Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 2:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Fortune Cookie Lucky Numbers.

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Have you ever played the numbers in your fortune cookie?

Yes [ 55 ]  [64.71%]
No [ 30 ]  [35.29%]
Total Valid Votes [ 85 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
CA
United States
Member #84266
December 26, 2009
410 Posts
Posted: August 22, 2010, 12:40 am - IP Logged

So I went to a Chinese restaurant that I haven't been to in a long time and when the check came, it came with fortune cookies. Inside it had 6 lucky numbers. One of them is 50 so Super Lotto is automatically out. So I filled out my Mega Millions with one possible combination and I went with my first instinct.

Anyways how many of you have played the numbers in your fortune cookies?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10389 Posts
    Posted: August 22, 2010, 1:22 am - IP Logged

I've played the ones we got in a restaurant and I've played ones I've found that somebody else left where the plyaslips are, always hoping it was the Lottery Fairy. That has never worked yet, though. Maybe it's lottery agents leaving them there!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
      Miami, FLA
      United States
      Member #62793
      July 9, 2008
      678 Posts
      Posted: August 22, 2010, 2:54 am - IP Logged

I've played the ones we got in a restaurant and I've played ones I've found that somebody else left where the plyaslips are, always hoping it was the Lottery Fairy. That has never worked yet, though. Maybe it's lottery agents leaving them there!

I once read about someone winning big money with numbers from a fortune cookie, so I play them whenever I can.

Just yesterday I found a fortune cookie slip somebody left right next to the Lottery stand. I picked it up, but then I forgot to play the numbers. It didn't occur to me it was a gift from the Lottery Fairy.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Delaware
        United States
        Member #93503
        July 1, 2010
        453 Posts
        Posted: August 22, 2010, 3:33 am - IP Logged

I think playing numbers from a fortune cookie is kind of looking for desperate measure's and your really just chasing the big win. I personally, just pick my own numbers and maybe a few qp's and leave it at that.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: August 22, 2010, 9:17 am - IP Logged

I don't go out for Chinese anymore.

The last time I went my fortune said: "That wasn't actually what most people call chicken."

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10389 Posts
            Posted: August 22, 2010, 11:43 am - IP Logged

I think playing numbers from a fortune cookie is kind of looking for desperate measure's and your really just chasing the big win. I personally, just pick my own numbers and maybe a few qp's and leave it at that.

I don't think that would be desperate measures. People who play them probably consider them a "sign".

Desperate is playing "my numbers" for years or decades because they are "my numbers". (Yeah, it does happen but one out of millions get lucky like that).

One time I was in the sports book at the Excalibur and picked up a kind of Gold sheet but from a different servcie. Some guys from Georgia had been in town and left them in the sports book. I couldn't pick my nose that season so picked up the sheet and went with their first six college picks. Put $15 on it and it paid $750, sweet. One game came in by 1/2 a point The real clinsher was had I have gone with the first nine picks they all came in.

But desperate? Naw, I was going to put $15 on a six-teamer anyway.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
              Connecticut
              United States
              Member #61623
              May 29, 2008
              20581 Posts
              Posted: August 22, 2010, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

I've used fortune cookie numbers and hit 4 balls in PB a while back....I only believe it was a sign because all of the numbers we ha in the drawer were all blue and one had a red set(which seemed odd at the time).I initially used the red numbers for Cash 5 because they "looked"like winning numbers.After 3 weeks and only a few bucks won I tried em with powerball and a couple of  draws later hit 4balls w/multiplier for $400...what was really scary is my favorite PB number(31) came in that draw also and I had it with the other set of numbers..Had I used it with the other set,I would've have had 40 G's...all in all,I believe it was some kind of sign.I'm not privy to superstition,but when I see things out of the ordinary,ya can't help but go with the flow

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

Monkey Butt, USA
                United States
                Member #54569
                August 23, 2007
                1124 Posts
                Posted: August 22, 2010, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

So I went to a Chinese restaurant that I haven't been to in a long time and when the check came, it came with fortune cookies. Inside it had 6 lucky numbers. One of them is 50 so Super Lotto is automatically out. So I filled out my Mega Millions with one possible combination and I went with my first instinct.

Anyways how many of you have played the numbers in your fortune cookies?

As a matter of fact I am tracking all the fortune cookie numbers I have just to see how they perform every week. I try to track them for every lottery possible. So far I've had some interesting results. Nothing to write about but interesting just the same.

Litebets27's avatar - power
                  Maryland
                  United States
                  Member #10465
                  January 14, 2005
                  6065 Posts
                  Posted: August 22, 2010, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

I remember a few years back, when several people in a couple of States hit 5+0 in Powerball. Most claimed it was from fortune cookies. I play them every now and then, but have never cashed in.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

United States
                    Member #61232
                    May 16, 2008
                    126 Posts
                    Posted: August 22, 2010, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

I remember a few years back, when several people in a couple of States hit 5+0 in Powerball. Most claimed it was from fortune cookies. I play them every now and then, but have never cashed in.

That was the March 30, 2005 Powerball drawing.  There were 110 second prize winners.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                      Ringleader
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #81740
                      October 28, 2009
                      41867 Posts
                      Posted: August 22, 2010, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

I get Chinese all the time, maybe I will play the numbers.

HyperBe Happy.

CA
                        United States
                        Member #84266
                        December 26, 2009
                        410 Posts
                        Posted: August 22, 2010, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

To be honest it's actually my first fortune cookie with "lucky numbers" in it. I haven't had a fortune cookie in years before this. Maybe it is a sign. Lol.

CA
                          United States
                          Member #84266
                          December 26, 2009
                          410 Posts
                          Posted: August 22, 2010, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

But how do you decide which number is the mega number? Do you just play all combinations using those numbers?

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                            Miami, FLA
                            United States
                            Member #62793
                            July 9, 2008
                            678 Posts
                            Posted: August 23, 2010, 1:28 am - IP Logged

Couple of things, Cow.

1. We're ALL chasing the big win. If you're not you're wasting your time on this site.

2. Numbers from a fortune cookie aren't any less legitimate than birthdays or numbers you get from a dream.

3. There are more than a few people on LP that have plenty to say about people like you who use qp's. See Rdgnr for further info.

4. Don't judge, lest ye be....you know the rest, I hope.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10389 Posts
                              Posted: August 23, 2010, 2:15 am - IP Logged

badboy00z,

Just pick one of the numbers from the fortune cookie as the Mega number. A lot of people would just use the last one.

Nino224,

Not only would they have plenty to say about using qp's but witness a poll we once had and people can't agree if such a set of numbers is a QP or not.

"If the ticket doesn't say QP it's not a QP"

vs

"I didn't pick those numbers, just played them, so it's a QP".

Lep