Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New York Winning and Losing Sratcher numbers etc

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 6 years ago by brothadan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ny
United States
Member #88765
March 22, 2010
319 Posts
Posted: August 19, 2010, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Hello

i was wondering if there was people who play scratchers in new york city frequently or a lot who would like to share their experiences  and strategy etc. I would usually scratch my ticket at the store and buy 1 after another until there is a winner. i only buy the tickets $5 and up. while i do admit that i am down a lot from playing the lottery.

today i recently purchased x5 $20 win for life spectacular numbered 002,001,050,049,048 and they were all losers.

also x2 $20 $500,000,000 extravaganza numbered 031 and 030 both were also losers.

finally x3 $10 set for life tickets numbered 024,025,026 and all losers.

i guess a really bad day today as usual, especially when the lottery system is made for the majority of the players to lose.

Slayer's avatar - olab
    Oneida, NY
    United States
    Member #89915
    April 18, 2010
    255 Posts
    Posted: August 19, 2010, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't mess around with scratchers because it's way too hard to win anything decent, and even if you do, you have to take it over 20 years. I know you aren't doing very good with the pick 3, but keep at it. You should be playing the savants numbers that haven't hit yet. Straight/box it for $5-10 each number. That $170 would have bought alot of p-3. I've lost my fair share at p-3 because I don't have the patience. I want to get into both drawings and that was costing too much.

Anyways, I would stay away from the scratchers and stick with the draw games. Try take 5. Just my opinion.

ny
      United States
      Member #88765
      March 22, 2010
      319 Posts
      Posted: August 19, 2010, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

hello slayer and thanks for posting

i started playing the pick 3 and pick 4 the past 2months and i didnt do well at all. as for the scratchers and other ny lottery games i am not doing well at all since i play almost every game they have available. i did take a look at the savants numbers and there was just so many numbers to play. i did play them and people that posted their daily numbers and i never hit. until today and yesterday when i stopped playing, the numbers came out. so that left me paranoid and frustrated. i also play the take 5 but i always buy them quick picks. as for the pick 3 and 4 for the past 2 months, i lost around $500. i started playing the lottery seriously a year ago and i lost a lot. i guess now i still play the scratchers and jackpot games wanting to win back some.....

i just want to share with other people our experiences and strategies, maybe that can help us get a better knowledge of what we are putting our money into.

my best advice is to just spend your money on lottery ONLY when you have EXTRA money when you feel lucky...otherwise its better to just put it into your bank...

thanks

Set4life's avatar - 2554
        East Hampton, NY
        United States
        Member #41995
        June 25, 2006
        1137 Posts
        Posted: September 1, 2010, 8:37 am - IP Logged

brothadan,

it sucks to lose $500 man, but im curious? did you play each number 50/50?  you dont have to play that to win. I play just .50 str. when im not "sure'.  Last month i had like 5 str hits, all str and box.  My best advice is, pick a number. Stick with it.  Sometimes ny numbers, we ALL know they comeback twice, this is how i was able to hit "250' STR.  Hope this helps and keep winning!

*edit*

I also look at Florida and NJ numbers,  they will travel.

$Group Hug$

FOR THE WIN!

ny
          United States
          Member #88765
          March 22, 2010
          319 Posts
          Posted: September 1, 2010, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

hello set4life

yes i play almost every number boxed with str. i mostly play the numbers that are posted here on LP. maybe because i play alot of the numbers and almost every draw, which i lose alot more money and alot faster. same thing for the scratchers, i usually scratch it at the store until i get a winner. so in my opinion the best advice would be is to play ONLY if you have the extra money to play. if not, do NOT play. otherwise its better to spend money on a meal or something that would be more useful. good luck everyone