, 10-15-16-21, 11-12-26-27 and 10-16-20-21.    Little off on the BB which was 32.   I was going with a PURE BB with 24 and 28.

United States
                    Member #51269
                    April 3, 2007
                    529 Posts
                    Posted: August 20, 2010, 3:31 am - IP Logged

Those games take too much work to track, since they go day and evening.  The ultimate goal is, of course, the jackpot, but I'm a realist.  There's a problem with the systems and I'm taking note and adjusting.  Those who don't adjust when new information comes in are doomed to failure.  This isn't something I've just noticed.  I've been studying for well over a year.

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #1477
                      May 7, 2003
                      2311 Posts
                      Posted: August 20, 2010, 3:42 am - IP Logged

Those games take too much work to track, since they go day and evening.  The ultimate goal is, of course, the jackpot, but I'm a realist.  There's a problem with the systems and I'm taking note and adjusting.  Those who don't adjust when new information comes in are doomed to failure.  This isn't something I've just noticed.  I've been studying for well over a year.

I've been tracking for over 15 years.   When first started had no computer, didn't even know how to use one and had no idea of any information or the amount of information available online should I get a computer.  I had to come up with ways to track on my own.  By the time I got online I had a well established tracking system in place and had to get personally designed software.

My newest software had I been able to determine the "perimeters" needed to set filters would have given me 4 sets of 4 number combinations to play on the Two Step 8-19-2010.   Would still have had to come up with Bonus Ball.

United States
                        Member #51269
                        April 3, 2007
                        529 Posts
                        Posted: August 20, 2010, 3:58 am - IP Logged

Exactly.  Always at least 1 number out.  How are you supposed to win the jackpot with that handicap?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19825 Posts
                          Posted: August 20, 2010, 8:17 am - IP Logged

The states set up all their games such that they keep half the money generated by sales so eventually the average player will pay the same amount to play regardless of which game he choose.  He just think he paying less because he can win less more often.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Texas
                            United States
                            Member #55889
                            October 23, 2007
                            5593 Posts
                            Posted: August 20, 2010, 8:42 am - IP Logged

Came close again tonight on the Two Step.   Had the right idea.    11-14-16-20 BB 32 played.   I had 10-11-16-21, 10-15-16-21, 11-12-26-27 and 10-16-20-21.    Little off on the BB which was 32.   I was going with a PURE BB with 24 and 28.

Not trying to stir the pot here, because I usually play my own numbers, but did you notice that 2 people won the 2 Step on QP's last night? One in San Antonio, one in Fort Worth.

That makes 20 jackpot winners this year, 16 of them QP's. LOL.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19825 Posts
                              Posted: August 20, 2010, 9:04 am - IP Logged

Not trying to stir the pot here, because I usually play my own numbers, but did you notice that 2 people won the 2 Step on QP's last night? One in San Antonio, one in Fort Worth.

That makes 20 jackpot winners this year, 16 of them QP's. LOL.

16/20 = 80%.  That's normal since 70%-80% of jackpot winners in other games are QPs also.